Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    The Happening:M. Night Shyamalan needs to stop making movies!

    Ok So I saw Hulk todasy(great movie) and had about 2 hours to kill since my wife sent me a text to say that she was stuck at work and I was picking her up, so I had a extra 2 hours to Kill.
    The Happening was starting in 5 minutes so I thought "what the Hell" I have heard some bad things but thought It can't be that bad right. I had read some things that he seemed to know that he made some bad films but was "going to get it right with this movie"
    Well for a guy that made one of my favorite movies the Sixth sense. He has gone downhill from there. Lady in the water was unwatchable, the Villiage was disappointing but I thought it was so-so along with Signs and unbreakable. This movie was better than lady in the water but not by much. I honestly can say that I may just pick this up for rental when it comes out so I can listen to the commentary and try to figure out just what in the hell he was trying to say in the movie.

  2. #2
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: The Happening:M. Night Shyamalan needs to stop making movies!

    "Garland" wrote:
    Ok So I saw Hulk todasy(great movie) and had about 2 hours to kill since my wife sent me a text to say that she was stuck at work and I was picking her up, so I had a extra 2 hours to Kill.
    The Happening was starting in 5 minutes so I thought "what the Hell" I have heard some bad things but thought It can't be that bad right. I had read some things that he seemed to know that he made some bad films but was "going to get it right with this movie"
    Well for a guy that made one of my favorite movies the Sixth sense. He has gone downhill from there. Lady in the water was unwatchable, the Villiage was disappointing but I thought it was so-so along with Signs and unbreakable. This movie was better than lady in the water but not by much. I honestly can say that I may just pick this up for rental when it comes out so I can listen to the commentary and try to figure out just what in the hell he was trying to say in the movie.
    What a twist!

  3. #3
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: The Happening:M. Night Shyamalan needs to stop making movies!

    i actually liked lady in the water, in a very odd kinda way. But thats M Night Shymalan, hes odd, im going to see the happening this week sometime, i hope it doesnt suck liek u said it did lol

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  4. #4
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: The Happening:M. Night Shyamalan needs to stop making movies!

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i actually liked lady in the water, in a very odd kinda way. But thats M Night Shymalan, hes odd, im going to see the happening this week sometime, i hope it doesnt suck liek u said it did lol
    Just curious what you liked about it. I never saw it in th theater but rented it. I turned it off about 1/2 way through it was so brutal.

  5. #5
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: The Happening:M. Night Shyamalan needs to stop making movies!

    This guy has talent. But he thinks he is a genius. And it shows in his movies. He sacrifices plot for mind fucking on a much too consistent basis.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  6. #6
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: The Happening:M. Night Shyamalan needs to stop making movies!

    "Garland" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i actually liked lady in the water, in a very odd kinda way. But thats M Night Shymalan, hes odd, im going to see the happening this week sometime, i hope it doesnt suck liek u said it did lol
    Just curious what you liked about it. I never saw it in th theater but rented it. I turned it off about 1/2 way through it was so brutal.
    Word. Lady in the Water is pure crap.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  7. #7
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: The Happening:M. Night Shyamalan needs to stop making movies!

    The Village was crap

  8. #8
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Happening:M. Night Shyamalan needs to stop making movies!

    even scary movie 4 had a better plot than the village.

  9. #9
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: The Happening:M. Night Shyamalan needs to stop making movies!

    Shyamalan could have made "The Passion" instead of Mel Gibson and then we could have found out Jesus was actually a Robot from 10,000 years ago into the future who was sent by M.A.D.D. to combat alchohol in the past.
    I mean that's the kind of plot twists he likes to put in his movies now.
    It's like every
    movie he feels the need to have a bigger and bigger twist than the last one.
    I still think unbreakable was a horrible waste of a movie reunion of Sam Jackson and Willis.
    Watch out Bruce, don't drown in the puddle of water.

  10. #10
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: The Happening:M. Night Shyamalan needs to stop making movies!

    "Garland" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i actually liked lady in the water, in a very odd kinda way. But thats M Night Shymalan, hes odd, im going to see the happening this week sometime, i hope it doesnt suck liek u said it did lol
    Just curious what you liked about it. I never saw it in th theater but rented it. I turned it off about 1/2 way through it was so brutal.
    i saw it in the theatre, it did start off slow, but if u followed everything it got very interesting in the middle of the movie, the ending was pretty good also

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings making a stop in Austin
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 12:01 PM
  2. What's happening with Henderson, Others?
    By VikesfaninWis in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 02:15 PM
  3. What's happening to our competition?
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 02:33 AM
  4. STOP MAKING THREADS TELLING PEOPLE TO STOP MAKING THREADS!
    By packmanxxxi in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 07:19 PM
  5. Foreman: STOP MAKING NEW THREADS
    By RandyMoss8404 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 03:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •