Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How Are You Dealing With/Handling Packers Fans?

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1088470
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1088468
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1088438
    I congratulate them.

Seriously.

While I like nothing more than to see them lose... they didn't. They played three good games to get to the Super Bowl. It is their moment in the sun, so I let them have it.

Next year is a whole new year, and we all know how different a team can be from one year to the next. Next year, it will be the purple in the Super Bowl...
    I'm with you NP. I want nothing more than for them to lose in the superbowl but at the same time if they win it I won't shed tears over it. I love the game of football and as a fan I can admire what they have done. Yes, I hate the Packers, the Bears and some other teams out there. But truth be told they had a good season and overcame a lot of obstacles. They deserve to be there.

Now, someone can shoot me for saying all that. GO STEELERS!
    See? Now that's the way to roll, imo--

As an example, I came right here to this forum as the Vikes proceeded on their run last year, and further expressed as much sympathy as could reasonably be expected from a Packer fan when the Vikes fell short. I would submit that I was "going out of my way" to acknowledge your team and its accomplishments, and also acknowledging that while I personally felt the sting of my team not doing as well as I liked, I tried to convey that I was happy for my "rival fans".

It wasn't that hard to do. There are a lot of really good folks here.

For me, having done so- it makes it feel that much better when my team does do well.
    I remember df. It's always appreciated to have a fan from the "other side" to bring unbiased opinions. I do believe you do that. At the same time I 100% agree with Caine! :evil: :P

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1088480
    No, but you said I shouldn't mention "GO PACK GO", or even that we were in the Super Bowl, so I had to go to plan B in the rhetoric dept.

Foster :P
    And plan "B" is to categorically deny the validity in the statements made previously while offering no proof or validation of your own with which to support your position?

You've been reading Marrdro's posts again, haven't you....

BTW, where do you live?

Caine

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Packers fans don't bother me. Vikings fans accepting and loving Brett Favre showed me how frivolous the idea of forcing yourself into hating one certain team more than another is. We also live in an era where very few players take it seriously. It could be the Packers, it could be the Bears, it could be the Florida Tuskers..point is it's not the Vikings and that's the negative thing.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I just blast this song and smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw&ob=av2el

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1088464
    Of course, what can you expect from a fan base whose theme song has only 3 words...and two of them are the same word. Who was the brilliant lyricist who wrote THAT timeless ditty?

Caine
    I'm sorry but...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I just tell them that its nice to see them make the Superbowl cause it shows that it doesnt take that much

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I usually just gently pat them on the back and congratulate them on all their accolades over the years and how if any team deserves to be going to the big dance it is the Packers.....then, when he is tearing up with pride, I knee him in the nuts and elbow the back of his skull and as he drops to the pavement his bloodied face lands on a Packers stencil so his team's insignia is written in red on the sidewalk.

Then again, sometimes I just give the head nod and say nothing.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

dfosterf is offline Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1088484
    No, but you said I shouldn't mention "GO PACK GO", or even that we were in the Super Bowl, so I had to go to plan B in the rhetoric dept.

And plan "B" is to categorically deny the validity in the statements made previously while offering no proof or validation of your own with which to support your position?

BTW, where do you live?

Caine
    I'm retired from the Marine Corps. I was born in Madison, left Wisconsin after 5th grade, lived most of my life when in the states in Alexandria, Va.- At least the wife and kids did, my tours were all unaccompanied... I presently lead a very non-stressful, non-megolopolis (eastern sea-boarders will read that is just-far-enough-outside-the-traffic-flow :P )existence on the outskirts of Harrisburg, PA.

The go Pack go lameness argument has validity, but I could bring up that ridiculously stupid friggin' horn, but shall refrain from doing so, lol

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1088498
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1088484

BTW, where do you live?

Caine
    I'm retired from the Marine Corps. I was born in Madison, left Wisconsin after 5th grade, lived most of my life when in the states in Alexandria, Va.- At least the wife and kids did, my tours were all unaccompanied... I presently lead a very non-stressful, non-megolopolis (eastern sea-boarders will read that is just-far-enough-outside-the-traffic-flow :P )existence on the outskirts of Harrisburg, PA.

The go Pack go lameness argument has validity, but I could bring up that ridiculously stupid friggin' horn, but shall refrain from doing so, lol

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

horn beats the hell out of a super-creative "GO PACK GO!" chant.

I mean, its not like half of the teams in existance have some variation of that.

go pack go
    go leafs go
    go habs go
    go colts go
    basically anything that you can turn into a single-syllable name uses the chant.

Horn is at least relevant to the team. The Falcons for example can't use a Viking horn.

However, on that point, I think the stupidest one is the Panthers little kitty growl they do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast