Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: How Are You Dealing With/Handling Packers Fans?

I congratulate them.

Seriously.

While I like nothing more than to see them lose... they didn't. They played three good games to get to the Super Bowl. It is their moment in the sun, so I let them have it.

Next year is a whole new year, and we all know how different a team can be from one year to the next. Next year, it will be the purple in the Super Bowl...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

dfosterf is offline Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1088431
    Quote Originally Posted by "Rockmolder" #1088412
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1088399
    I casually remind them that they were a 9-7 team that backed into the playoffs due to Chicago's inability to play a complete game.

I then remind them that while they may have peaked at the right time, they also faced a fairly unimpressive NFC field - Atlanta is young and I never felt Chicago was legit.

Finally, I remind them that no matter what, they'll STILL be the stinking PACTARDS, and no matter how many games they win, that will never change.

Caine
    While you're somewhat right, you're such a hater. Lol.

Anyway, I can walk around in green and gold all I want around here and people think I'm a rap fan.

So I usually don't wear a team jersey.

If I ever come to the US, though, I'll drop by your parking lot. See how many punches in the face I'll receive.
    Sadly, I live in southern Wisconsin - right on the Bear/Pactard border. I can't throw a rock without hitting a window licker in the head.

As a result, I've become VERY good at taking down Packtards...especially when they start their nonsensical ramblings about being a wonderful team.

I will admit that I didn't expect them to make the Superbowl. I thought Philly would knock them out for sure. Too bad we gave the Packers the blueprint on beating Vick...he really vanished after we beat them.

Once Green Bay beat Philly, however, I didn't see anyone else beating them. Again, Atlanta is young, Chicago is a fluke, and Seattle was...well...Seattle.

So, with Green Bay running hot, I was left hoping they'd shoot themselves in the foot...and they almost did in Chicago.

Now, however, I am forced to hope that a rapist beats them. Pittsburgh played a better game versus the Jets than GB did versus Chicago. I know Vegas has GB as the 3 point favorite, but I still think that the Steelers are the stronger team. They are also the more experienced team.

So, hope for a Steeler win, and that the Packers will suffer the Superbowl loser curse like Oakland did.

Caine
    "Nonsensical ramblings about being a wonderful team."

he he he

Thanks for setting us straight, yet again.

We'll just have to slink off to Dallas in our collective misery, now that you've set the record straight. B)

You are hereby sentenced to two solid weeks of unrelenting Green Bay Packer hype. Maybe you could talk to some Lions fans instead. They could give you some advice on how to extricate yourself from the cellar in the division. :laugh:

Foster :P

A couple of thoughts:

I know a few Packer fans and I have begrudgingly congratulated them on their berth to the Super Bowl. It makes me throw up a little in my mouth each time I think of having a SB party in my Vikes Lounge. Anyway what better result than the Pack getting to the dance only to be denied.

I think that the difference is Pit's defense and they will be able to get to Rodgers and when they do, they won't miss like Philly, ATL, and CHI did save for the Peppers hit.

I am also concerned that the Pack could be in a golden era of revival. They are young, have a good coach, QB they could make noise for years to come if they can keep the team together. My two favorite teams are still 1) the Vikes, and 2) whoever is playing the Packers.

Go Steelers!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

The number one best option to deal with Packers fans:

Move to the Homeland! I have yet to see a Green Bay Packers fan.

Plus, it doesn't hurt that it's plenty of jobs to go around, the welfare is ridiculously generous, and the native language is pretty easy to learn as it's similar to English.

Even if you don't want to learn the language, don't worry!

Virtually everyone speaks English as a second language and all public information is in English too.

Oh, and did I mention that it's the best country in the world to live in, according to the UN?

For those who don't want to leave; you can always go with the second best option to deal with Packers fans:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1088441
    I casually remind them that they were a 9-7 team that backed into the playoffs due to Chicago's inability to play a complete game.

I then remind them that while they may have peaked at the right time, they also faced a fairly unimpressive NFC field - Atlanta is young and I never felt Chicago was legit.

Finally, I remind them that no matter what, they'll STILL be the stinking PACTARDS, and no matter how many games they win, that will never change.

Caine

Anyway, I can walk around in green and gold all I want around here and people think I'm a rap fan.

If I ever come to the US, though, I'll drop by your parking lot. See how many punches in the face I'll receive.
    Sadly, I live in southern Wisconsin - right on the Bear/Pactard border. I can't throw a rock without hitting a window licker in the head.

As a result, I've become VERY good at taking down Packtards...especially when they start their nonsensical ramblings about being a wonderful team.

I will admit that I didn't expect them to make the Superbowl. I thought Philly would knock them out for sure. Too bad we gave the Packers the blueprint on beating Vick...he really vanished after we beat them.

Once Green Bay beat Philly, however, I didn't see anyone else beating them. Again, Atlanta is young, Chicago is a fluke, and Seattle was...well...Seattle.

So, with Green Bay running hot, I was left hoping they'd shoot themselves in the foot...and they almost did in Chicago.

Now, however, I am forced to hope that a rapist beats them. Pittsburgh played a better game versus the Jets than GB did versus Chicago. I know Vegas has GB as the 3 point favorite, but I still think that the Steelers are the stronger team. They are also the more experienced team.

So, hope for a Steeler win, and that the Packers will suffer the Superbowl loser curse like Oakland did.

Caine

he he he

We'll just have to slink off to Dallas in our collective misery, now that you've set the record straight. B)

You are hereby sentenced to two solid weeks of unrelenting Green Bay Packer hype. Maybe you could talk to some Lions fans instead. They could give you some advice on how to extricate yourself from the cellar in the division. :laugh:

Yup, I said you don't have a "wonderful team".

I mean, seriously, you were 9-7. You slid into the Play-offs. You have benefited from facing an NFC field that was loaded with pretenders, and an absence of contenders.

Your "on fire" offense could barely score on the Bears...both games. And your "mighty" defense almost gave the game back to a 3rd round 3rd string QB.

Truthfully, I didn't think there was anyone in the NFC all that impressive. And with the Packtards peaking, I figured they'd be tough to stop (Again, I thought Philly had more heart than they showed).

So we're left hoping that the AFC can snap you back to reality. Sadly, it's Pittsburgh representing the AFC - the franchise I hate most in the AFC.

And you want to sentence ME to 2 weeks of Packtard gloating? Are you guys clever enough to come up with 2 weeks of material? Far as I can tell, I'm just going to hear, "Oh yeah? Well we're in the Superbowl" for the next two weeks, as most Packtards aren't clever enough to find a truly creative means of expressing their alleged superiority.

Of course, what can you expect from a fan base whose theme song has only 3 words...and two of them are the same word. Who was the brilliant lyricist who wrote THAT timeless ditty?

Packtard: (Singing) "Go, Pack......errrrr....what's the next word?"

Viking Fan: "It's "go" you inbred sheep molesting moron."

Packtard: "Oh yeah?"

Viking Fan: "yeah, you knock kneed goat poking idiot".

Packtard: (places hand on hips in what he assumes is a threatening gesture...except he places them "thumbs forward") "Well....we're in the Superbowl"

Viking fan: "Thanks for the news flash, Walter Kronkite"

Packtard: "Uhhhhhhh...my name isn't Walter. It's Bobby."

Viking fan: hanging head in exasperation "Just shoot me..."

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1088464

Caine

Caine

he he he

I mean, seriously, you were 9-7. You slid into the Play-offs. You have benefited from facing an NFC field that was loaded with pretenders, and an absence of contenders.

Your "on fire" offense could barely score on the Bears...both games. And your "mighty" defense almost gave the game back to a 3rd round 3rd string QB.

Truthfully, I didn't think there was anyone in the NFC all that impressive. And with the Packtards peaking, I figured they'd be tough to stop (Again, I thought Philly had more heart than they showed).

So we're left hoping that the AFC can snap you back to reality. Sadly, it's Pittsburgh representing the AFC - the franchise I hate most in the AFC.

And you want to sentence ME to 2 weeks of Packtard gloating? Are you guys clever enough to come up with 2 weeks of material? Far as I can tell, I'm just going to hear, "Oh yeah? Well we're in the Superbowl" for the next two weeks, as most Packtards aren't clever enough to find a truly creative means of expressing their alleged superiority.

Of course, what can you expect from a fan base whose theme song has only 3 words...and two of them are the same word. Who was the brilliant lyricist who wrote THAT timeless ditty?

Packtard: (places hand on hips in what he assumes is a threatening gesture...except he places them "thumbs forward") "Well....we're in the Superbowl"

Caine
    I don't know why so many Viking fans have such an (apparent) inferiority complex of some sort that they must resort to stereotyping an entire rival fanbase and minimizing the accomplishments of a team that beat them rather handily. It makes those reduced to such measures look sadly immature, petty , jealous, ignorant of the facts, and in generalized denial.

Some would argue and say such Vikings fans have no class, but personally I feel that the root cause is that they absolutely cannot stand the fact that they are virtually indiscernible from the very folk they work so terribly hard to debase in the first place.

If it works for them, I have no problem with it, but they do have therapy available, and I would only suggest intensive treatment for some, perhaps a program on an in-patient basis.

Foster:P

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1088438
    I congratulate them.

Seriously.

While I like nothing more than to see them lose... they didn't. They played three good games to get to the Super Bowl. It is their moment in the sun, so I let them have it.

Next year is a whole new year, and we all know how different a team can be from one year to the next. Next year, it will be the purple in the Super Bowl...
    I'm with you NP. I want nothing more than for them to lose in the superbowl but at the same time if they win it I won't shed tears over it. I love the game of football and as a fan I can admire what they have done. Yes, I hate the Packers, the Bears and some other teams out there. But truth be told they had a good season and overcame a lot of obstacles. They deserve to be there.

Now, someone can shoot me for saying all that. GO STEELERS!

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1088468
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1088438
    I congratulate them.

Seriously.

I'm with you NP. I want nothing more than for them to lose in the superbowl but at the same time if they win it I won't shed tears over it. I love the game of football and as a fan I can admire what they have done. Yes, I hate the Packers, the Bears and some other teams out there. But truth be told they had a good season and overcame a lot of obstacles. They deserve to be there.

Now, someone can shoot me for saying all that. GO STEELERS!
    See? Now that's the way to roll, imo--

As an example, I came right here to this forum as the Vikes proceeded on their run last year, and further expressed as much sympathy as could reasonably be expected from a Packer fan when the Vikes fell short. I would submit that I was "going out of my way" to acknowledge your team and its accomplishments, and also acknowledging that while I personally felt the sting of my team not doing as well as I liked, I tried to convey that I was happy for my "rival fans".

It wasn't that hard to do. There are a lot of really good folks here.

For me, having done so- it makes it feel that much better when my team does do well.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1088465
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1088464

Caine

Caine

he he he

Caine
    I don't know why so many Viking fans have such an (apparent) inferiority complex of some sort that they must resort to stereotyping an entire rival fanbase and minimizing the accomplishments of a team that beat them rather handily. It makes those reduced to such measures look sadly immature, petty , jealous, ignorant of the facts, and in generalized denial.

Some would argue and say such Vikings fans have no class, but personally I feel that the root cause is that they absolutely cannot stand the fact that they are virtually indiscernible from the very folk they work so terribly hard to debase in the first place.

If it works for them, I have no problem with it, but they do have therapy available, and I would only suggest intensive treatment for some, perhaps a program on an in-patient basis.

Foster:P
    You hire a Lions fan to write that for you?

:evil:

Caine

No, but you said I shouldn't mention "GO PACK GO", or even that we were in the Super Bowl, so I had to go to plan B in the rhetoric dept.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast