BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

How bored can you get?????

Man Rides Stationary Bike for 85 Hours

BURR RIDGE, Ill. - George Hood may have peddled his way into the Guinness Book of World Records on Saturday night.

The 49-year-old Aurora resident began riding a stationary bike at the Five Seasons Sports Club in Burr Ridge at 4 a.m. Wednesday and surpassed the previous record of 82 hours by 8:28 p.m. Saturday. He stopped several minutes before midnight after completing his goal of 85 hours.

"He's very grateful _ and very tired," said Matt Baron, a spokesman for Five Seasons.

Baron said Hood was talking and thanking his supporters right up to the end, but was taken by paramedics to a hospital as a precaution after he got off the bike.

"He'll be under observation for a while, and they're going to administer fluids," Baron said.

The record of 82 hours was set last year by Brian Overkaer of Denmark.

Getting Hood's accomplishment into Guinness Book may take several weeks as officials need to certify it, Baron said.

As Hood neared the 82nd hour _ and spun more than 1,000 miles _ he sped up.

The Drug Enforcement Administration supervisor and 23-year federal law enforcement veteran had been averaging 12.7 mph. Coming down the final stretch, he cycled at 13.5 mph.

About 200 people gathered at the club to cheer him on.

Hood hoped the feat would help raise thousands of dollars for the Illinois chapter of COPS, an organization that helps the families of slain police officers. Illinois COPS president Jennifer Morales has said Hood could be the largest single fundraiser the local group has had.

Baron said Hood raised $25,000 for the group _ $5,000 more than his goal.

Hood took a few brief power naps along the way. Guinness Book rules allow a five-minute break for every completed hour of cycling.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2007/01/14/ap/strange/d8mktctg0.txt

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Re: How bored can you get?????

Wow 85 hours....

I am lucky to make it 5 minutes.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Was he allowed to combine his breaks?
    I would hope so, because it would be a heck of a lot of pressure to perform in the restroom in five minutes flat.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I remember the one he beat. Brian Overkaer from Denmark as it says in the artikle.

He set it just last year, and it were all over the news. In fact he were riding the bike in a news studio, and they were live on him two times a day.

It looked pretty tough.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Was he allowed to combine his breaks?
    I would hope so, because it would be a heck of a lot of pressure to perform in the restroom in five minutes flat.
    -He probably didn't want to. I took a decent distance bike trip with my friend a couple of years ago. We were on our way back and probably had been biking for a little over an hour when we decided to pull over and take a piss in the bushes. Nobody told us that bike seats, for the most part, cut off circulation to your jewels. Anyway, it was the definition of pissing razor blades. Me and my friend were screaming on the side of the road so loud some lady ran outside on to her porch to see what was wrong.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I don't remember the exact rules. But when it were on TV here there were something about being able to get of for 15 min. every 8 hours.

That is if I remember correctly.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I would never even think of doing that, and I am as bored as you can get right now.. 5 weeks ago I dropped a full 180lb 1/2 barrel of beer on my foot from 3 feet in the air.. I literally crushed my foot, and go to the Dr's office once a week, and physical therapy 3 times a week.. I am so dam bored right now.. I can't see how someone can like being unemployed, and sitting home all day every day..

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

well this guy has been on his ass for 3 years fighting and insurance company over workman's compensation I find myself to beyond bored to the point of lining my walls with mattresses and and getting a funny jacket with no sleeves. I cant express this enough
    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Does he have the record for sorest @$$ too?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!