Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HOF Protesters

Prophet Guest

HOF Protesters

Kiss fans protest outside Rock Hall
    Saturday, August 5, 2006; Posted: 11:19 p.m. EDT (03:19 GMT)

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- About 200 Kiss fans protested in front of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum to demand that the band be inducted into the hall...

Fans dressed as Kiss band members protest outside the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Saturday.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: HOF Protesters

:roll: Personally I never liked Kiss. I guess their music never made a difference because I can't even remember one of their songs. :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

KISS doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. They were and are a complete gimmick with no actual musical talent.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    KISS doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. They were and are a complete gimmick with no actual musical talent.
    That's probably because you weren't alive during the '70's when they were popular. You heard them about 20 years later.

I liked them back then, but lost interest in them in the 80's after their solo albumns (those were records, about 14" discs, for all you younguns).

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    That's probably because you weren't alive during the '70's when they were popular. You heard them about 20 years later.

I liked them bavk then, but lost interest in them in the 80's after their solo albumns (those were records, about 14" discs, for all you younguns).
    Sure they were somewhat popular but that doesn't mean they were that great of a band. If they never wore the stupid clothes they never would have been remembered. I can't name a single hit kiss song off the top of my head. Inducted into this years class was Black Sabbath. If you want to be in the Rock and Roll HOF, you have to be as talented and as good as the other bands in your class. Last time I checked, KISS doesn't have shit on Sabbath or Ozzy alone... even Zakk Wylde alone.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

They can't go in since they performed for awhile without makeup.

"singersp" wrote:

I liked them bavk then, but lost interest in them in the 80's after their solo albumns (those were records, about 14" discs, for all you younguns).
    Sure they were somewhat popular but that doesn't mean they were that great of a band. If they never wore the stupid clothes they never would have been remembered. I can't name a single hit kiss song off the top of my head. Inducted into this years class was Black Sabbath. If you want to be in the Rock and Roll HOF, you have to be as talented and as good as the other bands in your class. Last time I checked, KISS doesn't have pooh on Sabbath or Ozzy alone... even Zakk Wylde alone.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Ozzie & Sabbath should be in R&R HOF.

While personally I'm not a big fan of KISS, I do believe they should be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Musical tastes aside, they were one of the biggest rock acts of the 70's (and didn't do too bad in the 80's either), still have a massive legion of fans (the KISS Army), promote themselves like no other band in existence (with everything from action figures to burial caskets) and have influenced entire generations of musicians, from metal bands like Gwar & Slipknot to people like Garth Brooks & Lenny Kravitz (admitted KISS fans) and on and on...

Just as the Ramones influenced so many musicians with their simple three chord 70's punk and were admitted to the hall of fame, I think KISS deserve it for similar reasons (with many more "hit" songs to boot).

For those not in the know, some of their more well known songs include: Beth, Detroit Rock City, Rock and Roll All Night, Shout it out Loud and my personal fave I was Made for Lovin' You (their attempt at a schlocky disco song).
    Even babies know the difference.

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    While personally I'm not a big fan of KISS, I do believe they should be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Musical tastes aside, they were one of the biggest rock acts of the 70's (and didn't do too bad in the 80's either), still have a massive legion of fans (the KISS Army), promote themselves like no other band in existence (with everything from action figures to burial caskets) and have influenced entire generations of musicians, from metal bands like Gwar & Slipknot to people like Garth Brooks & Lenny Kravitz (admitted KISS fans) and on and on...

Just as the Ramones influenced so many musicians with their simple three chord 70's punk and were admitted to the hall of fame, I think KISS deserve it for similar reasons (with many more "hit" songs to boot).

For those not in the know, some of their more well known songs include: Beth, Detroit Rock City, Rock and Roll All Night, Shout it out Loud and my personal fave I was Made for Lovin' You (their attempt at a schlocky disco song).
    It's easy for the people born in the '80's & 90's to not realize how it was back when the KISS generation was here. It was something you had to be alive to witness to understand the impact of it back then.

I'm not saying that they should or shouldn't be in the HOF, just that I liked them back in the 70's & 80's, but they certainly belong in there before Johnny Rotten & the Sex Pistols.

It easy to say "I can't name any of their songs" ergo, they shouldn't be in the HOF.

Just because you're not a fan of theirs, doesn't mean they don't belong there.

How many Elvis Presley songs can you name? :wink:

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Kiss is amazing, if you think not...Come fight me.My brother got me into them years ago.Thier truly legends in Rock N Roll, they should easily be inducted.How can a band of that magnatude not be in there?Thier not talented?Sure they may have sold out to Disco in the 80's, but in thier prime you couldnt f**k with Kiss.

All you young whipper snappers need to give respect.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast