BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Hate messages found in museum suspect's car

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/11/museum.shooting/index.html

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hate messages found in museum suspect's car

Great a nutcase with a gun. Let the arguments form both sides begin

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

No need to debate it. It was already debated by our founding fathers.

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." (Thomas Jefferson, Proposal Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334,[C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950])

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, 1788, Initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights,

there are many more quotes.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"marshallvike" wrote:

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." (Thomas Jefferson, Proposal Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334,[C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950])

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, 1788, Initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights,

+1

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"Caine" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:

+1
    I'm not sure why many in our government can't understand it.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

"marshallvike" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:

+1
    all they understand is the money given to them under the table

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"marshallvike" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:

+1
    They understand it perfectly....that's why they want to take them away.

Caine

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Caine" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:

+1
    Great quotes... too bad I can't even own a taser in NYC.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"marshallvike" wrote:

Almost 250 years ago, the world has changed greatly.

They wanted weapons to protect themselves from an oppressive power.

While I don't believe in total disarmament of civilians, I think that the founding fathers argument is dated.

And they didn't have handguns back then. I think everyone should be able to own long guns, but the purpose of handguns is the ability to conceal. What's the purpose of a citizen concealing a handgun? Yes, I'm aware this man used a rifle. I'm just putting my 2 cents out there about gun control.

"Mr" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:

Almost 250 years ago, the world has changed greatly.

They wanted weapons to protect themselves from an oppressive power.

While I don't believe in total disarmament of civilians, I think that the founding fathers argument is dated.

And they didn't have handguns back then. I think everyone should be able to own long guns, but the purpose of handguns is the ability to conceal. What's the purpose of a citizen concealing a handgun? Yes, I'm aware this man used a rifle. I'm just putting my 2 cents out there about gun control.
    Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast