Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Re: How many will watch the Daytona 500 today?

:roll: If I wanted to see something like that, I'd just get in my car, go to some random suburban neighborhood and keep turning left for three hours.

To whoever wins the race: Wow, congratulations! You can drive around a circular track! I hope you didn't get lost along the way or anything! Of course you didn't, you skilled driver, you, because you are the Supreme Athlete Deluxe, with, um...cheese. w00t.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Mark Martin up to 4th place, 103 laps into the 200 lap race......GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    :roll: If I wanted to see something like that, I'd just get in my car, go to some random suburban neighborhood and keep turning left for three hours.

To whoever wins the race: Wow, congratulations! You can drive around a circular track! I hope you didn't get lost along the way or anything! Of course you didn't, you skilled driver, you, because you are the Supreme Athlete Deluxe, with, um...cheese. w00t.
    That's exactly how I feel about Nascar. Let's watch people do left hand turns at high speeds with a bunch of other cars around them and then let's do that for HOURS :roll:

Thanks Josdin

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

any fantasy nascarers out there. this is my first year, nothing like gettin the boys together for some smack talkin.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

I would be except, I'll be too busy watching the grass grow. :sleepy4:

faninphx is offline Starter

Nascar's ok.

I just don't like it because it's become too commercialized. Plus Dale Jr. fans piss me off. They're the Nascar equivalent of Packer fans.

BTW, how long does that damned pre-race show have to be. Five 1/2 hours is a little too long for a pre-race show. Bon Jovi pisses me off!

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:

That's exactly how I feel about Nascar. Let's watch people do left hand turns at high speeds with a bunch of other cars around them and then let's do that for HOURS :roll:
    Just don't post if you're going to say idiotic stuff like that please. I'm very passionate about NASCAR and don't feel like reading posts with people bashing it and saying driving 15 MPH doing left hand turns is exciting as 43 cars racing 1-2 feet apart at 190 MPH. Yes, they are skilled, more so than you'll ever be skilled at anything. This thread was made in part to celebrate and discuss the biggest event in this sport... not bash the sport... so piss off.

Back on topic, JIMMIE JOHNSON WON!!!! He's the man! I was going nuts at the end. A two lap shoot out with him in the lead... I was scared to death but he pulled it out! YEAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

6-KINGS Guest

I am not much on NASCAR.
    But I do respect what the sport requires to win.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

If they would go the other way just once. :wink:

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    I am not much on NASCAR.
    But I do respect what the sport requires to win.
    That's a great comment 6. People speaking through ignorance makes me sick. Hundreds of people spend a whole week preparing a car for those 3 hour races and for the Daytona 500 they prepare a whole year.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast