Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65
  1. #21
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: How do you say it?

    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Accents are sooooooooo hott when chicks have them!!!


    People make fun of some of the words I say.. Like tight instead of cool.. And other random slang
    But tight IS cool...and I know that every guy here would agree! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #22
    Lotza's Avatar
    Lotza is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: How do you say it?

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    People make fun of my accent all the time. My first year at college a girl from my dorm floor would put me on the phone to talk to her friends so they could her a "real" Minnesota accent. But I like accents so I guess it's kinda cool that I have one!
    :grin:
    Who would ever make fun of your accent? :duh: :lol:
    haha yeah really! :lol:

























    Go vikes!!

  3. #23
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: How do you say it?

    "Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    People make fun of my accent all the time. My first year at college a girl from my dorm floor would put me on the phone to talk to her friends so they could her a "real" Minnesota accent. But I like accents so I guess it's kinda cool that I have one!
    :grin:
    Who would ever make fun of your accent? :duh: :lol:
    haha yeah really! :lol:
    I was talking to WBL. :roll:

  4. #24
    sandviking's Avatar
    sandviking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Tomah, WI
    Posts
    417

    Re: How do you say it?

    I work with a yooper. I will ask him to say falcon, and then get back to you. If it makes you feel better, I have lived in AZ for four years, and I still say "eh" at the end of alot of my sentences (from South Dakota). For example:
    How's it goin, eh?

    I get laughed at alot! The guys I work with say I'm a lighter shade of white. :roll:

    Peace through superior firepower!

  5. #25
    Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: How do you say it?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    Recently I have been made fun of for the way I speak. This is fine with me and it is to be expected since I am from northern Michigan and I am now at Central Michigan.

    I was wondering if I am the only person pronounces falcon as fallcon. Maybe I am, but any other person that does speak up so I don't feel like such a weirdo who doesn't understand the English language.
    I thought that ALL yoopers were weirdos! Just kidding! :lol:

    And that "Escanaba in da Moonlight" was a documentary! Kidding again! :lol:

    Well yes, all Yoppers are weirdos, but I can't help it. We aren't too bad in Iron Moutain, but it gets much worse when you move north into the middle of the U.P., and just for reference, Escanaba in da Moonlight was possibly the worst film I have ever witnessed. I thought it was cool that a movie dealing with the U.P. was made.

    So does this mean that nobody else says it like me?
    So when are we gonna get some new beats and rhymes from "The Yooper Rapper"??? :lol:

    Just Look out for my new hit single "Welcome ta dah deer camp dere eh!"
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

  6. #26
    Lotza's Avatar
    Lotza is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: How do you say it?

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    People make fun of my accent all the time. My first year at college a girl from my dorm floor would put me on the phone to talk to her friends so they could her a "real" Minnesota accent. But I like accents so I guess it's kinda cool that I have one!
    :grin:
    Who would ever make fun of your accent? :duh: :lol:
    haha yeah really! :lol:
    I was talking to WBL. :roll:
    what?


    i dont' get it.

    im confused.


    oh well. :lol:

























    Go vikes!!

  7. #27
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: How do you say it?

    I don't think there is a new jersey accent.


    Is there? Like if you saw someone from let's say.... Arizona, and someone from NJ, would you be able to tell them apart by voice?

  8. #28
    Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: How do you say it?

    The accent I can pick out the fastest is Illinois. There is just something about the way they talk that is just flat out weird.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

  9. #29
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: How do you say it?

    Whelll I think thayyt all y'all up there in them Northern states and such have some steerange accents I tell ya.

  10. #30
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: How do you say it?

    "Bdubya" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    Recently I have been made fun of for the way I speak. This is fine with me and it is to be expected since I am from northern Michigan and I am now at Central Michigan.

    I was wondering if I am the only person pronounces falcon as fallcon. Maybe I am, but any other person that does speak up so I don't feel like such a weirdo who doesn't understand the English language.
    I thought that ALL yoopers were weirdos! Just kidding! :lol:

    And that "Escanaba in da Moonlight" was a documentary! Kidding again! :lol:

    Well yes, all Yoppers are weirdos, but I can't help it. We aren't too bad in Iron Moutain, but it gets much worse when you move north into the middle of the U.P., and just for reference, Escanaba in da Moonlight was possibly the worst film I have ever witnessed. I thought it was cool that a movie dealing with the U.P. was made.

    So does this mean that nobody else says it like me?
    So when are we gonna get some new beats and rhymes from "The Yooper Rapper"??? :lol:

    Just Look out for my new hit single "Welcome ta dah deer camp dere eh!"
    Give us a little taste...a wav file or something! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •