PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Help Me Trekkies...

Star Trek: Nemesis... I enjoyed the movie, but didn't understand one thing. Why did Picard's cloned pal have such a hard on for destroying Earth and the Federation? The Romulans cloned him, aborted the mission and then put him on that Godforsaken mining colony to die, not Terrans. So why did the plot have them coming after us????
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Re: Help Me Trekkies...

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    Star Trek: Nemesis... I enjoyed the movie, but didn't understand one thing. Why did Picard's cloned pal have such a hard on for destroying Earth and the Federation? The Romulans cloned him, aborted the mission and then put him on that Godforsaken mining colony to die, not Terrans. So why did the plot have them coming after us????
    :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
    What? No one saw the movie, or you all are as mentally stunted as me???
    :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
    Edmund Burke

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Help Me Trekkies...

Saw it. Mentally stunted. I'm consulting my other Trekkie friends. I'll get back to ya.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Help Me Trekkies...

We couldn't figure it out. That's just too DEEP. :lol: I even questioned my ultimate Trekkie friend in AZ. He didn't know either. He said, however, that he will consult with his buddies at the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas, the next time he's there, and let us know.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Help Me Trekkies...

He wanted to kill Pickard because he knew he was a clone, and he could not stand the idea of there being another human like him.

The reason he wanted to kill the other humans was that the Romulans made him, and they instilled in him a hate for humans.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Help Me Trekkies...

"SKOL" wrote:
    We couldn't figure it out. That's just too DEEP. :lol: I even questioned my ultimate Trekkie friend in AZ. He didn't know either. He said, however, that he will consult with his buddies at the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas, the next time he's there, and let us know.
    The Star Trek Experience at the Hilton? Great place! Drank some Romulan Ale (highly illegal blue beer) and tried to pick up a Klingon wench! If any of you get to Lost Wages, check it out. Great fun.
    Edmund Burke

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Help Me Trekkies...

Okay, y'all are way more Trekkie than I can ever dream of being. But...

I remember reading one thing criticizing the screenplay for Nemesis. It was under a lot of scrutiny because they let the guy who wrote "Gladiator", which was a very visual movie without a whole lotta plot, write this movie without a lot of backstory or knowedge of the Star Trek Universe.

So, there were a lot of inconsistencies, and from what I hear, the Klingons at the Vegas thing were really upset about it.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Help Me Trekkies...

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Okay, y'all are way more Trekkie than I can ever dream of being. But...

I remember reading one thing criticizing the screenplay for Nemesis. It was under a lot of scrutiny because they let the guy who wrote "Gladiator", which was a very visual movie without a whole lotta plot, write this movie without a lot of backstory or knowedge of the Star Trek Universe.

So, there were a lot of inconsistencies, and from what I hear, the Klingons at the Vegas thing were really upset about it.
    The movie did seem like there was "something" missing in the plot. But then again, I am mentally stunted 8) The Star Trek thing at the Hilton is very cool. Museum, a couple of great interactive rides, a great bar/restaraunt (Quark's) and a shopping area where you can buy about anything imaginable about Star Trek. Including cases of Romulan Ale! I have a photo of me working my magic with the Klingon babe, but I won't post it. Inferior00BarFly is lurking and waiting to get back at me...
    Edmund Burke

Help Me Trekkies...

Has anyone heard from Inferior Barfly? He wasn't banned, was he?

Help Me Trekkies...

"SKOL" wrote:
    Has anyone heard from Inferior Barfly? He wasn't banned, was he?
    I don't believe he was banned. He posts occasionally if someone hits his button, or when he has an opinion. I don't always agree with him, but he backs up his opinions with well reasoned logic... for a Cheesehead!!! :P Where are you Inferior??????
    Edmund Burke