Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: How much would you charge.....?

Way to go animal, make that money man!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

zimtwister is offline Coach

charge no less than 30.00 per hour. car mechanics are 100.00 lawyers 350.00 shrinks 250.00 consultants 700.00 accounts 125.00 i would pay 30.00 per hour. i have a handyman business and i charge by the job but if i'm not making 30.00 an hour i am losing. i put up a huge playset for a teacher and she thought 30.00 per hour was cheap! do not short yourself- the pro's are not much better and sometimes worse than someone who cares about the job they are doing.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

Next time, charge them 300 bucks and then take it through the Exxon car wash for 8 bucks. That, my friend, is pure profit!

Del Rio Guest

Mechanics and computer techs and such can charge so much because they are taking advantage of people's ignorance. You can fix almost anything yourself for half the price.

If I'm going to fork out 300.00 for a wash and a wax I better get a shave and a lapdance too.

There better be about 10 college girls scrubbing my vehicle and scrubbing each other.

Just kidding animal, rule of thumb charge as much as you can get away with, if you ever do get those employees I mentioned let me know so I can buy me a trailer

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"PurpleAndy" wrote:
    Next time, charge them 300 bucks and then take it through the Exxon car wash for 8 bucks. That, my friend, is pure profit!

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

del its not taking advantage of there ignorance- its just some people are too lazy. they say there to busy but can tell you what they watched for 5 hours last night on tv. lol . and some people think the other guy knows more, i have found that not to be true. anyways i agree- try to fix it yourself first!

Del Rio Guest

That's what I'm saying.

If the average person knew they could get new shocks for 30.00 would they still pay 300.00

I sure as hell don't. I make a lot of side cash fixing friends/family cars and such same with computers. Would you pay 100+ dollars to have some one slap a 40$ CD ROM in your tower? It's just a big mystery to people they assume it is rocket science. I bet a lot of it is lazyness though.

del- i am with you 100%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123