Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

The Heaviest 2.5 lbs.

So tonight I was lifting weights in my basement, and I was taking plates off of my bar. I had just finished maxing out and I was going to put the weights back on the rack and head upstairs. As I was pulling a 12.5 pound plate off, something smashed my toe. I had no idea what it was. I looked down and saw a 2.5 lb. plate on the floor and I realised that this must have been on the end of the bar when I went to slide off the other weights.

You wouldn't think that 2 1/2 pounds would hurt that much, but it's possibly the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. Right on my big toe, pretty sure it's broken.

Anyone else had a bad experience in the weight room. I've been icing it all night and would love to hear a story to help pass the time. Thanks.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: The Heaviest 2.5 lbs.

ouch...

one time i was doing incline after a hard day in the weight room.. my friend had me do much more than i could normally handle, much less tired.. needless to say the bar had a quick meeting with my chest, then it rolled down to me---

well, i dont much like the weight room
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Ouch! I've had a few runins with some weights...but never anything like that.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

i had a team mate, who was the kicker by the way, and first off, don't ask me why he was in the weight room in the first place. but he was trying to be cool, and remember this is a kicker, so he jumped on the bench right as the QB (also not exactly the strongest guy) got up. The K was being all *tough* and started to do reps at whatever pansy weight the QB was at, and he wasn't having a particularly easy time. after about 6, he dropped the bar. literally, he dropped the bar. On his face. 7 false teeth.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Heh, I've found out that anything that's heavy enough to make somewhat of a big thud when it's the ground will hurt if it lands on you're foot.

As I said in another thread, There is alot of misfortune going around in PP.O lately...Hmm possibly a curse here at PP.O? o.O

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

broken a few toes in my lifetime,,that sucks, worst part is u can do nothing for them, other than taping them together to limit the movement. good luck lol

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Yeah ive had weights slide off onto my feet before. hurts like hell, luckily i had some good shoes on!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I've heard stories but never actually witnessed them.

1. While laying on a bench using dumbbell free weights a guy everytime when he brought the dumbbells up over his face would clang them together. A big no no! As he clanged them together somehow one of them broke and of course fell on his face and knocked out a few teeth!

2. While taking weights off of a bench press bar someone took all of the weight off of one side first. Another big no no. As they took the last plate off the bar went flying up and nailed the person in the jaw, broke their jaw and knocked out teeth.

The weightroom is no place to screw up in!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Ouch, a can of soup probably hurts just as much

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Stubbing your toes hurts, I couldn't imagine a 2.5 lb weight falling from about three feet!! It hurts just thinking about it!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast