Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Has pp.o grown up or gotten uptight?

Whats happened to all the stupid games we used 2 play?
    What happened to the sig contests?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Has pp.o grown up or gotten uptight?

I voted no. The people did. Brad Childress caused this.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Whats happened to all the stupid games we used 2 play?
    Well who wants to go against Josdin in a sig contest..
    ;D

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I still love it.. But it has gotten alot more negative and people try too hard to argue and don't respect others opinions as well

People try to make it perfect around here and if you post something in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic even as a joke u get freaked out on.. We used to joke around alot.. Now people take it way too seriously

It's not that big of a deal.. The site hasn't changed that much except it looks better and there is alot more content and what not.. But some of the people that have came in within the last 2-3 years have really made it a negative place sometimes and don't see both sides at all

I don't blame some people sometimes.. But it gets a little old when you see the team you root for bashed over everything

It's all good though.. Won't ever make me leave

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Its the Obama effect.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Me and C Mac have one going.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"V4L" wrote:
    I still love it.. But it has gotten alot more negative and people try too hard to argue and don't respect others opinions as well

People try to make it perfect around here and if you post something in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic even as a joke u get freaked out on.. We used to joke around alot.. Now people take it way too seriously

It's not that big of a deal.. The site hasn't changed that much except it looks better and there is alot more content and what not.. But some of the people that have came in within the last 2-3 years have really made it a negative place sometimes and don't see both sides at all

I don't blame some people sometimes.. But it gets a little old when you see the team you root for bashed over everything

I AGREE with you... but as long as the so called "negative" opinions actually have merit, and not just someone saying we suck just because they are having a bad day.. I can live with it...

I think Brad may have a little to do with it.. but i really think a superbowl would do wonders for the morale around here...
    ;D

with all the acquisitions, and great players comes a lot of expectations and with those expectations comes more scrutiny esp. when we loose or dont' play up to our level and ability...

but with that said, it could be a lot worse... we could be the lions...
    ;D

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I AGREE with you... but as long as the so called "negative" opinions actually have merit, and not just someone saying we suck just because they are having a bad day.. I can live with it...

I think Brad may have a little to do with it.. but i really think a superbowl would do wonders for the morale around here...
    ;D

with all the acquisitions, and great players comes a lot of expectations and with those expectations comes more scrutiny esp. when we loose or dont' play up to our level and ability...

but with that said, it could be a lot worse... we could be the lions...
    ;D

Agreed man

A ton of the negative posts have merit as well.. And good reason behind them.. But there is too many negative posts IMO.. Not that me saying this will change anything or make them see the bright side sometimes.. But I can't post sometimes when you look at the huddle and each thread is a "fire chilldress thread" or there are arguments going in on most of them

The personal attacks and negativity and the people trying to make this place too perfect has grown alot.. I can understand when people don't want threads de railed but today I had like 10 people freak out when I posted the exact same thing someone just said but with smileys.. People really didn't like that.. I've seen it happen before but like 10 people jumped the gun on that.. It wasn't messing up the thread or anything if people were actually following it.. Marr has already specified to the other poster that it wasn't a thread about the Vikes.. So I do the same thing with a little sarcasm.. Im not trying to bitch or anything, but people try to keep it perfect around here too often and need to lighten up a bit

I love the mods they do a good job with duplicate threads and all that stuff.. And if a thread gets too derailed it gets fixed up right away

I don't really have much more to add.. Even with all the negativity and everything it's still the best Vikes site on the planet

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    I voted no. The people did. Brad Childress caused this.
    Meathead made us happy?

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Yes PP.O has changed.
    The website dedicated to the most exciting team in the NFL has changed for the better.
    A new sleek look, more user-friendly, and all the info a Vikings fan could ask for.
    The overly sensitive, PC cry-babies who join just to spew their silliness and and antagonize regular members have changed it for the worse.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast