Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Heat wave will boost power use, strain utilities

Re: Heat wave will boost power use, strain utilities

Makes sense, I guess I'll just have to turn off the Particle Accelerator and Flux Capacitor I have in my basement...:lol:

Seriously, If you want a good way to cool off and dont want to leave the A/C on, get one of those $60 swimming pools to swim in. They rock! (or just go to the beach...)
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

just turn shit off when you leave the room and no one would be having this conversation lol

its that with the combination of all the A/C use etc thats the problem, not the A/C alone

(pretty sure my TV is on upstairs btw)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Oh sure they want us to conserve. Obviously another dastardly Bush plan. He is just trying to turn us all into conservers and then into total conservatives. Its all a Republican plot to get people thinking they are being conservative. I stand for the progressive use of energy liberally applied to my AC.

The sky is falling the sky is falling.

Lock this thread right now before it spins out of control and we start talking about energy issues again like the gas thread did. Don't you realize that we can't discuss anything but sports and half nakid women on this forum without getting in trouble? :razz: :roll: :razz:

WWBGD

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"RK." wrote:
    Oh sure they want us to conserve. Obviously another dastardly Bush plan. He is just trying to turn us all into conservers and then into total conservatives. Its all a Republican plot to get people thinking they are being conservative. I stand for the progressive use of energy liberally applied to my AC.

Lock this thread right now before it spins out of control and we start talking about energy issues again like the gas thread did. Don't you realize that we can't discuss anything but sports and half nakid women on this forum without getting in trouble? :razz: :roll: :razz:
    Why this? ^

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:

Why this? ^
    Maybe he just likes the resulting black outs and no AC at all then?
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Heat wave will boost power use, strain utilities

A regular Einstein, that reporter! :roll:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

another benefir of living in canada(specifically manitoba). due to the ginormous lakes of lake winnipeg , lake manitoba, winnipegosis, cedar, and others we have giaganic systems of rushing rivers which then flow into hudsons bay. since the power comany in manitoba is a crown corp(owned by goverment) it gets government funding to build hydro dams. the result, exess electricity which we sell at increadible marked up prices to the states and ontario. with that money our electricity prices go even lower, resulting in the fact that i've never heard about an energy crisis here, and like i've stated, dirt cheap and steady rates compared to most other places. :grin: gotta love it, and the government is still building more dams, which means more money for manitoba. in your face alberta, our energy resoruse is renewable. in 100years manitoba will be prospering while alberta slumps after the loss of all their oil :grin: i love canada, especially it's government run companies which drive down prices of things

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    another benefir of living in canada(specifically manitoba). due to the ginormous lakes of lake winnipeg , lake manitoba, winnipegosis, cedar, and others we have giaganic systems of rushing rivers which then flow into hudsons bay. since the power comany in manitoba is a crown corp(owned by goverment) it gets government funding to build hydro dams. the result, exess electricity which we sell at increadible marked up prices to the states and ontario. with that money our electricity prices go even lower, resulting in the fact that i've never heard about an energy crisis here, and like i've stated, dirt cheap and steady rates compared to most other places. :grin: gotta love it, and the government is still building more dams, which means more money for manitoba. in your face alberta, our energy resoruse is renewable. in 100years manitoba will be prospering while alberta slumps after the loss of all their oil :grin: i love canada, especially it's government run companies which drive down prices of things
    I have one of these so you know what you can do with your electricity! :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast