Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Hawaiian

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Hey Hawaiian

Bad news man, looksl like we lost marcus banks. :angryfire:

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/c-116079-25.html

Quote:
    Boston, MA --The Boston Celtics announced today that the August 6th trade with the Los Angeles Lakers, in which the Celtics received Gary Payton, Rick Fox and a conditional first round draft pick in exchange for Chucky Atkins, Chris Mihm, Marcus Banks and a second round draft choice, has been amended. In the amended deal, the Celtics have sent 6’8” forward Jumaine Jones instead of Banks to the Lakers, and no longer includes the Celtics second round draft choice.
    Boston still receives Payton, Fox, the conditional first round draft pick and cash considerations.

MItch Kupchak!
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Hey Hawaiian

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Quote:
    Boston, MA --The Boston Celtics announced today that the August 6th trade with the Los Angeles Lakers, in which the Celtics received Gary Payton, Rick Fox and a conditional first round draft pick in exchange for Chucky Atkins, Chris Mihm, Marcus Banks and a second round draft choice, has been amended. In the amended deal, the Celtics have sent 6’8” forward Jumaine Jones instead of Banks to the Lakers, and no longer includes the Celtics second round draft choice.
    Boston still receives Payton, Fox, the conditional first round draft pick and cash considerations.

MItch Kupchak!

OK, NOW I AM PISSED!!! That is the stupidest deal ever! We get jones instead of banks, and jones sucks bad. Banks is much better, yet we loose the 2nd round pick too??? Why do we need another forward anyways?? We need PG's not more forwards. Banks would have played for us and now we get jones that will ride the pine?? GOD AM I PISSED AT THIS DUMB DEAL. We would be much better off with payton now. I was really high on the banks kid from UNLV. He could have been the future PG for us for a long time, so this is gonna hurt me for awhile. What the hell are we gonna do now about he PG position?? We have chucky atkins and thats it. Chucky sucks too. I now wish this trade never happened, even with my huge hatred for pretty boy fox. This one is gonna take awhile to get over. Hopefully football tommorrow will help me forget about this bad deal by mitch.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Hey Hawaiian

How about them Wolves? hehe sorry guys just had to interrupt all this Laker talk!

Hey Hawaiian

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Quote:

MItch Kupchak!

OK, NOW I AM PISSED!!! That is the stupidest deal ever! We get jones instead of banks, and jones sucks bad. Banks is much better, yet we loose the 2nd round pick too??? Why do we need another forward anyways?? We need PG's not more forwards. Banks would have played for us and now we get jones that will ride the pine?? GOD AM I PISSED AT THIS DUMB DEAL. We would be much better off with payton now. I was really high on the banks kid from UNLV. He could have been the future PG for us for a long time, so this is gonna hurt me for awhile. What the hell are we gonna do now about he PG position?? We have chucky atkins and thats it. Chucky sucks too. I now wish this trade never happened, even with my huge hatred for pretty boy fox. This one is gonna take awhile to get over. Hopefully football tommorrow will help me forget about this bad deal by mitch.
    Im guessing *itch kupchak is going to do another trade again. One of the dumbest moves i seen in awhile. Now we have too many fowards and not enough depth at guard.

FOr some reason i got a strange feeling we may deal some of our fowards or other player for jason kidd. He would be an upgrade of what we got now and would solidify the backcourt for awhile

I didnt know you could take back part of a trade. Isint that like indian giving or something??? When did the nba allow this kind of stuff to happen. :angryfire:

Hey Hawaiian

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Quote:

MItch Kupchak!

Im guessing *itch kupchak is going to do another trade again. One of the dumbest moves i seen in awhile. Now we have too many fowards and not enough depth at guard.

FOr some reason i got a strange feeling we may deal some of our fowards or other player for jason kidd. He would be an upgrade of what we got now and would solidify the backcourt for awhile

I didnt know you could take back part of a trade. Isint that like indian giving or something??? When did the nba allow this kind of stuff to happen. :angryfire:

I would love jason kidd, but I don't think we could afford taking on his salary. He makes way too much money. I don't know who we could trade away, with salaries comparable to his? It would be damn nice if mitch found away to do it, but I really don't see it happening unfortunately. Somehow and someway, we need another PG.

What I didn't understand about the trade, is that ESPN said that payton didn't show up in boston(I don't know if he was mad or what) and they made it sound like because of this, the trade was ammended to us getting jones instead of banks and a 2nd. Does that make any sense?? Why would the trade be ammended because of that? Maybe the celtics got worried that payton wouldn't play there and wanted to see if they could keep banks in case he didn't. I have never heard of anything like this happening before, but if I was the lakers, I would have made them give up more value if they wanted banks back, insteda of us giving up a bunch. MNA DOES THIS TRADE PISS ME OFF!

Hey Hawaiian

I believe payton did not want to go in for a physical and being that they need him, attendance wise as part of the contract, they would have to give up something valuable in the trade.

Payton is just mad that he got traded by the franchise he says he was loyal to and wanted to retire as.

As for kidd, he is way too expensive to sign and is past his prime as he suffers through a nagging injury like he had last year. Dont think we need him either.

Hey Hawaiian

How about the Kobe case being dismissed? THAT KICKS ASS BABY!

I hope he gets jury duty or something during next seasons playoffs, so he can be in court all day, and then fly to the staples center and play lights out, like he did last year after being in court all day.

Hey Hawaiian

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    How about the Kobe case being dismissed? THAT KICKS ASS BABY!

I hope he gets jury duty or something during next seasons playoffs, so he can be in court all day, and then fly to the staples center and play lights out, like he did last year after being in court all day.
    Hell ya man im so happy hes not going to have to face trials again this year and possibly getting accused. I was so releived to hear he dont have to face possible jail time as well. I know hell get back to dominating the game and WILL get MVP this season to prove some people how good he is with or without a case.

KInda is a shame he wont be able to come back from court and put up 42 points a game like he use to huh??? :lol:

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

Hey Hawaiian

Hupo 'oe ke kau'ana i ka waiupa'a ma kou pa'o & Hupo na Po'o waiupa'a MEANS???????????

Hey Hawaiian

"duffVIkEs" wrote:
    Hupo 'oe ke kau'ana i ka waiupa'a ma kou pa'o & Hupo na Po'o waiupa'a MEANS???????????
    All it really means is, you look dumb wearing cheese on your head. SOrry i lost the paper that i got it translated. I dont speak hawaiian since the language entirely is almost never used although we do use certain simple words.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast