Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Huge problem in Minneapolis

These buggers make a mess out of the sidewalks around the metro lakes and they have an attitude about sharing.

Here is a link to the story:

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S9157.html?cat=1
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Huge problem in Minneapolis

Thats why I shoot em! I guess u can't at a park or lake or anything, But up here we shoot about 3 day

Del Rio Guest

Well send some my way.

We have a definate lack of Canadian geese. Of course we have been in a drought for a few years so the waterfowl hunting has been hurting.

Heck send a few to my friend he needs to know what they look like. He shot a seagull last time we went and he said he thought it was a goose. I was asleep and hear a shot, run over and it's a damn seagull. No big deal really except it is our STATE BIRD.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

HAHA.. Take a trip with Ultra to around this area and go hunting.. Great hunting here.. Take a drive at night through the back roads and you will see 10 deer just standing there.. Drive alittle more and there will be 3 jack rabbits chillin'.... Wait til the mourning and flocks of geese will fly over ya for hours

Del Rio Guest

No problem with deer here, I would rather hunt Mule deer then Whitetail anyday. No problems with elk here, pronghorn, bighorn sheep, cougar, rabbits, grouse, phesants.........great hunting in this state.

Except waterfowl sucks lately geese are rare, and you may even be lucky if you see a mallard. Last year I shot one duck, a wood duck and that was it all year. You may get lucky if you go river walking, sneaking up on the cutbacks but if you hunt a waterfowl area a marshland it is bad.

6-KINGS Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Well send some my way.

We have a definate lack of Canadian geese. Of course we have been in a drought for a few years so the waterfowl hunting has been hurting.

Heck send a few to my friend he needs to know what they look like. He shot a seagull last time we went and he said he thought it was a goose. I was asleep and hear a shot, run over and it's a gol 'darnit seagull. No big deal really except it is our STATE BIRD.
    LOL!!!!

Man when I first started turkey hunting, I used a bow.
    There I was in my 12ft blind (yeah I know)
    And I am looking down the fence line and I see "a whole bunch of buzzards" walking up the fence towards me.
    No biggy "useless buzzards" right?
    closer
    closer
    closer
    9 yards away(I paced it off later)
    And then
    gobble,gobble!

What the hell!!!
    Mind you I am not hiding at all at this point. Because I am going to get a good look at "buzzards" Mr Nature Lover here.
    TURKEY OH CRAP!!! HIDE!!!
    So I draw back and "SQUEAK!!!!!" go's the arrow on the rest, the rubber fell off the arrow rest and about 11 turkey with 2 HUGE Gobblers turn and look.
    I fire and he jumps up just as my arrow hits where he was.

Needless to say when I got back to camp and for the next I don't know 10 years or so!
    The guys brought me pictures, hung up pictures, got decoys and made sounds of turkey all for little ole me.

6-KINGS

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Well send some my way.

Heck send a few to my friend he needs to know what they look like. He shot a seagull last time we went and he said he thought it was a goose. I was asleep and hear a shot, run over and it's a gol 'darnit seagull. No big deal really except it is our STATE BIRD.
    The SEAGULL is you guys STATE BIRD??? What SEA do they fly over in Utah??? The Great Salt Lake Sea??? LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The geese crap 22 times a day...dang, that is even more than Najeh does!!! LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Well send some my way.

The SEAGULL is you guys STATE BIRD??? What SEA do they fly over in Utah??? The Great Salt Lake Sea??? LOL
    Honestly, the seagulls do hang out at the great salt lake in fact Antelope Island has one of the most diverse populations of gulls because it is the worlds largest producer of brine shrimp. There even is a Flamingo there named floyd that escaped from the Hogle zoo. He lives there.

But they are our state bird because when the mormons began to settle this valley their crops were plagued by crickets and the seagulls ate them up essentially saving their lives so now we have a rat with wings for a state bird.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Well send some my way.

Call the city it seems that they can't send anymore to Iowa. LOL

It is such a big problem here that they extended the early hunting season on them here and we can also hunt them on water during the early season now.
    Last year we shot 18 on the opening morning.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast