Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Has pp.o grown up or gotten uptight?

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    if there wasn't a regular clashing of personalities, this would be a boring place.
    Who wants to agree with everyone all the time?
    The overly sensitive, PC cry-babies, but they don't want to agree with everybody, they want everybody to agree with them.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Exactly. We are much more of a family than we were before. It seems like everyone has a role to play. Maybe more of a team than a family?
    If we are the team, does that make Cajun Randy Moss?
    More like Booty :P

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Exactly. We are much more of a family than we were before. It seems like everyone has a role to play. Maybe more of a team than a family?
    If we are the team, does that make Cajun Randy Moss?
    Yep, or maybe Robert Smith. Atleast we got something for Moss.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

pp.o: a dynamic place where fiction meets nonfiction resulting in a synergistic reaction that morphs a surrealistic world into a twisted reality.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Haven't been as here long enough to know if it's changed. But it's real cool here...there's maybe 2 members who's negativity gets to the point of annoyance. I can respect pretty much everybody else's opinion and conversation even though I'm in the minority on at least one or 2 things.

:P
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    pp.o: a dynamic place where fiction meets nonfiction resulting in a synergistic reaction that morphs a surrealistic world into a twisted reality.
    Okay, I think it's time someone took away Prophet's thesaurus.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't understand why people keep talking about negativity. I don't even notice it.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Even with the negativity it's more fun during the season and certain other times (draft, etc.). The offseason is all about wish lists and real fantasy football. But it's still the best site I've visited.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Of course PPO has changed.
    The team has changed, the membership has changed, it stands to reason that the prevailing personality of the site has changed.

One observation about the differences between the Tice years and the Chiller Era...

When Tice was here, even though he wasn't the consumate coach, we sort of felt that we could break out at any given moment.
    A lot of that had to do with Randy Moss, but it was also the fact that the Vikings were a scrappy team, and when they got hot, they could beat anyone.

Of course, seeing how Tice was saddled with an owner who wold not spend money....ever, Tice had to make due with what he had...which meant Steve Loney as OC at one sad point.
    And when you're making due, you're bound to have a few wild cards show up.

So, when the Red *screws squirrels* McCombs era came to a merciful end, Ziggy sat back and watched for a year...only to have the Love Boat and the scalping of tickets pop up.

So, Tice - who was truly dealt a cruddy hand - got canned and Wilf decided to err on the side of paranoia...and hired the most anal-retentive guy to apply....The Chiller.

And Chiller hammered everything into the image HE desired.

And now we have the team we have...minus the excitement, minus the intensity, and minus the emotion.

Are we a better team?
    Not in my opinion.
    Some of our individual players are...but as a whole....not in my opinion.

And, as the team has altered, so have the posts.
    Some of us are not fans of the Chiller and his KAO.
    Some defend Chiller & Company and claim that "we" are simply too negative.

To me, the irony is that Chiller, with all the money in the world to hire the best coaches and pursue the top FA's, hasn't really done any better than Tice did..and Tice wasn't allowed to hire anyone, and we didn't sign jack squat back then (Except Freb Smoop
    )

So, yes, we've changed.
    And once Chiller is fired, we'll change again.
    As the team alters and changes, so too will the members.

Caine

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

The negativity doesn't really bother me at all.

We have a lot to be negative about with this franchise, it's more like reality than negativity.

And it's just not the Vikings making people negative lately, everywhere you look there's something wrong. If you can stay positive in times like these you're something special.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast