BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Hams 'delicious for Chanukah'

NEW YORK - This was REALLY not kosher. A grocery store in Manhattan made a food faux pas, advertising hams as "Delicious for Chanukah."

Chanukah, an alternate spelling for Hanukkah, is the eight-day Jewish holiday that began Tuesday evening, and hams as well as pork and other products from pigs can't be eaten under Jewish dietary laws.

A woman who saw the mistake over the weekend at the Balducci's store on 14th Street took pictures of the signs and posted them on her blog.

Jennifer Barton, director of marketing, told The Associated Press on Thursday that the signs were changed as soon as the error was noted.

She issued an apology on the company Web site, saying the company would be reviewing its employee training.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071206/ap_on_fe_st/odd_hanukkah_ham;_ylt=AkXE6FG1FX1MWgnTQW_uxgcuQE4F

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Hams 'delicious for Chanukah'

I'm gonna have to forward this to my Jewish mother-in-law.
    ;D

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    NEW YORK - This was REALLY not kosher. A grocery store in Manhattan made a food faux pas, advertising hams as "Delicious for Chanukah."

Chanukah, an alternate spelling for Hanukkah, is the eight-day Jewish holiday that began Tuesday evening, and hams as well as pork and other products from pigs can't be eaten under Jewish dietary laws.

A woman who saw the mistake over the weekend at the Balducci's store on 14th Street took pictures of the signs and posted them on her blog.

Jennifer Barton, director of marketing, told The Associated Press on Thursday that the signs were changed as soon as the error was noted.

She issued an apology on the company Web site, saying the company would be reviewing its employee training.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071206/ap_on_fe_st/odd_hanukkah_ham;_ylt=AkXE6FG1FX1MWgnTQW_uxgcuQE4F

LOL, thats funny......But let me tell you, I grew up in West Hartford, CT for a part of my life, and there is a very big Jewish community there.
    I had a number of Jewish friends, and trust me, when we went camping, some of them would gobble up that bacon faster than you could say
    OY VAY.......LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

LOL, thats funny......But let me tell you, I grew up in West Hartford, CT for a part of my life, and there is a very big Jewish community there.

I had a number of Jewish friends, and trust me, when we went camping, some of them would gobble up that bacon faster than you could say

OY VAY.......LOL
    A few years ago my dad's girl friend from Norway was visiting us in Canada during Easter (not really a big Jewish holiday), we had made a big ham dinner.
    As were sitting down to eat my dad told us she was Jewish..... my wife and I started to scramble to make something else for her but she said no she'd like to have the ham.
    My dad is really good at pointing out little details like this at the last minute :