Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Happy Martin Luther King Day

    Although Martin Luther King was actually born on Jan 15th (like me) the government in thier infinite wisdom decided to switch the date we celebrate it.

    Anyway, hope everyone that has the day off enjoys it, for those of you that are working, I hope you don't have to do much.

    By the way, I planned on fishing today.
    A inch and a half of snow and 19 degree weather kindof put the kybosh on that idea.
    ;D



    [img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Brian.jpg[/img]
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551

    Re: Happy Martin Luther King Day

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Although Martin Luther King was actually born on Jan 15th (like me) the government in thier infinite wisdom decided to switch the date we celebrate it.

    Anyway, hope everyone that has the day off enjoys it, for those of you that are working, I hope you don't have to do much.

    By the way, I planned on fishing today.
    A inch and a half of snow and 19 degree weather kindof put the kybosh on that idea.

    ;D

    Likewise Marr.
    You ever had that bad boy boat to Lake Erie.
    I'm making my Dad to Lake Erie for his 70th birthday in April or May.
    Great Walleye lake...we've been there a couple of times.
    Good Smallies too.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  3. #3
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Happy Martin Luther King Day

    Just got back from a MLK jr. b-fast with all these speakers from DC.
    Always interesting.
    The guy who spoke today was there when he delivered his famous 'I have a dream' speech.
    One of the funny things he mentioned was that earlier in the day there was this guy with a crappy voice singing 'blowin' in the wind' that he said he kind of felt sorry for because he looked like some homeless guy and he couldn't carry a tune...our very own MN native, Robert Zimmerman or better known as Bob Dylan.
    Joan Baez was also hanging with him and her voice sounded a bit better.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Happy Martin Luther King Day

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Although Martin Luther King was actually born on Jan 15th (like me) the government in thier infinite wisdom decided to switch the date we celebrate it.

    Anyway, hope everyone that has the day off enjoys it, for those of you that are working, I hope you don't have to do much.

    By the way, I planned on fishing today.
    A inch and a half of snow and 19 degree weather kindof put the kybosh on that idea.

    ;D

    Likewise Marr.
    You ever had that bad boy boat to Lake Erie.
    I'm making my Dad to Lake Erie for his 70th birthday in April or May.
    Great Walleye lake...we've been there a couple of times.
    Good Smallies too.
    Naw I just fish the Chesapeak Bay and a few of the bigger lakes/rivers around here in South Eastern VA.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Happy Martin Luther King Day

    Was looking forward to going to a event a our local church today with my kids instead I have to help plan my uncle's funeral :'(

  6. #6
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551

    Re: Happy Martin Luther King Day

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Although Martin Luther King was actually born on Jan 15th (like me) the government in thier infinite wisdom decided to switch the date we celebrate it.

    Anyway, hope everyone that has the day off enjoys it, for those of you that are working, I hope you don't have to do much.

    By the way, I planned on fishing today.
    A inch and a half of snow and 19 degree weather kindof put the kybosh on that idea.

    ;D

    Likewise Marr.
    You ever had that bad boy boat to Lake Erie.
    I'm making my Dad to Lake Erie for his 70th birthday in April or May.
    Great Walleye lake...we've been there a couple of times.
    Good Smallies too.
    Naw I just fish the Chesapeak Bay and a few of the bigger lakes/rivers around here in South Eastern VA.
    That's right...my bad; forgot you were in VA.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Happy Martin Luther King Day

    "Garland" wrote:
    Was looking forward to going to a event a our local church today with my kids instead I have to help plan my uncle's funeral :'(
    Sad to hear that my friend.
    We will put you and yours in our prayers.
    Sorry for the loss.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Happy Martin Luther King Day

    [size=12pt]Miri Ben-Ari: "Symphony of Brotherhood"[/size]
    [youtube=425,350]jfz1hJZPsxM[/youtube]

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfz1hJZPsxM

  9. #9
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Happy Martin Luther King Day

    "josdin00" wrote:
    [size=12pt]Miri Ben-Ari: "Symphony of Brotherhood"[/size]
    [youtube=425,350]jfz1hJZPsxM[/youtube]
    Wow that video got removed quick ??? "Sorry that video is no longer available"

  10. #10
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Happy Martin Luther King Day

    "Garland" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    [size=12pt]Miri Ben-Ari: "Symphony of Brotherhood"[/size]
    [youtube=425,350]jfz1hJZPsxM[/youtube]
    Wow that video got removed quick ??? "Sorry that video is no longer available"
    Really? it still shows that it's there for me.

    Here's the url:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfz1hJZPsxM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Q&A with Martin Nance
    By Capital_J in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 10:28 PM
  2. C. Martin done?
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 07:45 AM
  3. Malcolm X or Martin Luther King Jr?
    By Burley81 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 11:13 PM
  4. Luther Head > ALL
    By RandyMoss8404 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 12:40 AM
  5. Happy Birthday to the King!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 12:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •