Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Help Ole Marrdro Out My Friends

Usually Wildman and I win a couple in our "Pay" football pool. To date, Wildman has won one, but I haven't.

Having said that, I'm looking for some help (jokes are welcome). I just have to pick the team that is gonna win and provide two tie breakers for the Pukers Iggles game.

1. Saints vs Seachickens. I'm taking the Saints. No big explanation needed.

2. Jets vs Colts. I'm taking the Colts.

Mostly because of how the Jets have played of late and Mannings experience in the playoffs mixed with how they ended the year by putting a nice winning streak together to get in. They have improved in the running game and are starting to get better stopping the run.

3. KC vs Ravens. This is the one I'm struggling with. I love how the KC's offense has looked this year, but when you compare thier matchups this year with who the Ravens have faced, I think the better team is the Ravens. Mix in the Ravens defense and experience in the playoffs. In the end, I'm taking the Ravens.

4. Pukers vs Iggles. I'm taking the Pukers. Don't think its hard to see who will win. Whats hard is to figure out two figures as this is our "Tie Breaker".

I need to come up with a total points. I am picking 52. They played to a 20 vs 27 score earlier in the year. I think the PUKERS offense is on a roll and Vick, struggled late, will cough it up a couple of times.

I also need to come up with total return yards (punts and kickoffs). I'm going with 235. A bit lower that the score, but remember the total score has a couple of defensive scores in it.

Again, help and jokes are welcome. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Help Ole Marrdro Out My Friends

ok, so a catholic priest and a rabbi see a little boy walking down the street...

wait, I guess they can't be too inappropriate.... hmm.. I've got nothing.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I have: Jets, Ravens, Eagles, Saints.

I like the Jets because they are much more talented than the colts, outside of the QB position, of course. Manning can't pick on their #2 and 3 corners this year. No Dallas Clark so their lack of safeties doesn't really concern me that much. I think so long as the Jets employ a similar strategy to last year, run the ball, throw when you have to, or if you catch the D with their pants down, they'll pull it out.

I like Baltimore because of KC's total lack of playoff experience, not much more to say about this one.

I like New Orleans because Seattle sucks.

I like the Eagles because the Packers defense is really banged up, when Vick buys himself some time, he'll find Maclin and Jackson down field for big plays. The Eagles just need to double Matthews and Vick shouldn't have much trouble evading pass rushers.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1087137
    I have: Jets, Ravens, Eagles, Saints.

I like the Jets because they are much more talented than the colts, outside of the QB position, of course. Manning can't pick on their #2 and 3 corners this year. No Dallas Clark so their lack of safeties doesn't really concern me that much. I think so long as the Jets employ a similar strategy to last year, run the ball, throw when you have to, or if you catch the D with their pants down, they'll pull it out.

I like Baltimore because of KC's total lack of playoff experience, not much more to say about this one.

I like New Orleans because Seattle sucks.

I like the Eagles because the Packers defense is really banged up, when Vick buys himself some time, he'll find Maclin and Jackson down field for big plays. The Eagles just need to double Matthews and Vick shouldn't have much trouble evading pass rushers.

I'm taking Colts-Ravens-Eagles-Saints. Everyone is slobbering all over the Pukers but I think they will get destroyed by Vick and will not be able to contain him. Seatle will not hold up. Colts have been here so many times recently, I can't see them blowing it against the Jets.
    The Raven's will handle KC and the D will shut KC down. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. I will go out on a limb and say that the Raven's make the super bowl.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Jets-Ravens-Saints-Eagles.

Eagles-Packers score: 31-28
    Return yards (I assume combined between the teams): 305
    We're bringing purple back.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Jets, Ravens, Eagles, Seahawks

Seahawks-Saints: 27-20
    I know NO is better, but I'm just hoping the Madden Curse decides to pay them a visit that game.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Picking the Packers is just wrong for someone who "hates them so much".

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Take every bit of information you can get on the subject, inject your own personal opinion and then choose the exact opposite and you will be spot on.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Ravens - although KC is one tough road win.

Colts - I'm not convinced the Jets can keep up on the scoreboard. This year is very different though, the Colts don't have Clark. Therefore, Revis will be locked on Wayne the entire game (last time he shifted to Clark on 3rd downs). That said, home field is a bit of a neutralizer for the Jets D...and, I've got to take Manning over Sanchez.

Saints - in a whitewash.

Packers - Vick is stating he's 100% all over the local media. I'm not buying it. Packers defense has two more stops than the Eagles defense in a high scoring affair. Although, this one could go either way IMO. Tie breaker points...I also like 31-28.

Good luck Marr...those are my bets in our "pool."

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1087184
    Take every bit of information you can get on the subject, inject your own personal opinion and then choose the exact opposite and you will be spot on.
    Best advice I've seen on the site to date!
    None

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast