Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How long is too long?

Did she give you her phone number, or did you ask for it? If she gave it to you, then any time is a good time to call her.. If you asked for it, wait a little while to call her so she doesn't think you are pushy.. Good luck man..

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Did she give you her phone number, or did you ask for it? If she gave it to you, then any time is a good time to call her.. If you asked for it, wait a little while to call her so she doesn't think you are pushy.. Good luck man..
    I asked for it, but she was all for giving it to me. So wait a little longer, huh?
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

boognish is offline Coordinator

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Call her right now. Leave a message if she doesn't pick up and keep calling on repeat until she answers. If talked to her by 10 tonight, her phone must be broken and you should go to her house. Bring some sliders from White Castle, a box of wine, and wear lots of after shave. Your welcome.
    You really are Tice, aren't you? :grin:
    I am a dipshit!!!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Braddock" wrote:
    I got a girl's phone number Saturday night. I figured I'd give her a call tuesday evening to see if she wanted to hang out sometime later in the week (my 2nd shift work schedule makes it hard to plan social events). Is tuesday too soon to call? too late? keep in mind she doesn't have my number yet and i've only met her once.

Also, should we meet for a lunch before work or meet after midnight on friday night? There isn't much to do late night where we're from, so maybe the lunch?

All tips, ideas are welcome.
    dude..tuesday is perfect..wait too long and she might possibly forget about you..youre leaving her too much time to meet other dudes if you wait longer
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I asked for it, but she was all for giving it to me. So wait a little longer, huh?
    What is it with guys and wanting to wait? I personally don't understand that mentality. If a guy I like asks me for my phone number I don't want to sit around waiting for him to call. I think you should call her as soon as possible and to reiterate what Ltrey said probably should be a weekend night and definitley have something planned. Maybe you could call her tonight and talk to her for a little bit find out what she's interested and then plan something around what she's interested in. Like what her favorite food is, what she likes to do etc. The lunch idea could be fun cause there are a lot of things to do during the day too like have a picnic, go for a bikeride, take a walk around a lake, rollerblading, eat ice cream etc. etc. But first dates are all about being comfortable and doing something you both enjoy. So good luck!!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Prophet Guest

The trick is to really make her think you are patient. Wait for between 1.7 and 2.3 yrs and then track her down and ask her on a date.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    I got a girl's phone number Saturday night. I figured I'd give her a call tuesday evening to see if she wanted to hang out sometime later in the week (my 2nd shift work schedule makes it hard to plan social events). Is tuesday too soon to call? too late? keep in mind she doesn't have my number yet and i've only met her once.

Also, should we meet for a lunch before work or meet after midnight on friday night? There isn't much to do late night where we're from, so maybe the lunch?

All tips, ideas are welcome.
    dude..tuesday is perfect..wait too long and she might possibly forget about you..youre leaving her too much time to meet other dudes if you wait longer
    See, that's what I was thinking. Don't rush it b/c I'll sound pathetic, but make her wait so she may even get frustrated just a tad, producing desire and happiness when I do call, as long as it's not too late. Then it's just pure anger. So that's why i thought tuesday. i'll call her tomorrow. Thanks guys. (even Tice)

"Prophet" wrote:
    The trick is to really make her think you are patient. Wait for between 1.7 and 2.3 yrs and then track her down and ask her on a date.
    lol. Tried that before. Restraining order and 3 trips to jail later, I figured it wasn't quite what I was looking for.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

:grin: :grin: "Braddock" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I think you should call her round 2morrow evening and you should try and get off work early and try and go to some club and enjoy the nightlife! :grin:

Thank you Josdin for the sig

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Here's a question for you guys...

Why do you say you are going to call on a certain day or a certain time, but then you either either wait too long or don't call at all? And I use "you" as in guys in general. I hate that!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast