Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

How did you meet your significant other?

So Ned and Singer have probably 2 of the most amazing stories I've ever heard, but I'm sure some of you out there have interesting stories of how you met your better half!

Lance and I actually met on a message board (no it wasn't this one) we talked for quite a while before we met. Actually when we first started talking football he thought I was a guy because I knew my stuff. So after about 6 months of talking on the phone and online, I took the first step and came to Chicago. We broke up for a while because the long distance thing got to be too much for me to handle. After a couple months of living the single life again and doing the dating scene, I realized that he was the one that I wanted after all. And here I am, living in Chicago, not actually engaged yet, but we both know it will happen (when the money isn't so tight and he can get my ring:lol.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: How did you meet your significant other?

:shock: So you're living in sin! :grin:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Here's mine;

See thread

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    :shock: So you're living in sin! :grin:
    That I am :twisted:

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I was actually a Food Service delivery driver at the time.. It was in August of 2001, and I was delivering to a nursing home on my route.. These 2 girls that worked in the kitchen were always excited when I came in with my first cart full of food products.. So one day, I was delivering and 1 of the girls asked me what nationality I was.. I told her I was Italian, and she looks at the other girl and said see, I told you he is Italian..

The girl said, we have a $20 bet on what you were.. I said good, now the winner can take me out to dinner.. She said actually, the loser wants you to take her out to dinner.. So I said sure.. The first time we went out, I had plans of dinner and a movie. She ended up talking to one of her friends the whole time we were at the restraunt. I thought, I had enough of this. I wasn't planning on taking her out again, but after a few weeks of delivering, she finally asked me why I hadn't called her. I said it was pretty rude what she did, and she apologized and said that she had never had a boyfriend before, and didn't know how to act..

So we went out again, and to make a long story short.. We have been together for 5 years now, engaged for going on 3 years, and will be married next June.. We have lived together for 4 years, and plan on living the rest of our lives together..

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

My wife cleaned my teeth in a dental office. I was her last patient before lunch and invited her out for lunch. In August we'll have been married 42 years.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

I work at Wal-Mart. At the time I was working in Lawn and Garden and my wife, not my wife at the time of course, was running the register at the time. I asked her out on a date. After dating a few times I asked her to be my girlfriend through hang man. She was nervous and when she figured out it said will you be my girfriend she walked away and didn't say anything. So we talked for awhile then I asked her what her answer was and she said maybe.

WHAT. Oh well we will celebrate one year of marriage august 6th so it worked out alright.
    We can solve poverty today.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I met Mrs. Shock at a bar in the Twin Cities called The Bebop Cafe. She actually didn't like me the first two months we were dating. She tried to dump me three or four times, but I never got the hint. Finally, when the checks I was sending her started clearing my account, she warmed up to me! :lol:

Seriously though, just ask her, she really didn't like me for the first couple of months. She thought I was too cocky and arrogant, pretty SURE of myself. Her friend laughed in my face when I told her I was going to marry the Mrs. someday.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

"shockzilla" wrote:
    I met Mrs. Shock at a bar in the Twin Cities called The Bebop Cafe. She actually didn't like me the first two months we were dating. She tried to dump me three or four times, but I never got the hint. Finally, when the checks I was sending her started clearing my account, she warmed up to me! :lol:

Seriously though, just ask her, she really didn't like me for the first couple of months. She thought I was too cocky and arrogant, pretty SURE of myself. Her friend laughed in my face when I told her I was going to marry the Mrs. someday.
    Who is that Shock you speak of?

I've never seen that side of you.

But to tell her friend you were going to marry the Mrs. when she didn't like you that much was a little cocky.................

But you were right! :wink:

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

I met The Wife at the company at which we both worked back in '97.

Dating almost 9 years, married almost 7.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast