Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

High School Football

Well summer conditioning started today for Clearfield High School. As I was saying earlier on Saturday when I had orientation I was walking the boys through some weight training. And one of the kids was a very short clone of Chris Hovan.

Short chubby kid that had a very long red mullet. Well I am proud to announce that he puked when I was making the guys run today and he puked bad.

We were doing some staggered sprints and you could tell he was laboring. Towards the end his eyes just closed and he fell on his face. And while he was laying face down he puked. And as you can imagine it was all over his face. He got up and I told him to go wash his face. He came back and finished so that was a good sign.

So far a good group of kids. For the most part they are small, but there are a few good sized kids in there. My brother almost passed out so that was pretty funny. And a few kids fell in the rope drill. Just glad that some form of football is starting. Evening workouts with just the sophmores this week. And Morning practices with the whole team start next monday. So it's good times all around.

Watching these guys get better and more confident is awesome, winning games is even better. Have to admit some funny stuff happens in between.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: High School Football

That must have sucked for the chris hovan kid. I have never puked before from running and dont want to either, i have came close though. good luck with your season!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Ahh good old high school football training camp. I remember my Junior football team coach made us run 40 20yard sprints :P. I have thrown up from running a few times before, but never from football training. It is almost the worst feeling in the world.

Still, you can't have the fat kids being out of shape, or they will hurt the team. You've got to get the cake out of them one way or another.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

that is so not true the fat kids anchor the line lol but we were never out of shape really i love playing o-line
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Ahh good old high school football training camp. I remember my Junior football team coach made us run 40 20yard sprints :P. I have thrown up from running a few times before, but never from football training. It is almost the worst feeling in the world.

Still, you can't have the fat kids being out of shape, or they will hurt the team. You've got to get the cake out of them one way or another.
    ................ ccasion6: ukeright:
    ............................... :laughing3:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I have never puked from running....through all my years of sports...never...I have seen it many times though....makes me feel bad for the dude it happens to...not great when you are gasping for breath after running...thats for sure!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

I play running back and I have never puked from running before. It must be an awful feeling though.

Del Rio Guest

It's nothing new here. But this one was particularly bad. When I played we had a guy that would up chuck from jogging. And from what I have seen small guys throw up just as much.

I had a lot of smaller players dog it yesterday and in return the whole team had to run more, we will see what they do today. Hopefully they understand to go 100%

zimtwister is offline Coach

del- better go easier on them, remember korey stringer?
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

Del Rio Guest

Everybody gets treated the same. Regardless of weight. And it isn't all that difficult, nothing copared to anything on a college level or a pro level.

They will be fine, they might feel like they are going to die, but it is good for them. It's only going to get worse, they get their armor on the 30th.

It sounds worse then it is, 2 hours total right now until two-a-days. And about 45 minutes of that they spend in the weight room. A good chunk of that is stretching and agility drills, they really only have to run the really hard stuff at the end.

They stretch, half of them go into the air conditioned gym and lift, the other half do some learning on the field (technique, position, etc) they switch. All come on the field do agility drills go drink some water, the sprint, stretch, go home.

I do remember Stringer, that was tragic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast