Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Help! Where should I move???

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    As far as ND and MN, I'd love to be closer to the Vikes, but those places really aren't that much warmer than Anchorage.

Tennessee is intriguing to me.
    This survey I filled out said that Chatanooga is my ideal living situation, but I've never been farther East than Michigan, so I'd have to scout it out first.
    Warmth is over rated. Today it hit 40 and after seemingly months of super cold it feels like a heat wave. I talk to my brother in Florida and he tells me it is cold, so I tell him the temperature here and he's like, "well it's not like cold enough for long sleeves or anything". Bastard.
    Texas might not be bad, but I've heard it gets really humid in the summers.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"marstc09" wrote:
    Suburbs of Atlanta.
    "Hot"lanta eh?
    I think I would like the South.
    Somebody I know played semi-pro hockey down their and he and his wife seemed to enjoy it.

What about places like AZ and NM?
    Does anyone live around there?
    Being a poker fanatic, I'm also wondering about places in Nevada besides Vegas.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I think several of us "regulars" here are going to go to Nashville to watch the Vikings play the Titans next year. Maybe that would be an ideal time to come down here.
    I'd love to...assuming I can get away from my internship at that time.

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Suburbs of Atlanta.
    "Hot"lanta eh?
    Somebody I know played semi-pro hockey down their and he and his wife seemed to enjoy it.

How about Utah, Eastern Utah? So are you looking for a rural or suburban setting? Town or Country?
    Tuco the world.....

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    As far as ND and MN, I'd love to be closer to the Vikes, but those places really aren't that much warmer than Anchorage.

Tennessee is intriguing to me.
    This survey I filled out said that Chatanooga is my ideal living situation, but I've never been farther East than Michigan, so I'd have to scout it out first.
    Warmth is over rated. Today it hit 40 and after seemingly months of super cold it feels like a heat wave. I talk to my brother in Florida and he tells me it is cold, so I tell him the temperature here and he's like, "well it's not like cold enough for long sleeves or anything". Bastard.
    Texas might not be bad, but I've heard it gets really humid in the summers.
    LOL.
    Believe me, I know all about cold.
    When it doesn't get above 30 below for a month, minus 10 feels like a heat wave.
    My brother visited Austin last Spring and loved it.
    Texas is definitely on my radar.
    I'm thinking when I have my certificate I'll try to take a long road trip and figure out where I want to settle down next.

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Suburbs of Atlanta.
    "Hot"lanta eh?

How about Utah, Eastern Utah? So are you looking for a rural or suburban setting? Town or Country?
    I've been to Salt Lake, and it was OK.
    No offense to any Mormons out there, but the influence they have on everything there kind of bugged me.
    I'm not too picky about town or country, but if I live in a place with a low population, I at least want to me within 30 miles of a fairly large town (like at least 50,000).

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Whatever you do, don't move here to Oregon. It's a terrible place. And there's poisonous things.
    8)

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    Grass Valley, CA! I live in the woods man! Awesome fishing, hunting, and naked hippie girls. The snow line is about 5 miles above town. Great schools. Mostly rain in the winter and a temp anywhere from 28 ( rare low) to 99 (high). Housing and gas are a bit high though. Look it up.
    There are just wild naked hippie girls wandering around in the woods?
    Do they get into your garden?
    I almost went to school in NoCal at a hippie college called Evergreen State.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Suburbs of Atlanta.
    "Hot"lanta eh?

I've been to Salt Lake, and it was OK.
    No offense to any Mormons out there, but the influence they have on everything there kind of bugged me.
    I'm not too picky about town or country, but if I live in a place with a low population, I at least want to me within 30 miles of a fairly large town (like at least 50,000).
    Arizona, definetly. I don't know the area but find the biggest town and then find a smaller town 30 miles away and you should be set. I could wake up every morning to the views out there, plus you can head up to Utah and find some great skiing.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

well, I am in Illinois, and currently a Secondary Ed. major. Avg. teaching salary here is around 58000 annual Minimum is 10000 annual, but the actual lowest is around 22000. highest is around 120000. I don't want to actually get out my notes that have the numbers in them, but we just went over them.
    There are alot of decent paying jobs out in the country schools. The cost of living is very reasonable compared with the salary for teachers in most of the state, but I would not want to try to support a family on only that salary, doable though. There are higher paying jobs in the Chicago 'burbs. Unless you desire a thankless job avoid far souther especially towards East St. Louis, and Chicago Public Schools. If you are interested in a moderate size city you ought to look near Rockford, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal or Springfield. Best advice would be to look for a power plant or large corporation in the district that will bring the EAV way up, without driving the housing out of reach. I know for a fact that Nuclear plants are great for this. Illinois has some of the most strict license requirements. make sure it will transfer to wherever you go. Our weather and such is pretty decent, i will not say good, but not too bad. Also, Missouri has a very low average teaching salary. I hope this helps a little.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast