purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Homeless in Eagan

Ok guys let me get one thing straight 1st before I say what I have to say. I understand some people are disabled or have issues that prevent them from getting jobs and have to ask other people for help. I am truly sad for these people as they have no homes and must live on the street. Heres the thing however that is really starting to bother me. I live in Eagan Minnesota, its a smaller sub town south of St.Paul. In these past two months homeless people have been sprouting up all over the area on our street corners. Its crazy. And its not different ones its always the same guys at the same corners. I honestly at 1st was like ok " ok thats too bad, hers a buck" but now its just getting out of hand. So today after driving to get my mid morning coffee they where again out at the street corners everywhere. I decided in my opinion that this looked bad on the city having this happen so I decided to call the police deparment and express my distaste about the way I felt this make the city look. The police dept told me there was nothing they could do because it is legal for these people to do this if they choose. I find this hard to believe I honestly do. But they say they are breaking no laws. She actually told me if I wanted something done I need to go to a city hall meeting and address the issue with the board members, can you believe that. Anyways I just wanted to vent a little about this because I feel it truly is a issue that is making the city I live in look like crap. Does anyone else know anything that can be done or would someone really need to actually address this with the city board members...

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Homeless in Eagan

You need to address it with the city board members. But instead of b!tching about it why don't you help get the ball rolling on starting a homeless shelter?
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Also if their isn't one already, work on getting a food pantry for the homeless started.

boognish is offline Coordinator

Sorry the poor people are inconveniencing you with their presence. They'll all be rounded up and put into camps. I hope it didn't affect your enjoyment of that Grande Double Frappe Latte.

On a positive note, there are no homeless in Oz so while you're accompanying the Tin-Man there to find a heart of your own you won't have to be bothered by them.

Have a good trip.
    I am a dipshit!!!

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah you're right. They should all just go home.

Wait a sec...

What exactly did you expect the police to do? Round em all up and dump em outside the city?

Thanks PPE for the sig.

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

I don't even know how to reply to this.

You sicken me.

MplsViking is offline Starter

okay this is getting a little out of hand...

nativeloveris is offline Waterboy

Okay I can sort of see where you are coming from in a + and a - way. So here it goes. I live in Reno, Nv where it is a problem. Yes I do get the clue they have no homes, but some people are doing it just to do it. In some cruel peoples opinion it is free money. Or why should they help themselves when everyone else is doing for them? Why work hard for a paycheck when you can stand at the local grocery store and get cash? These People do exist, taking away from the ones who are really in need of the money. I did an article in my high school newspaper about this once because they were always hanging out at the schools when the kids would get out of classes. A guy did tell me that the reason that he stook around the schools is because he figured that if the parents were good people they would "help" him in the eyes of their children.

In my opinion go to your town meetings and become a part in trying to help those who really need help, with shealters and kitchens, and even go ass far as temporary job placement with companies.
    I Have Toes!!! It s Okay I m doctor, God said so.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"PurpleAndy" wrote:
    I don't even know how to reply to this.

You sicken me.
    Judge not, lest ye be judged.

He was only giving his thoughts on the subject. Whether or not you disagree with him gives you NO right to say what you said in this forum. If you disagree with him, let him know in a PM, not where everyone else can read it.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla