Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

High school Football.

My sons high school football team just got destroyed.Not by another team but by school policy.I am so pissed.His team,if you go all the way back to 8th grade up to his senior year lost 1 game.And that was bad calls that cost them that one.Well anyway.Alot of the kids on his team go to Tech.They take a busride that last about 1/2 an hour and go to thier classes(carpentry,plumbing,maching,ect).So thier senior year the school decides(unofficially) if you go to tech,you arrive back at school 20 min late for practice so you cant start.So my son as an example,was a 4 year starter both ways,tight end and DE.Well his senior year he was 3rd string!This happened to about 6 starters.Well they went 2-6..(big suprise).Now the closest town to mine they let the kids drive thier own cars to and from tech during the season,letting them split 20 min early.But no not Yale.I,m so pissed along with the other parents.This team was awesome and it all went to waste.... I was wondering if anyone else ever even heard of a school doing this?To me,they are punishing the kids for following thier rules.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Re: High school Football.

that sucks man...

Go vikes!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The rules and limitations they are putting on youth these days is ridiculous.

Would they rather have some kids not go out for after school programs and have some of these smart smoking and doing drugs?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

That sounds pretty ridiculous to me Paul.. Sorry man.. I really am, I don't get why they would do that..

Our skool lost last saturday.. It was our 2nd sections game.. We had a 30-7 halftime lead and blew it.. There was a horrible call at the end when our WR was clearly pushed and would have probably made the game winning TD catch.. Instead we went to O.T and lost.. Thier RB had 307 yards rushing I think.. Speculation has it that he has dont steroids..

Sorry you lost man,really.But hey.at least they played. You really hate to see it come down to a blown call. Something tells me next year at our high school,player turnout will be low.WORD GETS AROUND. so I suppose our football teams will suck for awhile.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

My team lost in the first round of the the state playoffs last night, 28-7. It was brutal... we had only lost one game all season prior to this, and we were pretty confident. and then they come out with their highly touted Defence (rediculously good, allowed an average of 47 yards their last 5 games) and their small lightnin quick RB, and just owned us from the very beginging. Our sophmore QB, for the first time all year, didn't have a consistant pocket to throw from, but he really impressed me waht he was able to do with three guys in his grill. It was killing me not to be able to play... I wanted to lay one good hit on that bitchass little RB of thiers... ughh... well, we had a good season. And Hopefully I'll be able to play next year.

Our HS team blows...I mean really blows.

But, in 5 years from now I will be a coach on the Defensive side (you can count on that) and things will be different!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

My team is 0-8, we play in one of the hardest conferences in the nation. Schedule strengths are ranked out of 75, and ours is a 73.

For example. Last night we played a school that was literally 6 times the size of ours. Last week, we played a school that was 3 times the size of ours.

We're in group 4A ball, but our school only has 1500, or 1600 kids, we're the smallest school in the group, but we have actually been competing all year, but we just can't pull out that win.

In all honesty, we should be 2-6 but we really got screwed by the refs in two games, in our game vs. Scotch Plains(our huge rivals) we blew them out in the first half, 19-0 at half time. We beat the shit out of them the whole game, shut down their all-state running back(I hit him pretty hard once) and really just out played them the whole game. By the fourth quarter it was like 26-16 or something, we got a personal foul called against us, because one of our guys I think is partially retarded and cant control himself, so that gave them some yardage and a 1st.

So they have the ball at around our 40, they have a broken play and the QB scrambles for a 1st. There's only about 3:00 on the clock, and its running. They run fir a yard or so, next play we sack them for a 7 yard loss, then again for a 4 yard loss, making it 4th and 20ish. They have to pass, so they throw, and this ref(who had to weigh 400 pounds, no joke) throws a flag for pass interference, and it was total bs, we were watching the film the monday after, and there was nothing totally clean. Since it was pass interference it was a 15 yard penalty they said and they needed 20, so it was still a turnover on downs. WE get out there run our first play of what should be our victory drive. and after the play the refs say, "oh wait, pass interference? Automatic first down, derka duuurr duhhhhh" Scotch plains gets it scores. 23-26. We get the ball, we cant move it for shit, they were toatlly revamped. so they use Timeouts and stop the clock in any way possible. They end up getting the ball back and kicking a 40 yard field goal to tie, and then win in OT. BS.

Yeah ,once you start playing those huge schools it gets very tough.But its still quite an accomplishment just to get there.Hey Ultra,are you going to use the Cottrel system?(just Kidding).Oh another one.My kid also went out for track again this year.The coach actually told him if you go to tech dont bother joining track.Needless to say our track team sucks too.Hell my kids 6'1" 210 and runs a 4.6 not nfl stuff but plenty for high school or perhaps even college.Hell that reminds me.A few of those kids had hopes of playing college ball.Including mine,pretty tough to do when you dont play!I hope everyone keeps posting here I enjoy reading about everyones highschool teams.

"Paulbedy59" wrote:
    Yeah ,once you start playing those huge schools it gets very tough.But its still quite an accomplishment just to get there.Hey Ultra,are you going to use the Cottrel system?(just Kidding).Oh another one.My kid also went out for track again this year.The coach actually told him if you go to tech dont bother joining track.Needless to say our track team sucks too.Hell my kids 6'1" 210 and runs a 4.6 not nfl stuff but plenty for high school or perhaps even college.Hell that reminds me.A few of those kids had hopes of playing college ball.Including mine,pretty tough to do when you dont play!I hope everyone keeps posting here I enjoy reading about everyones highschool teams.
    No set system. Have to see what I have available at that time. I like a 5-3 for HS football.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast