Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Help Ole Marrdro Out My Friends

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087765
    If we (Pack) ever get our offensive line fixed, we are going to be good.
    Now thats a pimp job!
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If we (Pack) ever get our ref's bought off , the games will be fixed.

No kidding. Like that hasn't happened many, many time in the past already:laugh:

dfosterf is offline Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1087822

No kidding. Like that hasn't happened many, many time in the past already:laugh:
    Maybe Brett will take some of your cash and pay them off for us!:P

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/news/story_1549475054b1/

In an e-mail response to ESPN's Ed Werder, Favre said Monday that the Packers are "by far" the best team left in the NFL playoffs.

"[Packers QB] Aaron [Rodgers] is the best QB and the receiving corps is the best ever, maybe," Favre said in the e-mail. "But [defensive coordinator] Dom [Capers] and the defense gets the MVP award at this stage."

Rodgers, who's emergence made Favre expendable in Green Bay before the 2008 season, led the Packers to a dominant 48-21 win over the top-seeded Falcons on Saturday.

Favre officially filed retirement papers with the league Monday after two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings and one year with the New York Jets. The 41-year old Mississippi native originally retired in 2008 after the Packers decided to go with Rodgers as their starting quarterback.

However, Favre decided he wanted to return later in the year and was eventually traded to the Jets.

But Favre insisted he holds no grudges against the organization he was with for 16 seasons.

"There is no bitterness. I'm happy for them and very happy and content with my legacy," Favre told Werder.

Favre again chose to retire after the 2008 season, but signed with the rival Vikings in August 2009. Favre's decision alienated many of those Packers fans who once cheered his Lambeau Field heroics.

Still, Favre thinks this is the year for Green Bay to win its first Super Bowl since Favre and the Packers beat the New England Patriots in 1998 in Super Bowl XXXI.

"I think they will win it all! I hope they do, if you are wondering," Favre said in the e-mail

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087824
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1087822

Maybe Brett will take some of your cash and pay them off for us!:P

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/news/story_1549475054b1/

In an e-mail response to ESPN's Ed Werder, Favre said Monday that the Packers are "by far" the best team left in the NFL playoffs.

"[Packers QB] Aaron [Rodgers] is the best QB and the receiving corps is the best ever, maybe," Favre said in the e-mail. "But [defensive coordinator] Dom [Capers] and the defense gets the MVP award at this stage."

Rodgers, who's emergence made Favre expendable in Green Bay before the 2008 season, led the Packers to a dominant 48-21 win over the top-seeded Falcons on Saturday.

Favre officially filed retirement papers with the league Monday after two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings and one year with the New York Jets. The 41-year old Mississippi native originally retired in 2008 after the Packers decided to go with Rodgers as their starting quarterback.

However, Favre decided he wanted to return later in the year and was eventually traded to the Jets.

But Favre insisted he holds no grudges against the organization he was with for 16 seasons.

"There is no bitterness. I'm happy for them and very happy and content with my legacy," Favre told Werder.

Favre again chose to retire after the 2008 season, but signed with the rival Vikings in August 2009. Favre's decision alienated many of those Packers fans who once cheered his Lambeau Field heroics.

Still, Favre thinks this is the year for Green Bay to win its first Super Bowl since Favre and the Packers beat the New England Patriots in 1998 in Super Bowl XXXI.

"I think they will win it all! I hope they do, if you are wondering," Favre said in the e-mail
    I guess if you can't raise the cash on your own then it would be perfectly fine to ask him. We finally found a way to beat the piss out of him ,end his streak and send him to his retirement.All it took was to put him behind our OL. Maybe ol' ARod the cancer patient snubber can come over here to the better side of the river next year and we can retire him too.

Cancer patient snubber, lol. Now you're getting low. lol

That was even low for a pissed off Viking fan :P

Friggin' Florio.

I can't help you with a cancer patient snubber, but I got a late-rounder named Flynn that would be an upgrade...

And as to who has the worst line, I TOLD you guys your line was your achilles heel at the beginning of the year--Many started talking about your pro bowlers and stuff---

Still...

OUR line sucks too. In many ways worse than yours. (Now THAT is an argument worth having:P )

ZBS should be a felony, and Chad Clifton to the Pro-Bowl is more than a little embarassing-- I don't know which one is worse, but at least you have an AD-- You ought to feel how frustrating this game can be when you don't.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087839
    Cancer patient snubber, lol. Now you're getting low. lol

That was even low for a pissed off Viking fan :P

Friggin' Florio.

I can't help you with a cancer patient snubber, but I got a late-rounder named Flynn that would be an upgrade...

And as to who has the worst line, I TOLD you guys your line was your achilles heel at the beginning of the year--Many started talking about your pro bowlers and stuff---

Still...

OUR line sucks too. In many ways worse than yours. (Now THAT is an argument worth having:P )

ZBS should be a felony, and Chad Clifton to the Pro-Bowl is more than a little embarassing-- I don't know which one is worse, but at least you have an AD-- You ought to feel how frustrating this game can be when you don't.
    Wasn't Flynn second round? Or was he third.

He was a 7th round pick. He beat out our 2nd round pick, Brian Brohm, who at the time was called by many "The most NFL-ready QB in the draft."

lol

We put Brohm on our practice squad (think bust) - Brohm was signed off our PS squad by Buffalo.

:P NOW :P Flynn is a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

(He really IS in that discussion, btw--- as in a possible trade and the range)

Florio just apologized for his accusation, btw.

I don't think he has ever apologized for anything prior to this...for anything at all...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/18/an-apology-to-aaron-rodgers-packers-fans-and-jan-cavanaugh/

It was big of him to man up.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087921
    Florio just apologized for his accusation, btw.

I don't think he has ever apologized for anything prior to this...for anything at all...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/18/an-apology-to-aaron-rodgers-packers-fans-and-jan-cavanaugh/

It was big of him to man up.
    Kind of a lame apology if you ask me. He writes an entire article DEFENDING his actions by explaining how easily he was lead astray. He then shows his lack of sincerity by explaining how no one made him apologize...."What a big man am I".

Finally, he tries to paint himself as a victim with the "Once my anger at being wrongfully accused of running a payola scheme subsided and my Italian nature to never give in wore off, I realized that I felt bad." statement.

Basically, Florio is a douche. All he had to do was SAY SO, and set an example. Instead, he tried to spin it for mileage to show how enlightened he is, and he wound up with a BS self-serving apology.

That's almost worse than saying nothing at all.

Caine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234