Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Heath Ledger found dead

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Knight's Tale was awesome!

RIP Heath.

I second that.
    :'( A Knight's Tale is my favorite movie and Heath Ledger was a really great actor. He was my favorite actor. I will miss him. I can't believe how insensitive some people are being toward his death. It's a real tragedy and some people say who cares and crack jokes because he was a mature enough actor to star in Brokeback Mountain. I'm not singling out people on this sites but on several sites people have no sympathy for his death.

:'( RIP Heath Ledge
    :'(
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

truly tragic.
    the new batman was on my must see list this summer, now even more.
    I do hope that this acts as a GIANT wake up call to the actor/musician/athletes of the world.
    not even a week ago brad renfro probably overdosed and now this.
    when will they realize that dope/drugs, over the counter or not are a one way ticket.
    great actor/father/son taken before his prime.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"Garland" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Its sad, but a couple days back I saw the preview of the joker and thought wow, he looks a lot like a young
    Brandon Lee from the crow.
    Little did I know how close that revelation would be.

I also thought he was a good actor.
    One of our generations young and up and comers.

Mike
    Can defiantly see the resemblance btween the 2 in the make-up

[img width=450 height=611]http://photos.imageevent.com/batmanonfilm/thedarkknightimages/websize/TDK_joker-full_12-8-07.jpg[/img]

Both died when they were 28 . . . freaky!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Lee
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

R.I.P.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Far to young to have passed from this earth. What a shame. Thoughts and Prayers to his friends and family.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Knight's Tale was awesome!

RIP Heath.

I second that.
    :'( A Knight's Tale is my favorite movie and Heath Ledger was a really great actor. He was my favorite actor. I will miss him. I can't believe how insensitive some people are being toward his death. It's a real tragedy and some people say who cares and crack jokes because he was a mature enough actor to star in Brokeback Mountain. I'm not singling out people on this sites but on several sites people have no sympathy for his death.

:'( RIP Heath Ledge
    :'(

Also one of my favorite movies. Such a shame to lose someone so young and talented.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"Garland" wrote:
    Its all good Mike, I actually am extremely dissapointed on this one. He was actually a great actor and I am very disappointed that another young actor has died. Especially one with so much potential.
    There has been some talk about one of the reasons that
    this happened was because of his role in the movie. I really hope it was not the case. believe it or not the wife really wanted to go so I went along with her and actually thought the movie was pretty good. Was by far the most uncomfortable movies I have ever sat through but I guess I like any movie that challenges the norm for what os considered right and wrong in Hollywood and does a good job of it. I was also really excited once I found he was set to play the Joker.
    Its a tough role to play especially after Nicholson was by far one of the best Villains ever. I just hope that the critics feel the same way when TDK comes out. I would be very disappointed if the Movie got ripped and it was his last performance.
    Garland, I felt the same way...saw the movie and it was very uncomfortable to watch. It took a helluva lot of balls for him to do it. If it is a suicide, I hope it's not because of this role (I really don't think so). I happen to think it would be due to the split with his wife and daughter.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

It is sad when anyone dies. However, I am a little disappointed in how much attention an actor's death gets. I have known many amazing people who are no longer with us, and they never got so much as a whisper on the public access channels.

Now I'm not saying we should make a big deal over every death.

I'm just pointing out how skewed our society's priorities are.

That said, R.I.P.
    -Sno

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    It is sad when anyone dies. However, I am a little disappointed in how much attention an actor's death gets. I have known many amazing people who are no longer with us, and they never got so much as a whisper on the public access channels.

That said, R.I.P.
    Agree.

I guess it's impressive to memorize lines that someone else wrote.
    It's sad when anyone dies, especially when they're young.
    Rarely is there a mention of young men and women that die every day serving the country, but a movie star dies and the press is saturated with their 'contributions' to society.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

That said, R.I.P.

I would assume a lot of it has to do with the fact that they are so "well known", even though their fans have probably never met them, and know little about who they really are. It's incredible to me how many people live their lives vicariously through actors or celebrities. That said, I agree that many "amazing" people don't get their just due.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast