Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Hollywood comes to my block?

So I get home yesterday to a pice of paper that has been taped to my door. The letter reads at top in Bold letters "A serious man" My immediate thought is Oh great some ad for a dating service. However below it it reads Big Minyan films, LLC. So of course my interest is peaked. The letter staes that they are looking for houses in the are for a new Coen brothers film called "A serious man" and our house at least from teh outside looks like what they might be looking for and they would like to come and look at the inside to take some pictures, along with a name and number to call if we are interested, So I call and leave a message. Thinking what they atre just randomly driving around looking for houses.

Fast forward to today There is Another letter piece of paper on our door. This time from teh city of Bloomington for a notice of public hearing. The same film company Big Minyan has filed a permit to begin filming on our block in September for a new movie.
    Not any sooner do I get home and read the letter
    then i get a call from the lady listed on the first paper saying that she would like to come out and take pictures of the house.
    Now of course I doubt that our house will get chosen but I think its kind of cool that pending the outcome of hearing that they will actually be filming a Hollywood movie right on our block.

Here is the link to what i found out about he movie.

IMDB
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1019452/

Older star trib article
    http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/movies/11525326.html

I will keep people updated if this will go or not.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re: Hollywood comes to my block?

That's pretty cool if your house makes it in the movie, I think you would also get expenses from the film company too.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i am sure you can smooze around on the set and hit on the wannabe stars that dont have a big role. also i have heard that the food is good.
    We're bringing purple back.

My guess is that we will not get to see a whole lot of anything, But you never know.

Well the city counsel approved the permit so it looks like its a go. Theuy will be filming about 5 houses down from mine.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"Garland" wrote:
    Well the city counsel approved the permit so it looks like its a go. Theuy will be filming about 5 houses down from mine.
    So your house wasn't chosen? to bad. I love the Coen Brothers movies. I cannot wait to see this. I bet that if you stuck around you may be used as an extra? that would be kinda cool if you did. Were are you located? Not street or anything just like city

BTW is this you?
    A_guy_named_brian

Yeah that would be me and I am in Bloomington. As far as the outside goes, They will not use my house but they are still looking at insides of house. I doubt they will but I hear what they were paying out for te houses that were and I wish I was. We could use the Money right now.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

They page HUGE money for the use of houses. And sometimes they rent houses out to actors in the movies to stay in while the filming is being done. I know of houses in Moab where I used to live where they did filming and paid up to $500 a night for the use of the house and $1000 a day for using the house for filming.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    They page HUGE money for the use of houses. And sometimes they rent houses out to actors in the movies to stay in while the filming is being done. I know of houses in Moab where I used to live where they did filming and paid up to $500 a night for the use of the house and $1000 a day for using the house for filming.
    Moab, Utah?

Oh and I found that the movie is about the Coens childhood and growing up etc... at least that is what i have heard about it.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"erik5032" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Moab, Utah?

Oh and I found that the movie is about the Coens childhood and growing up etc... at least that is what i have heard about it.
    Yup, Moab, Utah. I lived there for 12 years.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast