Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How did you meet your significant other?

Looking for the person

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I met my now wife on a Yahoo chat room the beginning January 2000. I always thought chat rooms were stupid, but I was bored that night so decided to go on. We started just talking online at first and then the phone calls started, and we would probably talk on the phone for about 8 hours a night on the weekends(spend $1500 on prepaid phone cards). Finally in August if 2000 she flew out to North Dakota to see me. I flew back to WV 2 weeks later to see her. In December of 2000 I moved to WV to be closer to her. To save time, in April we've been married 5 years, and we had little girl July of 2005.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Well I think most of you know by now that I met my significant other, NeumDog here on purplepride. But here is the whole story..........
    Neum had an extra ticket for a Wild game because Webby couldn't go with him (they are best friends). He was trying to find someone to go with him and knowing that I was a Wild fan as well Webby said "Hey you should ask WBLVikeBabe" so he sent me a PM and asked if I was interested. at first I was like yea of course, but then I was like ok I don't even know this guy, because as most of you know NeumDog doesn't really post a lot. Well I ended up going to the Wild game and 8 months later we are still together. Have to say I just thought of this too, he is the longest relationship I've been in. My last was just before the 8 month mark, and Neum and I have been together for exactly 8 months. We've had many memorable and fun times together, and hopefully many more fun times to come. So I guess thanks Webby and thanks purplepride because otherwise I never would have met NeumDog!!!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Well i'm a little young to have found my significant other... but yeah still waiting and not expecting to have a wife in the near future. :lol:

Great stories though. GO CANES!

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

I found mine deflated in aisle number five of our local "adult" store.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Haven't met her yet. At least that's what the fortune teller in Nashville told me.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    :shock: So you're living in sin! :grin:
    Don't lie...you wish you were living in sin with Jing-Jing right now!!! :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Uh-Oh.. I hear ned coming, singer and cajun... better watch out. Sounds like he has his boots on.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I met my wife in an interview...she was interviewing for a job at the company that I worked for and she was the last interview scheduled. Me and several of my co-managers sat in on the interview conducted by my boss (truth be told, we were all waiting because he had promised to take us all to Hooters for wings and beer) :lol: Once the interview was over, my boss decided on the spot to hire her...but he hadn't decided which location she would work at. Anyway, she started working at a different location than the one that I managed (this was way before I went to law school), which was fortunate, because I had a standing rule that I would never date anyone that worked for me. We flirted on the phone for awhile and when I saw my opportunity to move in, I did. She was moving from her condo to another place, so I offered myself and my truck to help. A woman can never resist a man in a truck, so after my THIRD offer (yeah, my wife is originally from Minnesota and I know all about the Minnesota tradition of refusing until someone asks three times), she accepted my help. As it turned out, her brothers didn't show up to help her, so I was a hero of sorts...after we finished moving everything, we decided to go out for Mexican food. After dinner, I ended up kissing her goodnight and the chase was on. I kept pursuing her until she gave in and consented to be my steady girlfriend. Then, after 14 years of persistently wearing her resistance down, she finally married me! One year later, we are still in love...and looking forward to the rest of our lives together!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I met my wife in an interview...she was interviewing for a job at the company that I worked for and she was the last interview scheduled. Me and several of my co-managers sat in on the interview conducted by my boss (truth be told, we were all waiting because he had promised to take us all to Hooters for wings and beer) :lol: Once the interview was over, my boss decided on the spot to hire her...but he hadn't decided which location she would work at. Anyway, she started working at a different location than the one that I managed (this was way before I went to law school), which was fortunate, because I had a standing rule that I would never date anyone that worked for me. We flirted on the phone for awhile and when I saw my opportunity to move in, I did. She was moving from her condo to another place, so I offered myself and my truck to help. A woman can never resist a man in a truck, so after my THIRD offer (yeah, my wife is originally from Minnesota and I know all about the Minnesota tradition of refusing until someone asks three times), she accepted my help. As it turned out, her brothers didn't show up to help her, so I was a hero of sorts...after we finished moving everything, we decided to go out for Mexican food. After dinner, I ended up kissing her goodnight and the chase was on. I kept pursuing her until she gave in and consented to be my steady girlfriend. Then, after 14 years of persistently wearing her resistance down, she finally married me! One year later, we are still in love...and looking forward to the rest of our lives together!
    Wow, that's a nice story Cajun.

When I saw your post, I was actually expecting a "divide & conquer" story.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast