Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Hobbies, Past Times......Whats yours?

Well,

It's obvious we all enjoy Vikings Football and more than likely, the NFL as a whole.

But what are some of your other favorite past times, or hobbies?

Much of my free time is commited to my 5 year old son David, and my lovely wife Margie. We do a number of things together as a family, and I'de have it no other way. One thing we enjoy doing together is going fishing, and visiting my Dad at his Camper during the camping season, my son and I spend lots of time there in the pool and at the play-ground......
    David,Margie and I also spend time with Davids Lionel Train Set, we are always adding to the layout and it is truly a fun and at times challenging hobbie....

But when I do take time out just for myself, these are a few things I really enjoy

My first love is Fishing,

I do fish with the family often, but when I go on my own or with fishing partners, it's usually for the Off Shore scene, IE: Tuna and Shark fishing.

I also Scuba Dive, and I spear fish during some dive adventures. My favorite place to dive is in Moalboal-Cebu, Philippines.....Some of the best diving and fishing in the world can be found there...

I also have a big pig roaster I built out of an old large home fuel oil tank. A few times a year I roast pigs for family and friends, mostly for holidays and speical events, plus my wife really enjoys helping because this is one of her native countrys (Philippines) favorite dishes. In Cebu (The Island Margie is from) they call it "Lechon" thats Cebuano for Roast Pig, and let me tell you, it's awesome the way they spice them......

I also enjoy breeding and showing Game Fowel, mainly Roosters (some are shown in my photo gallery here).....I know it's illegal here in 48 of our 50 States, but in the Philippines it's comparable to our NFL in popularity....The Arenas where they hold the shows are like small stadiums and some are very nice complexes......

I will add one more thing to the list, that is another family duty, and that is Church. We attend Bethany Lutheran Church weekly, and I'm active with the Bible Study Hour there, services,and I'm a member of the Church building and maintenance board. My son David attends Sunday School and Margie pitches in on a number of helpful issues......

I hope not to long, but just wanted to share this, now what do you like?

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hobbies, Past Times......Whats yours?

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Well,

It's obvious we all enjoy Vikings Football and more than likely, the NFL as a whole.

But what are some of your other favorite past times, or hobbies?

Much of my free time is commited to my 5 year old son David, and my lovely wife Margie. We do a number of things together as a family, and I'de have it no other way. One thing we enjoy doing together is going fishing, and visiting my Dad at his Camper during the camping season, my son and I spend lots of time there in the pool and at the play-ground......
    David,Margie and I also spend time with Davids Lionel Train Set, we are always adding to the layout and it is truly a fun and at times challenging hobbie....

But when I do take time out just for myself, these are a few things I really enjoy

My first love is Fishing,

I do fish with the family often, but when I go on my own or with fishing partners, it's usually for the Off Shore scene, IE: Tuna and Shark fishing.

I also Scuba Dive, and I spear fish during some dive adventures. My favorite place to dive is in Moalboal-Cebu, Philippines.....Some of the best diving and fishing in the world can be found there...

I also have a big pig roaster I built out of an old large home fuel oil tank. A few times a year I roast pigs for family and friends, mostly for holidays and speical events, plus my wife really enjoys helping because this is one of her native countrys (Philippines) favorite dishes. In Cebu (The Island Margie is from) they call it "Lechon" thats Cebuano for Roast Pig, and let me tell you, it's awesome the way they spice them......

I also enjoy breeding and showing Game Fowel, mainly Roosters (some are shown in my photo gallery here).....I know it's illegal here in 48 of our 50 States, but in the Philippines it's comparable to our NFL in popularity....The Arenas where they hold the shows are like small stadiums and some are very nice complexes......

I will add one more thing to the list, that is another family duty, and that is Church. We attend Bethany Lutheran Church weekly, and I'm active with the Bible Study Hour there, services,and I'm a member of the Church building and maintenance board. My son David attends Sunday School and Margie pitches in on a number of helpful issues......

I hope not to long, but just wanted to share this, now what do you like?
    My next door neighbors are Filipino and I can vouch for the way that they spice food...it rivals my own native Cajun spicy way of cooking...YUM!!!

As far as the cockfighting goes, it is also legal in Louisiana...maybe you should move there...you would fit right in with the roast pigs and fighting roosters!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Cajun,

Did you know,

Your State of Virginia, cockfighting is legal, but you can't bet on it in Virginia...That is the catch in your State, but there is a large following in your State......

Do you know how to make Gumbo?....Yum

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Cajun,

Did you know,

Your State of Virginia, cockfighting is legal, but you can't bet on it in Virginia...That is the catch in your State, but there is a large following in your State......

Do you know how to make Gumbo?....Yum
    So the only two states that cockfighting is legal are Virginia and Louisiana??? I thought that it was legal in Oklahoma also?

Heck yeah, I know how to make gumbo...it is pretty good too...if I say so myself!!! :lol:

Believe it or not, rooster makes for good gumbo...the meat is tougher, but because the gumbo cooks for so long, it turns out tender...plus the meat is a little more gamy, which I like! Maybe we can make some rooster gumbo out of the roosters that you have that don't turn out to be good for showing or fighting...you could use a video of me making the rooster gumbo to show to your young roosters to "motivate" them! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Thats way to funny Cajun,,,,,LOL....

Better yet, lets make that Gumbo out of the Roosters that My Roosters put a wooping on.....

In the Philippines, the winner gets to take the looser home. When you arrive home from the fights, the ladies either put up a big yahoooooooooooo and get the pot going (for the looser to be cooked in) it's a tradition to make soup out of the looser....But if you come home empty handed, they slam the door in your face...LOL...not only do you come home with no Rooster but usually your pockets are empty to...hahahahahhahaha

By the way, the only Two States Cockfighting is legal in is New Mexico and LA......

Like I said, in Virginia it's a funny line to be drawn between legal and illegal......

Legal if your just showing the birds (fighting) but no money can be bet or collected at the door for addmission......So it's really dum if you ask me because most of the Fowel I own run between a value of $150 to $500 per bird.....No one is going to fight a bird worth that kind of money for no chance to get a return.....In the PI's when I match a show bird against another, usually the smallest bet I put in is equal to 2x the roosters value to me, then ofcourse, family and friends and those who believe in your bird are betting on your bird also, so the pot sometimes reaches up in the thousands......

I'll have to show them birds the soup pot next time....LOL>.....

PS: Cajun,

Are you going to try to go to the Giants vs Vikes game this year in NY?.....

Maybe we could meet up? I'll bring some Lechon to the Tailgate Menu.....you bring the Rooster Gumbo......

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Other than football I enjoy waterfowl hunting back in NoDak.

I enjoy coaching youth sports.

I enjoy throwing darts too.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

[size=18px]DRINKING is my other hobby :lol: [/size]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Well here I go. I'm hate to admit there is more to life than the Vikings (unfortunately) but I do do some other things. As you all know I am a physical education teacher and most of the things that I enjoy have to do with sports/activities. I really enjoy working with kids and it is very rewarding (also tough at times too though!). I love most sports, I'll watch a sporting event on TV before some other kind of programming usually (unless survivor and amazing race are on!)

As for hobbies. Since I was about 6 I have been collecting baseball/football/basketball cards. I have somewhere between 150,000 and 200,000 thousand cards, which may not seem like a lot but I was pretty poor when I was a little kid (or I should say my family) and every cent I had went to cards! In my collection I have over 1,000 Moss cards and about 400 Ken Griffey Jr. cards.

I still collect cards but I have also moved on to memorabilia. I collect all Vikings, Twins, Wild, Gophers and T-wolves stuff I can get my hands on and I pretty much keep all sports stuff I get from other teams too. I'm kind of a pack rat.

I also enjoy spending time with my beautiful girlfriend (pictured below with me). She's an avid cheesed!ck fan, but I see through it somehow!

That's pretty much it, if I left something out I'll come back.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Hobbies? Well, I love rocking out on my bass to a good Red Hot Chili Peppers song. Also, I am a young up and coming poker player. I usually get at least 4-5 games in a week, sometimes more (if we play twice in a night). All texas hold'em style. I am a hockey fan (when it is around), go Flyers (yeah, i know, I hate Eagles fans too). Also, i play a plethera of computer games. I love Warcraft 3, which is my favorite of all time. I play World of warcraft, the Half-life series, Wolfenstein, Doom, and about any PS2 game I can get my hands on (Madden 05 is my forte).
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast