Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Help me settle an argument

    My wife and I have lived in Florida for 3 years.
    I'm from Minnesota born and raised.
    I've been a Viking fan my entire life (born and raised).
    My wife is an immigrant so she didn't know the NFL until she moved here.
    We lived in Minnesota with me for 5 years.
    We have been together for a total of 11 years and she knows I care about the Vikings more than anything.


    Next year the Vikings play Jacksonville in Florida.
    She said if we go to the game, she will wear a Jacksonville jersey.
    I said if that happens, I will feel disrespected.


    My question to everybody is.


    Should I feel disrespected? Please try to be non-biased and honest.

  2. #2
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Help me settle an argument

    No..

    She supports her home team

    Is she a Jag fan? Or does she want to be a Vike fan cuz u are?

    My girl likes the cowboys.. And I just say whatever

  3. #3
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Help me settle an argument

    "V4L" wrote:
    No..

    She supports her home team

    Is she a Jag fan? Or does she want to be a Vike fan cuz u are?

    My girl likes the cowboys.. And I just say whatever
    Since we moved here she has cheered for the Jags but doesn't watch all the games.


    In Minnesota she cheered for the Vikes.


    For some reason I feel disrespected but thats why I posted the question here.


    I am looking for some friendly advice.


    This conversation has gone on for 2 weeks....

  4. #4
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: Help me settle an argument



    If the jags are a team that she likes and cheers for, then no.....If it's another team that she likes and she's going to wear the Jags shirt just to bust your ass....I"de say,
    Honey, I'm going to go get ua a couple of drinks before the kickoff,
    then go hide our and watch the game somewhere else in the stadium...... ;D




    Go back at the end of the fourth and say, Dam that was a big line....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  5. #5
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Help me settle an argument

    I wouldn't sweat it man

  6. #6
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Help me settle an argument

    Nope, she is right & you are wrong. That's the team she chose & you should respect that, if you can't convert her.

    You've been married long enough to know.........

    If a man is a lone in a forest & there is not another woman around to hear him speak, he is still wrong.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #7
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Help me settle an argument

    "V4L" wrote:
    I wouldn't sweat it man
    Man I really sweat it.
    For some reason, I feel so disrespected.
    This is my team and she can't support me in my time of need.


    I don't know, maybe I'm too passionate.

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Help me settle an argument

    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I wouldn't sweat it man
    Man I really sweat it.
    For some reason, I feel so disrespected.
    This is my team and she can't support me in my time of need.


    I don't know, maybe I'm too passionate.
    Maybe you should be more passionate to your wife & let her decide which team she supports.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #9
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Help me settle an argument

    "singersp" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I wouldn't sweat it man
    Man I really sweat it.
    For some reason, I feel so disrespected.
    This is my team and she can't support me in my time of need.


    I don't know, maybe I'm too passionate.
    Maybe you should be more passionate to your wife & let her decide which team she supports.
    Thats my point and I left this part out.

    I don't think she is being passionate to me.
    My family is from the same country she is from, but a different region.


    If her team plays my team in soccer (They play next week), I will cheer for her team.
    It's where she grew up and its all about respect.


    I grew up in Minnesota, so I wasn't born there.


    I'm just trying to be fair.


    I will sit out of this conversation after this, I just needed to add that part.

  10. #10
    faninphx's Avatar
    faninphx is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    230

    Re: Help me settle an argument

    I say if your wife digs football you are WAY ahead of the game anyways.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Time to settle this: Who's the best DT?
    By HEY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 05:07 PM
  2. Argument over paying for gas leads to arrests
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 03:00 PM
  3. Speedy Williamson starting to settle in
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 12:36 AM
  4. Argument Over Last Beer Ends With Robbery
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 03:57 AM
  5. score to settle
    By PapaBearHalas in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 01:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •