Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
  1. #1
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Hope all is well with our North Dakota PPO'ers

    Man seein and reading about having to deal with the floods and the weather on top of that. I hope that all of our ND group and their families are doing OK?
    Sending out positives thoughts to all!

  2. #2
    NodakVike's Avatar
    NodakVike is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    47

    Re: Hope all is well with our North Dakota PPO'ers


    Its getting bad really bad! We are in one hell of a fight again! Anyone in the area that is able to help get out there! We had 10 inchs of snow last night and two days of rain before that. I should have some pictures Monday. Have to help my grandparents sandbag at the farm. Take care..

  3. #3
    thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    694

    Re: Hope all is well with our North Dakota PPO'ers

    yup all you up there in ND and your families stay safe! hope you're able to recover through this without too much damage!

    thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

    and yes... that just happened!

  4. #4
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Hope all is well with our North Dakota PPO'ers

    Thanks for the kind words

    My area is doing ok so far.. Nothing major what so ever

    Just got done working at home depot, I usually get off at Midnight, it's 2:15 now

    We've been selling generators sump pumps and drain plugs by the truck all around the clock before they even get in


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    124

    Re: Hope all is well with our North Dakota PPO'ers

    "Garland" wrote:
    Man seein and reading about having to deal with the floods and the weather on top of that. I hope that all of our ND group and their families are doing OK?
    Sending out positives thoughts to all!

    We saw some scenes where street signs were submerged and helicopters coming in to assist.

    Our family is definitely focused on positive energy for all those overcoming these issues.
    "There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle. ~ Albert Einstein

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hope all is well with our North Dakota PPO'ers

    Here are some pics of the ongoing fight...

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/36637752@N07/

    We had built a lot of dikes up to 42', but yesterday the crest prediction was raised so the metro govt's are going back in and building them up an extra foot.

    Lots of overland flooding in the south part of Fargo/Moorhead.
    All schools in Fargo and Moorhead are closed, with 8th graders and up being told to report for sandbaggin.
    West Fargo is still relatively safe, but the Sheyenne River is already over its backs and into the diversion.

    If the Red River crests as high as they are predicting, it will be the highest water level ever in the recorded history of Fargo...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Hope all is well with our North Dakota PPO'ers

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Here are some pics of the ongoing fight...

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/36637752@N07/

    We had built a lot of dikes up to 42', but yesterday the crest prediction was raised so the metro govt's are going back in and building them up an extra foot.

    Lots of overland flooding in the south part of Fargo/Moorhead.
    All schools in Fargo and Moorhead are closed, with 8th graders and up being told to report for sandbaggin.
    West Fargo is still relatively safe, but the Sheyenne River is already over its backs and into the diversion.

    If the Red River crests as high as they are predicting, it will be the highest water level ever in the recorded history of Fargo...
    Thanks for sharing the pics Nodak. Take care and I hope things end well.

  8. #8
    Barack Obama's Avatar
    Barack Obama is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    185

    Re: Hope all is well with our North Dakota PPO'ers

    I hope the Sioux Loooooose!!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,561

    Re: Hope all is well with our North Dakota PPO'ers

    Good luck up there NoDakers.
    Flew in to Fargo on my way to Lake of the Woods this Summer.
    That is a very, very flat area.
    My Dad grew up near there and remembers helping in situations previously.
    He said this year could be the worst ever.
    The people of SoDak, Minn, and NoDak, probably Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin are pitching in.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with y'all from Delaware.
    Good luck folks.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hope all is well with our North Dakota PPO'ers

    The Nat'l weather Service just announced a new crest prediction - 43 feet, which is 1 to 2 feet higher then we are prepared for.
    Our dikes are not high enough to withstand that.
    Neighborhoods in the south parts of Fargo/Moorhead are already starting to evacuate. I will be heading back out to help build dikes as soon as the wife gets home.
    Bad news...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Survivor: North Dakota
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 10:09 PM
  2. hey from north dakota!!!
    By vikes_4_life_42 in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 11:13 AM
  3. The Pride of North Dakota!
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 01:47 PM
  4. On the NFL: From Alaska to NFL via North Dakota?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 06:07 PM
  5. The Pride of North Dakota
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-09-2005, 06:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •