Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Hawaiian

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Hey Hawaiian

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    I agree we should throw in guys like walton and cook to get some valuable playing time insted of letting them sit on the bench and rot. :? But the starters should at the same time get most of the playing time as the new pacific divison should be just as hard to win as it was last year whe it came down to the wire.

As for malone, i either hope he reitires or even joins the spurs like rumored and possibly get his ring with them. I feel really bad for him, class guy whose been playing for 17-18 years in the league and he hasnt gotten a ring yet when a guy like devean george has three of them. :lol:

well make the playoffs for sure, too good of a team not too. I cant wait to see the new duo in L.A work together and not have to fight all the time about whose doing what or whose getting the ball. Lamar and Kobe baby!

I say watch out for kareem rush. If rudy T plays him a lot of minutes, he will be a good scorer. Kobe, butler, odom, and rush are 4 really good young scorers. Still wanna see what sasha can do.[/quote]

Too bad we couldnt put him in place of atkins. Hes a good shooter, especially from three point range as he showed that in the last game against the t-wolves series. That would be a good and fast combo. Kobe and Rush as the starting guards instead of rush backing up kobe.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Hey Hawaiian

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    I agree we should throw in guys like walton and cook to get some valuable playing time insted of letting them sit on the bench and rot. :? But the starters should at the same time get most of the playing time as the new pacific divison should be just as hard to win as it was last year whe it came down to the wire.

As for malone, i either hope he reitires or even joins the spurs like rumored and possibly get his ring with them. I feel really bad for him, class guy whose been playing for 17-18 years in the league and he hasnt gotten a ring yet when a guy like devean george has three of them. :lol:

well make the playoffs for sure, too good of a team not too. I cant wait to see the new duo in L.A work together and not have to fight all the time about whose doing what or whose getting the ball. Lamar and Kobe baby!

I say watch out for kareem rush. If rudy T plays him a lot of minutes, he will be a good scorer. Kobe, butler, odom, and rush are 4 really good young scorers. Still wanna see what sasha can do.
    Too bad we couldnt put him in place of atkins. Hes a good shooter, especially from three point range as he showed that in the last game against the t-wolves series. That would be a good and fast combo. Kobe and Rush as the starting guards instead of rush backing up kobe.[/quote]

Yeah I agree, but at the same time it will be good to have rush's scoring off the bench. If Butler is a reserve too, those r 2 good scroers on our bench. I am assuming we will start atkins, kobe, odom, brian grant, and vlade. There really is only 2 scorers in that lineup, so I would be rudy t won't wait long to get rush and butler into games off the bench, to add some more scoring threats out there. I wanna see us use the lineup of kobe, rush, butler, odom, and vlade out on the floor at the same time. That would be a fun group to watch.

Hey Hawaiian

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:

I say watch out for kareem rush. If rudy T plays him a lot of minutes, he will be a good scorer. Kobe, butler, odom, and rush are 4 really good young scorers. Still wanna see what sasha can do.
    Too bad we couldnt put him in place of atkins. Hes a good shooter, especially from three point range as he showed that in the last game against the t-wolves series. That would be a good and fast combo. Kobe and Rush as the starting guards instead of rush backing up kobe.

Yeah I agree, but at the same time it will be good to have rush's scoring off the bench. If Butler is a reserve too, those r 2 good scroers on our bench. I am assuming we will start atkins, kobe, odom, brian grant, and vlade. There really is only 2 scorers in that lineup, so I would be rudy t won't wait long to get rush and butler into games off the bench, to add some more scoring threats out there. I wanna see us use the lineup of kobe, rush, butler, odom, and vlade out on the floor at the same time. That would be a fun group to watch.[/quote]

Yep i'd agree with that lineup too. Just about all of them can score consistently. Like i said earlier we are have a lot deeper bench then we did last year. For heavens sake, slava medvedenko may find himself being the byron russel of last year since we got so many other guys to play d and score.

Other then that i guess it is wise to bring butler and rush off the bench as well as mihm to fill in for vlade since he only plays half the game. Too much cigarettes for vlade thats why. :lol:

Hey Hawaiian

Luke walton should fit into Rudy's style of offense real well too, with his great passing ability.

I would like to see cook take the role similar to robert horry. Cook can shoot 3's pretty well. I luv having a power forward that can shoot 3's.

I haven't heard anything about our rookie, sasha yet. I hope he isn't gonna be one of those european guys that get drafted and don't come over to the NBA for 2 or 3 years.

Hey Hawaiian

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Luke walton should fit into Rudy's style of offense real well too, with his great passing ability.

I would like to see cook take the role similar to robert horry. Cook can shoot 3's pretty well. I luv having a power forward that can shoot 3's.

I haven't heard anything about our rookie, sasha yet. I hope he isn't gonna be one of those european guys that get drafted and don't come over to the NBA for 2 or 3 years.
    Walton will fit in perfectly as well as divac. Both of them are great passers and when you think about it, vlade right now is our new leading assist guy since we lost payton our team.

I dont think cook could shoot the three that good. I watched a lot of laker home games and didnt quite see many threes from him at all. Maybe you mean Walton? He shoots the three well for a foward.

Ya Sasha hasnt signed yet, hope he doesnt hold out like bryant mckinnie did to us. :evil: I think he'll eventually sign, if not, one more roster spot for us since we got too many guys on our roster. Depth's going to be a killer for us.

Hey Hawaiian

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:

Walton will fit in perfectly as well as divac. Both of them are great passers and when you think about it, vlade right now is our new leading assist guy since we lost payton our team.

I dont think cook could shoot the three that good. I watched a lot of laker home games and didnt quite see many threes from him at all. Maybe you mean Walton? He shoots the three well for a foward.

Ya Sasha hasnt signed yet, hope he doesnt hold out like bryant mckinnie did to us. :evil: I think he'll eventually sign, if not, one more roster spot for us since we got too many guys on our roster. Depth's going to be a killer for us.

No I did mean cook. He is a great outside shooter and was one of Illinois best 3 point shooters for 3 years. I am an illini fan in college basketball and watched him play every year in college. He might not have shot it well last year, but he is a much better shooter than walton, even though walton did hit some big 3's for us last year. The NBA 3 point line is farther out, so maybe it will take him some time to get use to that. But don't be suprised to see cook become a robert horry type of player for us in years to come.

Hey Hawaiian

No I did mean cook. He is a great outside shooter and was one of Illinois best 3 point shooters for 3 years. I am an illini fan in college basketball and watched him play every year in college. He might not have shot it well last year, but he is a much better shooter than walton, even though walton did hit some big 3's for us last year. The NBA 3 point line is farther out, so maybe it will take him some time to get use to that. But don't be suprised to see cook become a robert horry type of player for us in years to come.[/quote]

well lets just hope cook can actually show us some of his three point skill. You really think hes better then walton??? I thought walton looked pretty big. IF anything cook lacks size and toughness to go up against other western conference fowards, maybe thats why he didnt play as much although being a rookie. Stoudamire did pretty well for a foward his rookie year if im not mistaken.

Sorry to say this but it seems like cook is a really slow player, i dont think he'll develop well with our new fast break offense tomjanovich is putting in.

Hey Hawaiian

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    No I did mean cook. He is a great outside shooter and was one of Illinois best 3 point shooters for 3 years. I am an illini fan in college basketball and watched him play every year in college. He might not have shot it well last year, but he is a much better shooter than walton, even though walton did hit some big 3's for us last year. The NBA 3 point line is farther out, so maybe it will take him some time to get use to that. But don't be suprised to see cook become a robert horry type of player for us in years to come.

well lets just hope cook can actually show us some of his three point skill. You really think hes better then walton??? I thought walton looked pretty big. IF anything cook lacks size and toughness to go up against other western conference fowards, maybe thats why he didnt play as much although being a rookie. Stoudamire did pretty well for a foward his rookie year if im not mistaken.

Sorry to say this but it seems like cook is a really slow player, i dont think he'll develop well with our new fast break offense tomjanovich is putting in.
    [/quote]

Trust me, cook is a much better scorer than walton is, by far. The only reason why phil played walton last year, was because of his passing. Shaq told phil to put someone out there that would pass him the ball, and walton did that. Phil usually didn't like to play rookies, he would wait until your 2nd and 3rd year, before he played you a bunch. That, I think is why Cook didn't play. It was the same for kareem rush in his first year. He had a ton of talent and we knew he could score, but phil hardly ever played him in his rookie year.

Cook played i the big ten, so you know he has to be a tough kid. He was also the big ten player of the year, in his last year of college, so he could also play well in that tough conference. If robetr horry could play PF in the west, then he sure can, since he is a little bigger than horry was.

I am not stating that I think cook will be a great player and scorer for us this year, but he has the talent to be everything Horry was for us and more.

Hey Hawaiian

Thats good to know, i dont really follow college basketball at all, so i dont know how good some of these players and schools are.

IN about 3 years, hopefully less, cook could become a future starter for us.

The one play that stands out the most that i remember is that buzzer beater to end the third quarter against the kings. we were at home and we killed the kings that day and everything seemed to be going right for us, including that.

Hey Hawaiian

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Thats good to know, i dont really follow college basketball at all, so i dont know how good some of these players and schools are.

IN about 3 years, hopefully less, cook could become a future starter for us.

The one play that stands out the most that i remember is that buzzer beater to end the third quarter against the kings. we were at home and we killed the kings that day and everything seemed to be going right for us, including that.

I might be even more of a college basketball nut, than college football. I love both college sports, and that is why I know so much about the rookies of each sport. Although, basketball has too many damn high school and european kids in the draft, so I don't follow the NBA draft and rookies like I do in the NFL.

I can't wait to see our new offense under Rudy T, it should be fun to watch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast