Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Hello Mr. _____________, glad to meet you.

I worked for a courier in Atlanta a few years back. One of my company's clients was Fran Tarkenton. I used to love making that run; but, the man was always so busy, and usually talking on the phone, that I hardly had a chance to speak with him. He did autograph an old football card though. I kinda just set it on his desk while he was talking, and he looked up for a sec and then signed it. His office had all kinds of cool Viking stuff in it, as you might imagine. Including his helmet and jersey. I've actually met a lot of celebrities through out the years. Musicians when I was in Rock and Roll promotions; and now, I work for Customs, so I see a bunch of em. Once, as an Immigration officer in Miami, we removed a certain famous German tennis player from the US, due to his tax evasion conviction. He was a very amiable person, even though we were booting him out of the country, and signed autographs for everyone.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

For one summer I worked out in a gym where Bruce Smith and SweatPea Whitaker were members here in Va Beach. I never had the balls to ask them for autographs though when they were working out.

I used to travel a lot for work, and I saw a number of folks rolling through airports.
    Goldberg (former wrestling champ) looked like a giant.
    Lee Corso was talking with an AirForce pilot who had stopped him.
    Charles Oakley former Knicks player, but none of these guys I actually spoke to or stopped.

I did catch Barry Sanders off gaurd one day, and had him sign a novel I was reading at the time.
    He reluctantly signed it, but acted like "Please don't make a scene here."

My biggest claim to fame was when I was on a red-eye flight from Seattle to Atlanta one day back in '98 or '99.
    I was sitting in first class and there was one seat left next to me.
    The last person to get on the plane was non other than George Steinbrenner.
    He had one of his huge ass WS rings on, and was very amicable considering it was 11:30 at night.
    He had just finished up some owners meeting and couldn't charter a flight or something.

I didn't ask for an autograph, but talked to him for about 30 minutes until the double Maker's Marks put me to sleep.
    I asked him about Donny Baseball, and how he was doing.
    I also started to ask him a couple of quirky questions like how he felt about Jeter.
    This was right at the time when Jeter was dating Maria Carey.
    He kinda scoffed and said he needed to keep his head into baseball not girls. LOL

The best was my last question which was about his character on Seinfeld.
    He laughed and said it was all in good fun, no one got hurt, and he doesn't really pay attention to it too much.
    That was when I left him off the hook, and basically passed out.

All in all he was pretty cool about the whole thing.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    My biggest claim to fame was when I was on a red-eye flight from Seattle to Atlanta one day back in '98 or '99.
    I was sitting in first class and there was one seat left next to me.
    The last person to get on the plane was non other than George Steinbrenner.
    He had one of his huge ass WS rings on, and was very amicable considering it was 11:30 at night.

He had just finished up some owners meeting and couldn't charter a flight or something.
    And this jogs my memory about another close encounter.

1989, Senior year in college.
    My buddies and I travelled up to our arch-rival, Williams College for our annual hatefest with those assholes, otherwise known as The Game.
    As we stood in the parking lot, tailgating before the game, some old dude came walking between the cars and started to walk right through our group of friends.

It was Steinbrenner.
    He's a Williams alum (which should tell you all you need to know about the quality of person who attends Williams College).

Suddenly, my buddy Rob starts chanting "George Must Go!"
    Remember, this is the late 80s, before the Torre-Jeter-Bernie Williams era, and the Yankees hadn't won shit since the late 70s.
    Of course, we all joined in on the chant - "George Must Go!
    George Must Go!"
    And he was stuck - and outnumbered.
    He grimaced and slowly worked his way through our group, but not before we were able to get in quite a bit of taunting.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    And this jogs my memory about another close encounter.
    And that jogged my memory about another close encounter....

1991 - I headed up to Amherst for the graduation of some friends.
    After the ceremony, tents and tables were set up on the Valentine Quad for lunch.
    My buddies and I grabbed a free table (there weren't very many) and set in to eat and bullshit.
    After about 10 minutes, a lady comes walking up and asks if she could send her family over to sit in the unused seats at our table (table sat 10, we had 4).
    We said, sure, no problem and went back to our BS-ing.

About 5 minutes later, this guy comes walking up with a plastic tray full of college food and said, "Um, I think my wife asked if we could sit here....?"
    We said, "Yup" and turned to look - it was Paul Tagliabue.

Needless to say, we started to pepper him with questions and he was pretty cool about it, giving some pat answers.
    Once his family showed up, we left him alone, but it was sweet to talk with the NFL Commish, if only for a couple minutes.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Here's a picture of Geena Davis and I while we were in the movie "Thelma & Louise." This photo was taken in 1991.
    [img width=450 height=467]http://www.huntingforums.com/photopost/data/500/Genna_Davis_And_I.bmp[/img]
    You're on TV tonight, COJO. I have the movie turned on right now. I'm watching for you & tuned into the movie on TVLand.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Nooks is offline Starter

Hung with Barry Bonds one day at John Cangelosi's house (friend of the family...used to play in the MLB). He was a jerk back then too!

Ate lunch with Ray Liotta at O'Hare airport.

Met Dennis Rodman while trying out for the Luvabulls a few years ago.

Grew up with a few members of the band Disturbed so I have met a few guys from popular bands that I have never heard of cus I dont listen to that kind of music.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

dang some of you guys have quite a few. the best story i have is that i grew up going to the arch-rival school of eagles starting saftey Sean Considine. I was in Jr hi while he was their big high school hero. he played both ways because all the good athletes do in our small schools. I havent got to meet him yet, but i have met his sister.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Just got reminded of another meeting I had...

I was living up in Rochester, MN 4 or 5 years ago with my fiancee-at-the-time, and we were at a hockey game with her Dad and a couple of her brothers.
    Well, I learned earlier that her Dad was a big fan of pro-wrestiling, and a HUGE fan of "Mr. Perfect" Kurt Hennig.

Lo and behold, guess who's watching the same hockey game we were?
    LOL
    I took that as a big, flashing neon sign as a way to get in good with the future in-laws, so I went up and told him about my fiancee's Dad being such a huge fan of his, and would he mind having a picture taken with him?

He happily agreed, I found my fiancee's Dad, and told him there was someone there he might like to meet.
    The look on his face was priceless when he saw Mr. Perfect, and I thought he was gonna have a heart attack right there when he found out he was going to have a picture taken with him...

Needless to say, I scored MAJOR points with the future in-laws that night.
    LOL
    Oh, and when I first met Kurt and shook his hand, he had a grip that almost brought tears to my eyes.
    Wow!

================================================== ============

Also...my Dad almost got into a fight with the actor Steve McQueen way back in the day...I guess McQueen was kind of rude to my Dad, and he didn't take kindly to it, "regardless of who that prick thought he was"
    LOL
    Then they had beers with each other afterwards.
    ;D

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456