Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

How Did You Pick Your Football Teams or any team?

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/4418905/how-did-pick-your-football-teams

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Re: How Did You Pick Your Football Teams or any team?

Some of us are born to teams, nurtured in cheers, jerseys and traditions by dads, uncles and older siblings
    That's me. My dad is a huge Vikings and Cubs fan and I just followed that. He's also big on the Celtics but I never got into basketball that much...or apparently teams that actually win championships
    :P
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Formo is offline Team Alumni

I was raised up in MN the majority of my life.
    Even though my dad was a single father, he'd get free tickets from his work once and a while, so my first pro-events I've ever gone to were the Twins and the Vikings.
    Kinda got me started there.
    Then when I moved to Wisconsin, I got drilled a lot and was assumed to be a Vikes fan.
    That started my purple passion.
    From there, I've grown to hate almost all WI teams, (not really the Bucks.. they don't need my hate.
    They have history of suck) and even grown to love rivals of said WI teams (Cubbies).

I've always liked the Bengals as a kid.
    Had to do with their helmet design and I remember riding through Cincy one time with my dad and seeing Paul Brown Stadium with the big Bengal logo on the side.
    They had unique colors/design.
    During the 'Love Boat' year, I followed them pretty big (turned out to be the best year to be a fan of the Stripes since their Super Bowl loss).
    And since then, they've held a special place in my heart.
    Maybe it's because they seem to be the Vikings of the AFC.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings: Moss, Smith, Culpepper, 15-1, Carter

Oilers: Home team, it was a must.
    We're bringing purple back.

I was born in 1972, milton
    florida during the dolphins undefeated season. My dad was stationed there while in the navy. I'm a minnesota boy, and when i was young it was the north stars, vikings and twins. Then i became a modest t-wolves fan thanks to KG. That team was brutal, kg or not. I was fortunate to be in minn. during '87 and '91. Unfortunately, we were moving to oregon the summer of '87, then i graduated HS in oregon, and was in boot camp during the '91 series. I'd love to move out of state, but i'd be bummed that i can't go to many games, and likely none. As for college, i know more people that went to SCSU, so i'm a big husky hockey fan, besides living 4 blocks from campus. Other then that, it's gophers, because scsu only has 1 div. 1 team. I also root for the oregon ducks, because it's a better mascot then the oregon state beavers.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Saw highlights of the 1977 superbowl and was fascinated by the game (first time I had ever seen it) and with Marcus Allen.

There was no coverage other than that in the uk for years ubtil channel 4 starting showing games on a monday night highlight show. I started watching that and got into the sport and deceided to pick a team. Wanted a team that had not won the superbowl so couldn't be accused of being a band wagoneer so plumbed for the Vikings. I also liked the helmet design. Followed them as much as I could withiout internet or regular tv and could very occasionally pick up games on AFRN.

Still purple and still waiting
    ;D
    Purple till i die

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I was born & raised in MN, therefore I am a Vikings & Twins fan. If I watched hockey & basketball, I'd be a Wild & Wolves fan.

I'm not one of those people who hop on board a team from another state because of a player or a winning team or a fan of teams from multiple different states for different sports.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    I was born & raised in MN, therefore I am a Vikings & Twins fan. If I watched hockey & basketball, I'd be a Wild & Wolves fan.

I'm not one of those people who hop on board a team from another state because of a player or a winning team or a fan of teams from multiple different states for different sports.

LOL, must be why you love me so much...

I went to play my first year of organized football for the West Hartford Youth Football League. I was put on the PEE WEE VIKINGS,for my first team. After a short time, I remember my Dad was in his favorite chair watching a NY Giants game on TV
    ( In black and white lol)
    I looked at him and asked, Was there an NFL Vikings Team, He said YES, the Minnesota Vikings, I said that they would be my favorite team then, he almost fell out of that chair....LOL

Baseball= Dodgers
    ( I did follow my dad's foot steps on this one).

Basketball= CELTICS

Hockey= Used to be the Whalers, till they moved to NC, now I don't follow hockey at all...

NASCAR=

Always have been a big Mark Martin Fan

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I grew up in Southern Minnesota, and the memories of Viking football on Sundays, owning Viking beanies, socks, sweaters, jackets, glove's, and of course jerseys, and t-shirts. My childhood hero was Joe Kapp, so that ages me some, but I have been a fan since the 69-70 season where we suffered our first SB defeat to the Chiefs. Witnessed all the good, bad, and the impossible, and am still unwavering in my love of Viking Football.

I've moved around this great country and now reside in Texas, but I bring my Viking fandome where ever I go.

Whatever your reason for being a Viking fan.. SKOL Brothers, and Sisters. 8)

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

Geographical convenience. Blue Bombers play in my home city, Vikings are the closest NFL Team. High school team was also called the vikings, so i always used the Minnesota vikings in madden

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast