Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Homework Help

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Homework Help

I picked to do an essay on the mayo brothers and their effect on Rochester today. Also the essay isn't due tuesday but wenesday. Also I have all day to work on it tomorrow.
    I wish I had more time to work on it though I just was assigned this speech on Friday and I was the last one to pick the day to present. I almost could've picked January 24th if i wanted too

Formerly Viking24

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ViKing24" wrote:
    I picked to do an essay on the mayo brothers and their effect on Rochester today. Also the essay isn't due tuesday but wenesday. Also I have all day to work on it tomorrow.
    I wish I had more time to work on it though I just was assigned this speech on Friday and I was the last one to pick the day to present. I almost could've picked January 24th if i wanted too
    Good choice!
    I trust you've been to the Mayo museum? If not, it might be worth it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ya I have been there as well as Charley Mayo's house.

Formerly Viking24

Here is my speech
    I need feedback

Leonardo Da Vinci

The renaissance was a period of
    history of the revival of the arts and literature as well as learning were at the center of culture. It was also in that period that one of the greatest philosophers of all time was born. Leonardo Da Vinci was his name he was born in 1452 near the town of Vinci (Near Florence) to Ser Piero Da Vinci. His keen artistic talents were not the only skills he had .However you may not know that Leonardo possessed a variety of skills in not only the arts but in engineering, architecture, astronomy, anatomy, mathematics, science, and a visionary of inventions that no one would have ever thought to be imaginable during his time but Leonardo did.
    First of all to understand Leonardo you must understand his childhood and his dedication to his work. Leonardo was born with 12 brothers and sisters as you can imagine this made him very independent. Like many people of his age during the renaissance Leonardo’s love for art was first sparked by the beautiful art he saw on the streets near his hometown of Florence the center of the renaissance. This eventually lead to his father seeing he is great talent and enrolling him into a craft guild as an apprentice to Andrea del Verrocchio a leading master and teacher of the arts.
    After 10 years at the guild he started doing his own work independently at the age of 26. During the years he worked independently selling his paintings off the street he searched for a job among one of the country’s aristocrats. He finally was recognized by a Duke of Milan named Lodovico Sforza who was a very rich man indeed. During his time there he didn’t only do painting or sculptures but he also was a military advisor who actually devised inventions like a movable bridge and catapult as well as even weapons which were actually used for warfare. However many of the sketches of inventions in his notebook like a tank transported by horses, a submarine, weapons, and even a aerial screw which was very similar to a helicopter and much more. However many of these inventions were never made in his time but hundreds of years later IBM actually reproduced some of his inventions featured in his notebook.
    Many of the notes he took he actually wrote backwards the technique is called mirror writing. He would hold a mirror glass to the text he was reading and then you would read it off the mirror for then it would be more legible. This technique was used to prevent others from stealing his idea’s. He used this technique throughout his lifetime in his notebook and his diary.
    During his time with Sforza in 1495 and in 1498 he finished one of his most famous paintings “The Last Supper” which has inspired many paintings as well as even books and even movies today. After his long 18 years of work for Sforza who was imprisoned and later died at the hands of the French Leonardo returned to his hometown of Florence in 1500. It is there that he does many jobs for the aristocrats in the area
    in which he makes paintings and sculptures for them. In one of these paintings he draws a painting of the wife of a wealthy Florentine businessman named Francesco del Giocondo. That painting he drew later became to be known as Leonardo Da Vinci’s most famous paintings known as The Mona Lisa.
    After many years of painting Leonardo went back to Milan where he studies and draws the human body by dissecting 30 male and female bodies he drew as well as many animals. His accurate drawings actually inspired a british surgeon to pioneer a new way to repair damaged hearts in 2005 according to the BBC News Online. He not only drew the anatomy of each part of a human being but he also studied the fuctions of each part. This eventually lead to a book published 160 years after his death.
    Leonardo Finally settles down in the city of Rome where he eventually he paints marvelous paintings in the Sistine chapel. He eventually dies in 1519 at the age of 67. Even though Leonardo has died almost 500 years ago his
    his curiosity for life and the world around him transcend into today. For after all curiosity is the force that motivated him to do aspire to be the best person he can be. Furthermore with that being said I hope story motivates inspires everyone of us you and me alike to be the best we can be. Thankyou!

Formerly Viking24

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

You need to work on your sentence structure and verb tenses for a start.
    If I get motivated, I might rewrite your speech for you...check back later and see if I have posted a rewrite.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah work on your sentence structure, verb tenses and work on placing punctuation in the right places. It's a start but it's still pretty shaky at some crucial points and needs some work.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    If I get motivated, I might rewrite your speech for you...check back later and see if I have posted a rewrite.
    Cajun if you do that, your the man.

Thats very nice of you.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    that was the core of my conclusion too....I will let the expert attorney weave the figurative tongue....

yes, I left that open for Cajun.
    SKOL!
    lol

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"ViKing24" wrote:
    Here is my speech
    I need feedback

Leonardo Da Vinci

The renaissance was a period of
    history of the revival of the arts and literature as well as learning were at the center of culture. It was also in that period that one of the greatest philosophers of all time was born. Leonardo Da Vinci was his name he was born in 1452 near the town of Vinci (Near Florence) to Ser Piero Da Vinci. His keen artistic talents were not the only skills he had .However you may not know that Leonardo possessed a variety of skills in not only the arts but in engineering, architecture, astronomy, anatomy, mathematics, science, and a visionary of inventions that no one would have ever thought to be imaginable during his time but Leonardo did.
    First of all to understand Leonardo you must understand his childhood and his dedication to his work. Leonardo was born with 12 brothers and sisters as you can imagine this made him very independent. Like many people of his age during the renaissance Leonardo’s love for art was first sparked by the beautiful art he saw on the streets near his hometown of Florence the center of the renaissance. This eventually lead to his father seeing he is great talent and enrolling him into a craft guild as an apprentice to Andrea del Verrocchio a leading master and teacher of the arts.
    After 10 years at the guild he started doing his own work independently at the age of 26. During the years he worked independently selling his paintings off the street he searched for a job among one of the country’s aristocrats. He finally was recognized by a Duke of Milan named Lodovico Sforza who was a very rich man indeed. During his time there he didn’t only do painting or sculptures but he also was a military advisor who actually devised inventions like a movable bridge and catapult as well as even weapons which were actually used for warfare. However many of the sketches of inventions in his notebook like a tank transported by horses, a submarine, weapons, and even a aerial screw which was very similar to a helicopter and much more. However many of these inventions were never made in his time but hundreds of years later IBM actually reproduced some of his inventions featured in his notebook.
    Many of the notes he took he actually wrote backwards the technique is called mirror writing. He would hold a mirror glass to the text he was reading and then you would read it off the mirror for then it would be more legible. This technique was used to prevent others from stealing his idea’s. He used this technique throughout his lifetime in his notebook and his diary.
    During his time with Sforza in 1495 and in 1498 he finished one of his most famous paintings “The Last Supper” which has inspired many paintings as well as even books and even movies today. After his long 18 years of work for Sforza who was imprisoned and later died at the hands of the French Leonardo returned to his hometown of Florence in 1500. It is there that he does many jobs for the aristocrats in the area
    in which he makes paintings and sculptures for them. In one of these paintings he draws a painting of the wife of a wealthy Florentine businessman named Francesco del Giocondo. That painting he drew later became to be known as Leonardo Da Vinci’s most famous paintings known as The Mona Lisa.
    After many years of painting Leonardo went back to Milan where he studies and draws the human body by dissecting 30 male and female bodies he drew as well as many animals. His accurate drawings actually inspired a british surgeon to pioneer a new way to repair damaged hearts in 2005 according to the BBC News Online. He not only drew the anatomy of each part of a human being but he also studied the fuctions of each part. This eventually lead to a book published 160 years after his death.
    Leonardo Finally settles down in the city of Rome where he eventually he paints marvelous paintings in the Sistine chapel. He eventually dies in 1519 at the age of 67. Even though Leonardo has died almost 500 years ago his
    his curiosity for life and the world around him transcend into today. For after all curiosity is the force that motivated him to do aspire to be the best person he can be. Furthermore with that being said I hope story motivates inspires everyone of us you and me alike to be the best we can be. Thankyou!

I really liked him in the Departed, but My wife thought he was better in Titanic

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

There you go...tell me what you think!

Leonardo Da Vinci

The Renaissance was a period in history (that immediately followed the Dark Ages) where the revival of literature, learning and the arts florished -- and eventually became the hallmark of the cultural development of that era.
    It was in that period that one of the greatest philosophers of all time, Leonardo da Vinci, lived.
    He was born in 1452 near the town of Vinci (located close to Florence) to Ser Piero da Vinci.
    It soon became apparent to those around him that he possessed keen artistic talent.
    In addition,
    Leonardo displayed a variety of skills that eventually manifested themselves in the doctrines of engineering, architecture, astronomy, anatomy, mathematics and science -- while showing a vivid imagination that resulted in the production of the documentation and creation of inventions that no one would have ever thought to be imaginable during his time.

To understand Leonardo, however, you must understand his childhood and how he developed his almost fanatical dedication to his work. Leonardo was born with 12 brothers and sisters, which made him very independent, due to the fact that he had to share in his parents' attentions with the rest of his siblings. Like many people of his day and age, Leonardo’s love for art was first sparked by the beautiful art he saw on the streets near his hometown of Florence, the center of the Renaissance in Italy.
    Once his father recognized Leonardo's great artistic talent, he enrolled him into a craft guild as an apprentice to Andrea del Verrocchio, a leading master and teacher of the arts.
    After 10 years at the guild, at the age of 26, he started doing his own work independently. During the years he worked independently selling his paintings off the street, he also searched for a patron from among one of the country’s aristocrats.
    His work was finally recognized by a duke in Milan named Lodovico Sforza, who was a very rich man indeed.

During his 18 years with Sforza, he not only did painting and sculptures but was also a military advisor who devised inventions which were used in actual warfare, such as a movable bridge and the catapult.
    Other inventions that were sketched in his notebooks, such as a tank transported by horses, a submarine -- even a aerial screw which was very similar to a helicopter -- were never made in his time but the plans documenting them have survived to this day.
    Hundreds of years later, IBM actually reproduced some of these inventions featured in his notebook for all the world to see.
    Many of the notes he took detailing these inventions were actually written backwards in a technique called mirror writing, a technique that he used to prevent others from stealing his ideas.
    To read his writings at a later date, he would hold a mirror glass to the text he was reading to make his writings understandable to him.
    He used this technique throughout his lifetime in his notebook and his diary.
    During his time with Sforza (from 1495 to 1498), he began and completed one of his most famous paintings, “The Last Supper”, which inspired many paintings by subsequent artists, as well books and movies to the present day.

In 1500, after he was done working for Sforza (who was ultimately imprisoned and later died at the hands of the French), Leonardo returned to his hometown of Florence.
    Once there, he set about creating many paintings and sculptures for the aristocrats in the area.
    It was one of those paintings (the wife of a wealthy Florentine businessman named Francesco del Giocondo) which later came to be known as "The Mona Lisa", Leonardo Da Vinci’s most famous painting.
    After many years of painting in Florence, Leonardo went back to Milan, where he studied the human body by dissecting thirty male and female bodies as well as the bodies of many animals.
    He not only drew the anatomy of each part of a human being but he also studied the fuctions of each part, which eventually lead to a book covering this subject matter which was published 160 years after his death.
    His accurate drawings that resulted from this study have had a profound effect on medical study into the present day and age.
    In 2005, (according to the BBC News Online), Leonardo's drawings inspired a British surgeon to pioneer a new way to repair damaged hearts.

Eventually, Leonardo made his way to the city of Rome where he created many of the marvelous paintings that grace the Sistine Chapel, continuing to produce masterpieces until his death in 1519 at the age of 67.
    Even though Leonardo da Vinci died almost 500 years ago, many of the physical manifestations of his curiosity for life and the world around him persist today.
    It was that inate curiosity and will to create which was the driving force that motivated him to aspire to be the best person he could be.
    I hope that his story motivates and inspires everyone of us to be the best we can be as well.

Thank You...Thank You Vrry Much! (in an Elvis impersonation voice)
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast