Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Hurricane Gustav Forces New Orleans Saints to Evacuate, Practice in Indianapolis

A lot of people are a little more cautious since Katrina.
    All the hotels are already booked through next week as far north as Jackson, MS.
    Have people filtering into town here too, a family will be staying at our home.
    Saints have had to do some road play quite a bit the last couple years.

[size=12pt]Hurricane Gustav Forces New Orleans Saints to Evacuate, Practice in Indianapolis[/size]
    Posted Aug 28th 2008 8:38PM
    by Michael David Smith

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hurricane Gustav Forces New Orleans Saints to Evacuate, Practice in Indianapolis

"Prophet" wrote:
    All the hotels are already booked through next week as far north as Jackson, MS.

[size=12pt]Hurricane Gustav Forces New Orleans Saints to Evacuate, Practice in Indianapolis[/size]
    by Michael David Smith

That's what happens when you build a city below sea level between the gulf and a big goddamn lake.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hurricane Gustav Forces New Orleans Saints to Evacuate, Practice in Indianapolis

Yes, historically it made sense.
    Now it doesn't.
    I just hope my buddies house on the MS coast that we just finished doesn't get destroyed.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Move the city out of the swimming pool

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Hurricane Gustav Forces New Orleans Saints to Evacuate, Practice in Indianap

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

by Michael David Smith

That's what happens when you build a city below sea level between the gulf and a big goddamn lake.

=Z=
    Not to mention surrounded by dikes that haven't passed an inspection in years...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hurricane Gustav Forces New Orleans Saints to Evacuate, Practice in Indianap

"C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

by Michael David Smith

=Z=
    Not to mention surrounded by dikes that haven't passed an inspection in years...
    Those dykes need to go to the gynocologist then and get inspected.

Those are levees, BTW, not dykes.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Mandatory evacuations to begin Sunday morning in New Orleans

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/08/30/gustav.prepare/index.html

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

They should have let Mother Nature keep the city after Katrina. If it goes under again they certainly need to. This country does have higher, dryer ground.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    They should have let Mother Nature keep the city after Katrina. If it goes under again they certainly need to. This country does have higher, dryer ground.
    Yeah, I sort of agree. But I'm sure it's probably hard for folks - especially those who have resided there all their lives - to just up and leave a place like that (w/ so much history) and never return. Me, personally - had I been living there during the whole Katrina period, and God allowed me to survive/escape it - there's no way I'd even want to return. I would have been thanking God for His protection, and making the best of life in some other are of the country. Oh well...I just pray that everyone over in that area (even in Cuba) make it through this natural disaster alive and well. I don't want anymore ppl losing their lives as a result of such a storm.

And to the person who asked if any of the ppl from that area were spotted in our cities: I don't think so (I'm from the city of Beer and cheese)...our city has been stuffed with approximately 175,000 bikers for Harley Davidson's 105 anniversary. I can still hear many motorcycles drilling down my street as I type (yikes!).
    With all that said, take care, everybody.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Hurricane hope everyone makes it out okay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast