Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

How do you say it?

Recently I have been made fun of for the way I speak. This is fine with me and it is to be expected since I am from northern Michigan and I am now at Central Michigan.

I was wondering if I am the only person pronounces falcon as fallcon. Maybe I am, but any other person that does speak up so I don't feel like such a weirdo who doesn't understand the English language.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: How do you say it?

I pronounce it like "Fal"-(as in pal) "con" (as in convict).

Yup, your a weirdo! :lol:

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Now that's funny ... but I understand. When I moved from central MN to Tampa a few years back nobody could understand what I was saying and I couldn't understand southerners either.

Shoot, my grandparents and sometimes my mother I can't even understand any more with all the thick Scandanavian dialect going on ...

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Nice sig MN thats sick dude!

I get made fun of for the way I talk as well from being on the border of canada. People say i sound like a canadian. I get told this from people south of the Iron Range. Its crazy stuff.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Bdubya" wrote:
    Recently I have been made fun of for the way I speak. This is fine with me and it is to be expected since I am from northern Michigan and I am now at Central Michigan.

I was wondering if I am the only person pronounces falcon as fallcon. Maybe I am, but any other person that does speak up so I don't feel like such a weirdo who doesn't understand the English language.
    I thought that ALL yoopers were weirdos! Just kidding! :lol:

And that "Escanaba in da Moonlight" was a documentary! Kidding again! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:

Well yes, all Yoppers are weirdos, but I can't help it. We aren't too bad in Iron Moutain, but it gets much worse when you move north into the middle of the U.P., and just for reference, Escanaba in da Moonlight was possibly the worst film I have ever witnessed. I thought it was cool that a movie dealing with the U.P. was made.

So does this mean that nobody else says it like me?
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

People make fun of my accent all the time. My first year at college a girl from my dorm floor would put me on the phone to talk to her friends so they could her a "real" Minnesota accent. But I like accents so I guess it's kinda cool that I have one!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

"Bdubya" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:

Well yes, all Yoppers are weirdos, but I can't help it. We aren't too bad in Iron Moutain, but it gets much worse when you move north into the middle of the U.P., and just for reference, Escanaba in da Moonlight was possibly the worst film I have ever witnessed. I thought it was cool that a movie dealing with the U.P. was made.

So does this mean that nobody else says it like me?
    So when are we gonna get some new beats and rhymes from "The Yooper Rapper"??? :lol:

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    People make fun of my accent all the time. My first year at college a girl from my dorm floor would put me on the phone to talk to her friends so they could her a "real" Minnesota accent. But I like accents so I guess it's kinda cool that I have one!
    Where did you go to college, VikeBabe?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast