Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How'd you come by your nickname?

Easy, mine is a handle that I use for many internet applications.

I found something that is personal and yet when I apply for new accounts, I hardly ever have to take a name like "smithjohn1939283@" as a user name.

I love snow!

I like Prince!

Vikes & Prince are from Minneapolis!

It is from a song title of Prince's, Sometimes it Snows in April. It is a popular song amonst Prince fanatics, from my second least favorite Prince albums, that is why you probably never heard of it.

basically = snow in april is unpredictable, hard to foresee or sometimes things happen that are unexpected.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

well

im jewish as most of you know

and one of my friends started callng me lotzamatzah

so i used lotzamatzah208 as my aim then everytime i started registering on a site, i started my sn with lotza. i dunnno lotza is just my internet alias

Go vikes!!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Easy.

Love the Vikings.

Hate the Packers.

:razz:

It's more of the rivalry really. I thing I miss about living around the metro is Viking/Packer game week, there's such a "buzz" everywhere about the game!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Alas! :sad: When I signed up I was unawre that my sign in name would become my moniker.

I would love to change it & thought I would be able to, but I don't wany to lose my post count. It would take me like 6 weeks to get back to where my count is today.

Anyhow, quite simply, it's my last name & 1st & middle initials.

Pretty well thought out, eh. :roll:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Mine came from reading Robert Ludlum.

In the book, "The Bourne Identity" (Not the crappy movie that shares the same title and little esle), David Webb (aka Jason Bourne) while still suffering amnesia keeps repeating, "C is for Caine, Caine is for Carlos".

Turns out that Mr. Webb is a CIA deep cover operative tasked with drawing Carlos the Jackal out of hiding so he can be eliminated...but during one op, he loses all memory of who he is and what he's doing.

When I got into online gaming, I noticed that a lot of people selected thematic names, based upon the game they were playing. For example, a space based game would inevitably have a Captain Kirk, a fantasy based game typically had an Aragorn, and Military sims were bound to include "sgt." someone or other.

I didn't want to be that predictable. So, I decided to grab an obscure reference to a character type I liked, and use THAT. And, Since Caine is a deep cover operative, always in hostile territory, but is more than able to take care of himself, it sort of fits into just about anything I do.

It was either that or "Princess Fluffy Bottom"...but I thought Ultra was going to use it so I went with Caine.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    Alas! :sad: When I signed up I was unawre that my sign in name would become my moniker.

I would love to change it & thought I would be able to, but I don't wany to lose my post count. It would take me like 6 weeks to get back to where my count is today.

Anyhow, quite simply, it's my last name & 1st & middle initials.

Pretty well thought out, eh. :roll:
    LAME!
    :lol:

Go vikes!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Turboe" wrote:
    Only a person from Galveston would come up with such a comment.......

Everyone knows that UT is located in Knoxville and the orange is a little brighter.

That reminds me....
    An Auburn fan, an Alabama fan and a UT fan all bump into each other one day and the Alabama fan says to the Auburn fan.

"That sure is a nice sweatshirt you have there A-U-B-U-R-N whats that stand for?

And the Auburn fan says "it stands for Alabama Usually Beats Us Round'about November."

Then the Alabama fan then turns to the UT fan and says, "what about yours?.........." To which he replies.......
    "Us Too!"

Thats almost as crazy as those people that continue to refer to Southern Cal as "USC" when everyone knows that the "Real USC" as they say down here is University of South Carolina Gamecocks. (Troy's Alma Matter just to tie this back to Vikings). Since "The Real USC" was founded nearly 80 years before the interlopers from the west it must be the real one...
    Yes, I thought about the Vols, but there is only one UT, and it is the one closest to where one lives.

Thanks Singer for the thread Idea and to Turboe for starting it. This should be some good reading. I like Caine's Handle story the best so far.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"snowinapril" wrote:

Yes, I thought about the Vols, but there is only one UT, and it is the one closest to where one lives.

Thanks Singer for the thread Idea and to Turboe for starting it. This should be some good reading. I like Caine's Handle story the best so far.
    Yes I got a kick of everyone down here when they said USC for South Carolina and I thought they were talking about Southern Cal. They all say "The REAL USC"... Just depends on were you are from.

Of course to Me SDSU will always be in Brookings, SD not in San Diego as well.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

RK are my initials. I have a couple other avatars I use on occasion on the net but this was my first one. Also it turns out that it is also somewhat of a stealth ID. Don't believe me? Just do a search on this site for my posts. :twisted: Bet you can't find them.

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"RK" wrote:
    RK are my initials. I have a couple other avatars I use on occasion on the net but this was my first one. Also it turns out that it is also somewhat of a stealth ID. Don't believe me? Just do a search on this site for my posts. :twisted: Bet you can't find them.
    You are right RK!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast