scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Hatton v Mayweather

The two undefeated boxers face off in Vegas on Saturday for what many think is the title of best pound for pound fighter in the world. Although Mayweather starts as favourite, Hatton's attacking style gives him a good chance IMO, although cuts have been an issue with him in the past. The British papers are estimating between 10000 and 30000 Hatton fans will be making the trip across the pond, I really hope they will have something to celebrate on Saturday night. I'm going for Hatton to stop him in the 6th, but maybe that's my heart talking rather than my head.

Hatton questions Mayweather heart......

Blog Entries

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hatton v Mayweather

"scottishvike" wrote:
    The two undefeated boxers face off in Vegas on Saturday for what many think is the title of best pound for pound fighter in the world. Although Mayweather starts as favourite, Hatton's attacking style gives him a good chance IMO, although cuts have been an issue with him in the past. The British papers are estimating between 10000 and 30000 Hatton fans will be making the trip across the pond, I really hope they will have something to celebrate on Saturday night. I'm going for Hatton to stop him in the 6th, but maybe that's my heart talking rather than my head.
    Too expensive for my blood.
    I may call around to some local sports bars and venture out Saturday night right before the fight starts.
    If I don't see it Saturday, I'll make sure to see the replay next Saturday on HBO.

Tough fight to call.
    Very tough.
    Hatton is a monster and will be on Mayweather like De La Hoya tried to do - but Floyd is the champ.
    And the best "pound-for-pound" (as they say) out there right now.

Crap.

Now I'm *really* wanting to buy the PPV!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

PBF, decision, wide..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

So looking forward to this fight, just watched the weigh in and the atmosphere was amazing.

Looking forward to Hatton lighting up Vegas!

"only oneeeee Ricky Hatton... there's only one.. Ricky Hatton"
    8)

Blog Entries

"Johnson14" wrote:
    So looking forward to this fight, just watched the weigh in and the atmosphere was amazing.

Looking forward to Hatton lighting up Vegas!

"only oneeeee Ricky Hatton... there's only one.. Ricky Hatton"
    8)
    I can't wait either mate, this is the biggest fight for a long time and I don't mind paying for it, even if it means staying up till about 5 in the morning! I'm getting the same sense of anticipation that I had before the big heavyweight bouts of the 90's when Lewis, Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield, McCall, Foreman and Bruno were all battling one another for supremacy, It's such a pity that division has no real Superstars anymore. I just hope tomorrows fight lives up to the hype and Hatton prevails, I have stuck £20 on him winning between rounds 4 & 6, so c'mon Ricky unleash some of those vicious body shots then and make me a little richer.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Gutted for the hitman.
    :'(

The ref was so PRO mayweather it was unbelievable but the better boxer won in the end.

89-81, 89-81, 89-82

pretty lopsided w/o the KO.
    Congrats Money Mayweather!

Blog Entries

Apart from one punch in the first round Hatton never really troubled Mayweather and by the time of the KO it looked like Hatton had run out of steam and ideas. It was funny before the fight you saw Hatton's trainer telling the referee to let allow him to fight inside, he never did this during the fight though and in my eyes was far to quick to call the break. The point deduction was a joke also, it all added up to make Cortez look like a Homer. Despite that Mayweather was the better fighter and fully deserved to win, it's a pity Hatton's fans couldn't have gave him the recognition he deserved after the fight, although that never looked likely after booing the American anthem, which was disgraceful. Mayweather sounded like he was looking to retire after the fight while Hatton could fight De La Hoya in the UK next summer.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

[img width=450 height=300]http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medias/nmedia/18/35/56/37/18406991.jpg[/img]