Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HEAT WIN!!!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: HEAT WIN!!!

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Doesn't matter if it went to 7 games or not.. No math needed..

Sure game 7's are more exciting.. But the games were a fricking bore thru-out.. Most weren't close and the teams didn't play all that hard it seemed like to me.. I've seen better regular season games with more intensity..

It was amazing seeing D-wade take the games into his hands.. And how intense the games got.. And how close they were at the end

And for the crowds.. Who cares.. I wasn't there to experience that

One Love
    They were a bore? Last time I checked apart from the two blowouts every game was exciting. And since the NHL is one of the most grueling sports (unlike the overpayed NBA) the players will naturally get tired, hence the blowouts.

Watch the emotion of a hockey player when he raises the stanley cup above his head and kisses it. I don't see that same emotion when NBA players play the sport... or in any other pro sport for that matter. It used to be there in the 80's and 90's. Nowadays it's gone. To me it seems like the only thing these players care about is their next paycheck.

I'm really disappointed that the Mavericks lost this series. I feel they had this series and after they blew the lead late in game 3, they never fully recovered. The officiating was pretty inconsistent to put it nicely. I hate seeing a team go to the free throw line 50 times and also win it at the line. Good luck to the Mavericks next season!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

It's a matter of opinion.. I think hockey has pretty much turned into wrestling on ice.. But it's still cool..

I didn't like the two teams playing really.. Well Canes I liked cuz of the offensive powerhouse.. But Edmonton expecially after Roli went down I didn't think it would be a good series.. And yah I didn't see much intensity except for a few big hits

I can't say the NBA series was too intense either.. But I did like how exciting it got at the end of the games and into O.T and what not..

I really think there were ppl there for the ring not just the money.. I.E. Gary Payton.. D-Wade.. Etc.. But I could be wrong.. I don't know them..

All around im a bigger B-ball fan.. So my opinon may be a little bias.. But it's how I feel.. NBA series was better

One Love

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    It's a matter of opinion.. I think hockey has pretty much turned into wrestling on ice.. But it's still cool..

I didn't like the two teams playing really.. Well Canes I liked cuz of the offensive powerhouse.. But Edmonton expecially after Roli went down I didn't think it would be a good series.. And yah I didn't see much intensity except for a few big hits

I can't say the NBA series was too intense either.. But I did like how exciting it got at the end of the games and into O.T and what not..

I really think there were ppl there for the ring not just the money.. I.E. Gary Payton.. D-Wade.. Etc.. But I could be wrong.. I don't know them..

All around im a bigger B-ball fan.. So my opinon may be a little bias.. But it's how I feel.. NBA series was better

One Love
    Statement one.. Idiocy.

Statement two.. the series was exciting because a backup goalie (Jussi Markannen) was still able to make a series exciting. He had a shutout in one game and was fabulous for the entire series. You don't see benchwarmers coming into NBA games and playing insane.

Statement three.. Yes they were there for the ring.. so that they could sell it on Ebay to add to their paycheck. :razz: They may have been there for the ring but none of them had the same HEART that any of the hockey players had. Many sports fans will agree with me that NHL players want to win more than any other sports player. It's a different kind of emotion.

Well it's not worth arguing because it is opinion. I just cant see how you would think it was a lot more exciting.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

One Love
    Statement one.. Idiocy.

Statement two.. the series was exciting because a backup goalie (Jussi Markannen) was still able to make a series exciting. He had a shutout in one game and was fabulous for the entire series. You don't see benchwarmers coming into NBA games and playing insane.

Statement three.. Yes they were there for the ring.. so that they could sell it on Ebay to add to their paycheck. :razz: They may have been there for the ring but none of them had the same HEART that any of the hockey players had. Many sports fans will agree with me that NHL players want to win more than any other sports player. It's a different kind of emotion.

Well it's not worth arguing because it is opinion. I just cant see how you would think it was a lot more exciting.

Statement one was fine.. Refs sit there and watch the fights and chuckle..

Statement Two.. Good for Markanen.. Same could be said for the bench players on the NBA squads.. Payton was HUGE in game 5.. Stackhouse.. Posey.. All huge in the series

Statement 3.. I don't see how u think they have more heart.. They all love the games they play the same.. Did u see Dirk after they lost? He was heart broken..

And yes I agree it's pointless to argue.. We really aren't arguing anything..

One Love

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Congrats HEAT!!!!

Yea for GP

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

WOOOOOOO!!! ANTOINE WALKER FINALLY AN NBA CHAMPION
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Wow.. Good game but NBA basketball is just not what it used to be. No offense to the NBA fans out there but it used to be a lot more exciting in the 90's. Congrats to the heat.
    yeah i completely agree!! I loved watching the old Bulls when they were good!! Anyway, it was a good series, all that off court problems added to the drama!!! I was kinda wishing for a game 7, but i did want the Heat to win!!! FINALLY Gary Payton gets his Championship!!! Same with Mourning!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Congrats to the heat but i really feel like the mavs got ripped off through officiating, esp game five.

I have never seen so many non-fouls called. I know the mavs foul a lot but the refs really gave the heat their home court advantage. 49 free throws to 25 is really ridiculous.

The foul no dirk in game six, there was no foul. If there was it was on wade for pushing off.

Granted there were some bad calls against the heat as well but dallas was really on the bad end of officiating. I think it played a big outcome and changed the series in game 5.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Heat had never won and NBA title
    Hurricanes had never won the stanley cup
    Vikings will win Super Bowl XLI

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast