Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting

Del Rio Guest

Hunting

Well folks the hunting season begins tomorrow for me. I have an Idaho Archery tag, a Utah Elk Tag, a Southern Utah Deer tag, and a bull Moose tag I drew out with my old man.

Moose is a once in a life-time hunt. I said I would never do it because well frankly in my experience Moose don't run away or really even care about you. My dad is getting up there in age and he put me in the draw and we both drew he took this video on Saturday scouting out a spot.

http://www.42.com/moosehunt/08212005/20050824-BullMoose.WMV

I love when my mom tells him he would shoot it anyway and he has this long pause...................well if it was the end of the hunt.

I know a lot of people don't like hunting they may even be against it. My birth mother is very against it. I respect her opinion. I'm excited to start the hunt it is good times, I just wish it didn't always happen in the middle of the football season.

My deer tag is in a trophy buck area. There was a deer that lives near a military installment called the "General" pictures of him are all over the place. Well his home is near Lehi and he has wintered on the base grounds for a long time. A few days ago a friend of mine popped him with an arrow. Turns out the place he called his home was a rocky draw on BLM land surrounded by thick pines. It is kind of sad, but probably a new state record they are waiting for the drying process to measure.

I was supposed to be on that hunt with my buddy, but I decided to do my bow hunting in Idaho because I have seen what Idaho can produce plus I never see any other hunters and that is worth the trip for me.

Here is the 'General"

And here is a crazy picture of some Pike my old man sent me.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Hunting

Sweet pics del rio! Good luck with this years hunts!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

yeah thats a heck of a deer, hunting season doesn't start for a couple more months for me. i had that pike pic sent to me to and i thought it was a damn muskie. i get alot of those nice wildlife pics since i work for the department of natural resources, anyways good luck del rio.

Del Rio Guest

Heh, well in Utah all we really have is Tiger Muskie. My old man is from Nebraska and any fish with teeth and looks like it would eat your babies he calls a Pike, I just picked up after him.

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

Great pics, I cant wait to go hunting this fall eventhou I end up listening to the games on the radio.

Grouse hunting starts in the midle of Sept here in Minny and deer hunting -rifle- starts in early november, which sometimes can be cold. Two years ago we where out deer hunting and it was 12 below zero opening morning! Still went out but boy it was cold.

Del, do you do any icefishing out in Utah? That is probably my favoite outdoor activity. Plus its fun trying to explain to people down south that you drive five miles out on a frozen lake and start punching holes in the ice next to your vehicle.

Have a safe hunt
    I.B.O.T. #213

whatever it is its a monster!

Del Rio Guest

"sunny" wrote:
    Great pics, I cant wait to go hunting this fall eventhou I end up listening to the games on the radio.

Grouse hunting starts in the midle of Sept here in Minny and deer hunting -rifle- starts in early november, which sometimes can be cold. Two years ago we where out deer hunting and it was 12 below zero opening morning! Still went out but boy it was cold.

Del, do you do any icefishing out in Utah? That is probably my favoite outdoor activity. Plus its fun trying to explain to people down south that you drive five miles out on a frozen lake and start punching holes in the ice next to your vehicle.

Have a safe hunt
    You know I don't do much Ice fishing. I waterfowl hunt a lot, and I am scared of my 280lbs breaking through the ice. My dad goes all the time, he even drives his truck on the ice, but I'm too big of a wimp that shit pops and creeks ..........

One year we had a late season hunt and it was like 20 below with wind chill and my dads nose was running and his mustache froze to the stock of his gun, when he shot the recoil ripped it clean off LOL! I love hunting in the snow though it is my favorite.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Who is that pictured with Randy Ulmer and that HUGE mulie?? Is that YOU Del Rio? You gonna be hunting the LaSal Mountains east of Moab in the southern Unit?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio Guest

That is not me, that is a friend of mine who works with me. He's Mr. pink football pants. A story I told a long time ago about a guy on my team who washed his white gameday pants with his red scout cap, and as a result was made fun of even up until this day, I may make fun of him at lunch it has been a while.

You guessed my draw exactly, I drew LaSal. I only had 3 points too. So it was one lucky draw and I am excited as hell to get to hunt there.

zimtwister is offline Coach

hey sunny! know of any good ruffed grouse spots?
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast