Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mnviking80 is offline Training Camp

How I spent my summer vacation

I borrowed this from another post I did on another board. Thought some might be interested:
    As the final hours tick away from my summer vacation (I go in tomorrow), here is a month-by-month look at my vacation.
    June:
    Got out a day before everyone else (I begged, bargained, and dealed with teachers to shuffle up my finals schedule) First full week of vacation was busy: Floor Hockey Camp, Drivers Ed, and Orientation for one of my jobs (Assistant team leader at a Community Service program) happenend. This thankfully dropped down to only Drivers Ed for week 2 (I would get my permit later in the month). I also started working another job: Week 1 of 2 as a counselor for a science day camp called Camp Invention, and started my 2-week adventure with XM.

July:
    Took my AirWare down to rural Illinois as we went to visit my grandma for 4th of July, and boy, did I need it! My grandma only had an antenna, and strangely enough, the Spanish channels came in real well (I would be saved by my great aunt and uncle, who not only gave me cable, but also a hot breakfast every morning). Had a week off before doing week 2 of CI (One day, the kids decided to tackle/pigpile me. Quite fun.). Then I went up to Minneapolis for a weekend getaway and also to pick up my cousin Jack, who was flown up from Orlando by his dad. Jack was entertaining, and then I got ready for Community Service. I also went to a rock concert. Met a couple girls, but nothing too serious.

August:
    Did my community service (I did nothing wrong, repeat I am an innocent man! :grin: ), got a temp turtle tatoo that stayed on for 3 weeks, and I got to work with my one of my best friend's little brother and sister (Very cool people!). After the 2 weeks of service was over, I got a couple weeks off, wrote to my friend (Who I hadn't seen in 4 years), and was relaxing until last Saturday. On Saturday, I saw my friend's little brother at an aviation event, and then I saw Tricia (My friend), and we talked for awhile. It was quite fun. My mom actually believed that I used the event as a way to see her (Which I deny!). It all ended up yesterday when Jack got a little brother named Liam.
    That is my summer vacation. Any questions?
    -Andy

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: How I spent my summer vacation

uh?

i'll share too.

June: worked.
    July: worked, went to Lewes Beach for a day. Went to shoot an interview with Will Peterson at the NYgiants camp.
    August: worked. painted walls in the house.
    Sept: still working, but i am drinking madly tonight as i don't have to work tomorrow!

any questions?

Del Rio Guest

June: Worked, played a little.

July: Worked, moved, was irresponsible, began coaching

August: Worked, found out my wife was pregnant refer to July, ate a bologne sandwich to celebrate.

Sept: Working, going to school, no wife no son they are in Illinois.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

vacation??? lucky b@st@rd
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Let's see...vacation? What the hell is that?

June: closed down my business after 10 years of just keeping my head above water. Fished a little.
    July: Cleaned up the building where I used to have a business. Not sure why I did that. Payed off my truck finally and planned to commit suicide after finding out that it is only worth 2,100.00. Reconsidered after I thought about who might get it if I did. Fished a little.
    August: signed the GF's boy up for football and spent most of the time shuttling him back and forth since the GF was working. Still cleaning up building, not sure why. Didnt get to fish any.
    Sept: Picked up my "Officer Friendly" after a night of drinking. Snuck up to the GF's room and played Midnight Marauder. Got up too early and plan to take a nap later. Going to the boy's first football game. Selling off more of my crap, stuff, or junk.
    Any questions?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Work, work, work! Worked during the week defending large corporations against spurious charges made against them...worked on the weekends remodeling my house...worked at night trying to figure out a way to avoid all of the work that I have to do (didn't succeed).

But I did get to take a week and go out to Cali to see the wife's family and to hit the beach...too bad the whole summer wasn't that good!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Work, work, work! Worked during the week defending large corporations against spurious charges made against them...worked on the weekends remodeling my house...worked at night trying to figure out a way to avoid all of the work that I have to do (didn't succeed).

But I did get to take a week and go out to Cali to see the wife's family and to hit the beach...too bad the whole summer wasn't that good!
    All that work, and somehow you manage to have close to 10,000 posts. Simply amazing.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

June- Worked a lot during the early part of the month. During the last week in June went to New York for a week. Soaked in all of the sights, went to Rent and All Shook up on Broadway, and got stuck with a group of girls who went gagga over fake Coach and Louis Vuitton purses in Chinatown.
    July - Went with my church on a mission trip to New Orleans. What a great city. The tragedy unfolding there in the wake of hurricane Katrina is nothing short of disasterous.
    August- WORKED!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

ooh, this is a fun game

June: Worked until the 12th, then just coached baseball two-three hours a day during the week, partied on the weekends

July: until about the 15th I just coached baseball two-three hours a day during the week, partied on the weekends

August: Did nothing until the 28th when I had to go back to school

Come next summer I get to do it all again!! I can't wait!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

June: consultant work, taught summer school

July: summer school, grad school

August: Wisconsin Dells, led leadership institute for kids

All work and no play makes Los a dull boy!!!!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast