Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD tv

realmeandogg is offline Training Camp

HD tv

Got a question I have a HD ready tv is it really worth going all out and getting the HD Box and HD channels. If so directv or cable which is the best for HD??

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: HD tv

HD is awesome with surround sound DirecTv i think would be better since they are gonna come out with more channels by the end of the year and they also have NFL ticket on HD which is greatness

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think it's cool, there really is a noticable difference in the color and resolution. It's kind of a cool thing to have, especially for football games.

PhillyVikes is offline Starter

Depends on where you live, if you get the Vikings games localy I would go with cable, cause with Directv(which I own cause im out of state) you have to buy the HD receiver and if you want TIVO on top of it it will coss a good $500 at the least.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I had a regular cable box through Comcast. I called them up to say I was considering going with Dish Network, but wanted to first see what Comcast had in HDTV with DVR (TiVo). They gave me a free upgrade just to stay with them. The biggest expense for me was the stupid cable between the cable box and TV..., it was like $110 at Best Buy. Apparently the cable gave the boost from an Extended Definition quality to true High Definition.

I think I'll use the money I saved on the cable box on a DVD Recorder to record the games.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

well any viking fan that lives outta state has to give a resounding voucher for directv .

nfl sunday ticket is the only reason i got directv , and of course that's because i'm a huge vikes fan!

tivo makes regular tv worthless , and i am still tring to upgrade to hd ,but the hd tivo's (as stated) are very expensive .

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I watched the home run derby last night in HD on my new 96" home theatre system. The HD was astounding.

HerdDaVikes is offline Rookie

96' is that a projector?

BigPep11 is offline Rookie

I just recently picked up a HDTV also, because i heard by 2007 pretty much everything will be broadcast in HD. POssibly widescreen too.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Yeah, a DLP projector..phenomenal with DVD, digital TV, and HD....and with a DVDO scaler for normal TV. THX 7.2 surround. LETS GET THE FOOTBALL SEASON GOING, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast