Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

high school football!!!!!!

playing football is more than a sport.

Its about taking a group of kids who grew up together; onto a field against other kids they've been playing for 6+ years. It's the smell of popcorn and brats, the anticipation of a great game and a hometown victory. Its the butterflies during your first pre-game speech.
    Its the buckets of sweat that have poured from your pores.
    Its knowing for 48 minutes on Friday night, youve got a chance to be a living legend; youve got the opportunity to be bigger than life.
    Its seeing familiar faces do battle as best as they can and coming out of it victorious.
    Its the glow of the lights; it's the parents, friends, graduates and coaches.
    Its waiting all week for Friday morning so you can wear your purple and gold, read the Springfield News and Sun to see how they picked your team this week and what theyve got to say about it.
    Its seeing hard work pay off.
    Its traveling an hour to watch a football game in the rain when you have not a single relative on the team.
    It's the dedication and the appreciation for the dedication of the kids.
    Its hot summer days spent sweating for hours and feeling like you're going to die.
    Bleeding from your nose/arms/legs/chest/back and begging for more.
    Its knowing how much the hard work and discipline are going to pay off.
    Its about knowing how to win and capturing it again and again. Its showing everyone in your area and in your state that you deserve what youve gotten, you deserve where you are and you deserve respect.
    Itd pride, pure and simple.
    Its simple, quiet and poetic.
    It's a symphony of action concluding only when the whistle is blown, the fight song is sung, and the memories are clear.
    It's love.

man summer training is about to start and i am freaking PUMPED! were getting our 3rd coach in 3 years after both going to better jobs after succesful seasons. Had a historic year last year and were losing a great group of seniors. but we soldier on. were mechanicsburg football. and we dont like to lose.

www.burgfootball.com
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: high school football!!!!!!

Which one are you?

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

ah ah no telling. im a junior this year tho. nad im gonna get a good bit of playing time.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Fixed it ;D
    They usually don't list the waterboys

"mr.woo" wrote:
    ah ah no telling. im a junior this year tho. nad im gonna get a good bit of time carrying the water and equipment

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    Fixed it ;D

"mr.woo" wrote:
    ah ah no telling. im a junior this year tho. nad my momma says I can carry the water and equipment
    [img width=450 height=349]http://www.tropiccomics.com/ebay/waterboy1.jpg[/img]

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

Football doesnt start for me for another 3 months but i cant wait to get it started two a days are a pain but after that its all good i was a freshman last year so i didnt play much we had a pretty bad year last year but we have almost everybody returning with the exception of two guards
    i caught a TD at our Homecoming game which was awsome this year i hope i get to play more and possibly win some games

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"mr.woo" wrote:
    playing football is more than a sport.

Its about taking a group of kids who grew up together; onto a field against other kids they've been playing for 6+ years. It's the smell of popcorn and brats, the anticipation of a great game and a hometown victory. Its the butterflies during your first pre-game speech.
    Its the buckets of sweat that have poured from your pores.
    Its knowing for 48 minutes on Friday night, youve got a chance to be a living legend; youve got the opportunity to be bigger than life.
    Its seeing familiar faces do battle as best as they can and coming out of it victorious.
    Its the glow of the lights; it's the parents, friends, graduates and coaches.
    Its waiting all week for Friday morning so you can wear your purple and gold, read the Springfield News and Sun to see how they picked your team this week and what theyve got to say about it.
    Its seeing hard work pay off.
    Its traveling an hour to watch a football game in the rain when you have not a single relative on the team.
    It's the dedication and the appreciation for the dedication of the kids.
    Its hot summer days spent sweating for hours and feeling like you're going to die.
    Bleeding from your nose/arms/legs/chest/back and begging for more.
    Its knowing how much the hard work and discipline are going to pay off.
    Its about knowing how to win and capturing it again and again. Its showing everyone in your area and in your state that you deserve what youve gotten, you deserve where you are and you deserve respect.
    Itd pride, pure and simple.
    Its simple, quiet and poetic.
    It's a symphony of action concluding only when the whistle is blown, the fight song is sung, and the memories are clear.
    It's love.

man summer training is about to start and i am freaking PUMPED! were getting our 3rd coach in 3 years after both going to better jobs after succesful seasons. Had a historic year last year and were losing a great group of seniors. but we soldier on. were mechanicsburg football. and we dont like to lose.

www.burgfootball.com
    Hey woo...didn't realize you are so close to me, I live in Dayton, in Huber Heights.....GO WAYNE WARRIORS!.....used to work in Springfield
    at Mercy Medical Center... have to look out for you during this HS football season.. ;D

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Fixed it ;D

"mr.woo" wrote:
    ah ah no telling. im a junior this year tho. nad my momma says I can carry the water and equipment
    [img width=450 height=349]http://www.tropiccomics.com/ebay/waterboy1.jpg[/img]
    LMAO ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Great stuff Woo.

Enjoy it now while you can.
    Although I wasn't very good and my high school team lost more than we won, I still miss playing ball every day.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Go Get Um Woo,

Hope you have a great season of ball this year.
    My seven year old son David, will be joining the youth league for his first season this August.
    I'm pumped also...LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast