Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Guys i need help

I hate to actually take a side here, but I quit football my senior year (we went to a new wishbone offense, eliminating my position as a wing back), and I find myself often regretting it. I wasn't fantastic, but I was good enough to be in on some plays and do something positive.

Just make sure that you won't find yourself wishing you hadn't. For most of us, football is done when you graduate high school, anyway.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Guys i need help

yea guys thanks for all your help i think im going to play as los said after high school most of us our done so i will just have to concentrate on both grades and sports thanks for all your advice
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Guys i need help

As a teacher, I certainly wish more kids would put as much thought into their grades as they do football as this young man has.

If you seem to be struggling with your grades, you can always back out of football. It is obvious from what you've written that your grades are the most important, as they should be. However, if you feel you can handle both, then that is what you should do. Studies actually show that students who play sports have better grades and learn more because they budget their time better.

I played football up until my senior year, and like Los, I regret it deeply. I remember sitting in the stands, wondering why I quit. Grades are HUGE! Don't sacrific them for football. However, if you can do both.... do it....
    3 Straight Division Champs

tdawg0002 is offline Rookie

Guys i need help

I, like packman, am a teacher. I too admire the thought you are putting into your grades and sports decision. I have read over the previous responses and see that you have gotten a lot of advice. The best advice in this situation is to do what you think is best for YOU.

Personally, I missed my 10th grade year of football due to a broken hand. The next year I knew that it was going to be an uphill battle trying to get back into the starting lineup, so I chose to not play and work on keeping my grades up. Looking back on it, I made a mistake. I really wish I would've played football. I am smart enough that my grades wouldn't have been affected that much, if any at all, and the comraderie and joy that you get while playing any sport is more than one can ever explain (I did play basketball so I'm not trying to pretend I know what I'm talking about). Also remember that if your grades are over a 3.0, unless you plan on going to Harvard or MIT, they really don't matter. There aren't too many state colleges or universities left that have cutoffs over the 3.0 mark and businesses are looking more at personalities when they are hiring than they are worrying abour grades.

To put in a few words what I just said in far too many, do what you want to do but try to think about the memories you will be missing out on if you don't give it a chance.
    Protect our future...Keep your kids out of the reach of any Green Bay Packers.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Guys i need help

what grade do you guys teach

Guys i need help

"magicci" wrote:
    what grade do you guys teach
    I'm a middle school math teacher. I have also taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade phy ed. Teaching is awesome. I can't say enough about the profession.

Guys i need help

hey tdawg i also want to be a teacher well i rather be an actor cause i hear thats really easy money but since thats unlikely i would like to be a history teacher my gpa in 9th grade was 3.3 something do u think that is good enough to become a history teacher?
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

Guys i need help

"SHOW-TIME" wrote:
    hey tdawg i also want to be a teacher well i rather be an actor cause i hear thats really easy money but since thats unlikely i would like to be a history teacher my gpa in 9th grade was 3.3 something do u think that is good enough to become a history teacher?
    When it comes to finding a job, high school GPA is irrelevant. The only people that look at your high school GPA are the college/colleges that you are applying to. As long as you meet the college's standards (which can be quite low in some instances), you should be fine. Your college grads should just stay over a 3.0. Most states set their limits at 2.5, but it looks a lot better if you keep it to a 3.0 or better.

A 3.3 is just fine. Now all you need to do is maintain that GPA over the next 7 years or so and you will be on your way to being a teacher!!!

Guys i need help

well just thanks for everyones advice i appreciate it greatly

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Football or not...

I would say go for them both - you can play football and study at the same time - look at Matt Birk! The guy went to an Ivy League school (Harvard), got his degree AND is an All-Pro center in the NFL. Just remember - DON'T sacrefice the grades for football! If you can't handle both, concentrate on grades. Use Matt Birk and guys like him as role models - NOT guys like Marcus Vick, who was just suspended from the FB team for the year for his recent crimes. You can DO it!

Good Luck!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast