Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Heat wave will boost power use, strain utilities

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    another benefir of living in canada(specifically manitoba). due to the ginormous lakes of lake winnipeg , lake manitoba, winnipegosis, cedar, and others we have giaganic systems of rushing rivers which then flow into hudsons bay. since the power comany in manitoba is a crown corp(owned by goverment) it gets government funding to build hydro dams. the result, exess electricity which we sell at increadible marked up prices to the states and ontario. with that money our electricity prices go even lower, resulting in the fact that i've never heard about an energy crisis here, and like i've stated, dirt cheap and steady rates compared to most other places. :grin: gotta love it, and the government is still building more dams, which means more money for manitoba. in your face alberta, our energy resoruse is renewable. in 100years manitoba will be prospering while alberta slumps after the loss of all their oil :grin: i love canada, especially it's government run companies which drive down prices of things
    I love Canada for its wonderful Walleye fishing!!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    another benefir of living in canada(specifically manitoba). due to the ginormous lakes of lake winnipeg , lake manitoba, winnipegosis, cedar, and others we have giaganic systems of rushing rivers which then flow into hudsons bay. since the power comany in manitoba is a crown corp(owned by goverment) it gets government funding to build hydro dams. the result, exess electricity which we sell at increadible marked up prices to the states and ontario. with that money our electricity prices go even lower, resulting in the fact that i've never heard about an energy crisis here, and like i've stated, dirt cheap and steady rates compared to most other places. :grin: gotta love it, and the government is still building more dams, which means more money for manitoba. in your face alberta, our energy resoruse is renewable. in 100years manitoba will be prospering while alberta slumps after the loss of all their oil :grin: i love canada, especially it's government run companies which drive down prices of things
    I have one of these so you know what you can do with your electricity! :wink:

Those are great as long as they hook them up right. One of them that was put up near Minot, ND was hooked up backwards so it was taking electricity away instead of providing it.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

btw, they're building windfarms in the prarie parts of the province too. gotta love our endless amounts of renewable energy

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

now tell me, what do you do when the wind stops blowing??

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

now tell me, what do you do when the wind stops blowing??
    Three words: Leaf Blower

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    Oh sure they want us to conserve. Obviously another dastardly Bush plan. He is just trying to turn us all into conservers and then into total conservatives. Its all a Republican plot to get people thinking they are being conservative. I stand for the progressive use of energy liberally applied to my AC.

The sky is falling the sky is falling.

Lock this thread right now before it spins out of control and we start talking about energy issues again like the gas thread did. Don't you realize that we can't discuss anything but sports and half nakid women on this forum without getting in trouble? :razz: :roll: :razz:
    Why this? ^
    Sorry I was ticked off that the recent thread on gas got locked for political comments. I was actually enjoying reading the different opinions on some of the new mixtures being used or proposed. But then a couple of posts ruined it for all. Maybe we could just ban the offending posters for a week instead of just locking the threads out. I have been on boards where they will do that. They send an email asking them to cool it. If they don't their IP# is banned for a period of time.

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

btw, they're building windfarms in the prarie parts of the province too. gotta love our endless amounts of renewable energy

:scratch: Huh? You act like you're the only country that has water & wind! :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

We have huge wind farms here in CA. This is a great place to find feathers of all kinds. :wink: You have to admit that visually they are not the most attractive view sheds.

WWBGD

Prophet Guest

"RK." wrote:

We have huge wind farms here in CA. This is a great place to find feathers of all kinds. :wink: You have to admit that visually they are not the most attractive view sheds.
    Don Quixote would have a tough time fighting all those giants.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"RK." wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    Oh sure they want us to conserve. Obviously another dastardly Bush plan. He is just trying to turn us all into conservers and then into total conservatives. Its all a Republican plot to get people thinking they are being conservative. I stand for the progressive use of energy liberally applied to my AC.

The sky is falling the sky is falling.

Lock this thread right now before it spins out of control and we start talking about energy issues again like the gas thread did. Don't you realize that we can't discuss anything but sports and half nakid women on this forum without getting in trouble? :razz: :roll: :razz:
    Why this? ^
    Sorry I was ticked off that the recent thread on gas got locked for political comments. I was actually enjoying reading the different opinions on some of the new mixtures being used or proposed. But then a couple of posts ruined it for all. Maybe we could just ban the offending posters for a week instead of just locking the threads out. I have been on boards where they will do that. They send an email asking them to cool it. If they don't their IP# is banned for a period of time.
    It's funny that we cannot have an intelligent conversation without entering politics into it. And, 98% of the time the person is a repeat offender and is usually the one to get the thread locked.

Peer pressure is a good thing also. If I delete posts, then I am a Nazi. If I ban a member for a week, I am a Nazi. Webby has a policy of no politics and the best way to be fair is to shut it down.

What also strikes me as funny is the fact that so many people who chime in do not know squat. They see high gas prices and immediately blame a certain political figure head when they do not realize the vastness of world economics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast