Thread: hey everyone...

bono is offline Hall of Famer

hey everyone...

:cry:
    Hello everyone. Um, long time no post.
    I'm at work right now, at my computer.
    I'm sad.
    I'm hurt.
    I've been trying to hold back tears (not wanting co-workers to see my pain)
    One of my siblings is brain dead...expected to live no longer than tomorrow. :cry:
    i went to go visit my sibling earlier today...stayed until it was time for me to go to work. I tried to stand strong in the mist of all the other tears/saddness, but every once in a while, i'd break down. It's not easy.
    My father has been trying to communicate with my sibling (in a comma), asking her to wake up, but no response. it's so sad b/c she's my parents' first child out of seven.
    Make matters even sadder, she has three little children (one that just turned one-year-old) who really need her.
    I've been praying and asking God to bring her back...keep holding on to faith that it's in God's Will for her to wake up.
    Dang.
    I don't even want to be here (work) right now, I just want to go home and reminise about my sibling, and cry. But, I know life goes one. I can't allow myself to go down hill if God calls her home.
    The last time I spoke to her was this past Sunday. She was rushed to the hospital around noon on Monday. The doctor said she suffered some sort of major stroke: blood clot in artery by heart busted...shot up to her brain

hey, i'm going to go now. i'm just hurt...tears are coming back...don't want to talk about it no more.
    Hey, if anyone who reads this, believes in God, I ask for your prayers.
    Thanks.
    Pal Bono
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: hey everyone...

Much the same thing happened to a close friend of mine while we were working together. He left behind two small sons and a young wife who spoke very little English. All I can say is that the best thing that you can do is to step in the breech and be there for her kids if she doesn't come out of the coma. My prayers are with you and yours.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

man, that sucks soooo much. your family is going to be in my prayers tonight. God Bless

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

im so sorry bono..ill pray for your sister tonight..i hope shes ok man, my thought ands prayers go out to you and your family and friends

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

:cry:

That's really sad bono. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and your family.

It's difficult to find the right words, that might be comforting, at a time like this. It sounds like you're a man of faith though, with a Christian background, and some Bible knowledge.

Please be assured that there is NO wrong that won't be righted in God's due time. If it comes down to your sister dying..., she WILL live again, because God, who cannot lie, inspired the words of Acts 24:15; "and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous." Your sister will wake up, from what will seem like just a short nap, at a time when even the causes of pain and suffering will be a thing of the past. Revelation 21:4 says: "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.�

Don't listen, though, to anyone who tells you that "it was God's will", "God needed another angel", or "it was her time". Rubbish. James 1:13 says; ' "When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.� For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone." ' God is not to blame for the sad state man is in, man is to blame. God is not the problem..., but he has the solution.

In the mean time, try and be a source of comfort to others..., and like Cajun said, do all you can to help with her children.

We'll be thinking of you. If there's anything I can do to help let me know (IM me).

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

skol's right and if there is anything we could do to help just let us know

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Bono,
    My prayers are with you and your sister. May you find some comfort in your troubling time.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

God Bless the (insert real name here) Bono family!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Hey Bono, all our prayers and thoughts are with you sister and your whole family. There never are words for life's twists and turns. Just be around
    all those you love the most. Take care.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

thanks for all your prayers (those who posted/prayed and those who did not post but did pray!)
    My sibling pasted away. The doctor said she was officially brain dead sometime Thursday.
    The funeral will be next Saturday at the Church I attend.
    My family's getting through it.
    With God's help, I've been able to stand strong...continue on in life.
    I am very tired though. Haven't received much rest since about Monday. As I sit at my desk at work, I feel like snoozing. I'm just so very tired.
    Although I will truly miss my sibling, I'm ready to close this chapter in my life...move on. I understand that everything happens for a reason, even if we don't understand it.
    I'm just glad my sibling's at peace now...no more worries with the problems of the world.
    Thanks again all.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast