Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Guys i need help

alright not that any of you care but i need some advice now i played football since i was 10 as a qb and now im in 10th grade and i decided not too sign up this year for football because i wanted to concentrate more on my grades. but i just dont know i really want to play but i also want to have alot of time for grades what do u guys think i should do?
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

Guys i need help

i dont really give a crap but ide say go for football and have fun.. just blow off your parents lol (jk)

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Guys i need help

It really depends how good you are.....If you have a shot at playing D1 ball or a scolarship, I'd stick to football. If you don't have a shot at much after high school, I'd concentrate on your grades, because those will probably get you farther than football.

I'm sorta in the same boat, this year I dropped Cross Country to work on grades (and do more sprint-oriented workouts for track).

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Guys i need help

Hey man. Play ball you only have a limited amount of time to do so. It dosent matter if your good or not or if you have potential to play d1. Just play for the love of the game.

For me there is no better feeling than during the game there is nothing else that can simulate that feeling.enjoy it while you can.

You can still pull of good grades its all about budgeting your time you can easily do both.

I have been playing football since grade. 2 and I am currently playing university Ball . And I cant imagine it any other way I just play every play like its my last because some day its going to end and thats going to suck.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Guys i need help

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    Hey man. Play ball you only have a limited amount of time to do so. It dosent matter if your good or not or if you have potential to play d1. Just play for the love of the game.

For me there is no better feeling than during the game there is nothing else that can simulate that feeling.enjoy it while you can.

You can still pull of good grades its all about budgeting your time you can easily do both.

I have been playing football since grade. 2 and I am currently playing university Ball . And I cant imagine it any other way I just play every play like its my last because some day its going to end and thats going to suck.
    That's a good point, but I think if he truley loved the game he wouldn't be thinking about dropping it right now. That's what I inferred from it.....but if I inferred completly wrong, I'd say play if you have the heart. How much time do you have to do schoolwork during football season? Also, what kind of classes are you taking, and where were your grades when you played football? All that stuff would factor in.... I'd say if you're not pulling a bad GPA and love the game, go for it. I would think you could squeeze in time to work on your schoolwork during football season.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Guys i need help

I played baseball my whole life, and my first two years in college, I still regret it to this day that I just got up and quit! I didn't get cut, I quit. If you love the game and wanna play you'll work to get the grades! You may have to really bust your @$$ both in the classroom and on the field, but don't do something you're going to regret!! If you don't have the love for the game, quit and then get those grades up for a college eduacation! Good luck in whatever you choose, and let us know!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Guys i need help

It depends mostly on what kind of student you are, and what you expect to get from your grades. The grades I got during football season were basically the same as those that I got during non-football season, so I don't know what to tell you

Sometimes I hated going to practice for conditioning, lol. But man, playing in games is the most fun and excitement I have ever had in my life.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

JoeMama is offline Starter

Guys i need help

You have to make the grades, it will reflect on you no matter what, play ball and study your butt off. You will have time for girls later, and if it's a job that keeps you from studying, then work out a deal with your parents, you know, like, if you make a B average or better, your folks might let the job thing slide for awhile.

Guys i need help

Show Time as you see it does matter here yea you may only know us all as folks on a sports chat board (the best in the world I would add) but i think you have kind of got to know a few better than I, hence your question in seach for answers.

there is some good advise which are If you are looking for a career in sports at some point, It is easy to say play play play but without the grades you can't even go there end of story.... it's what we would call a catch 22 you are damned if you do and damed if you don't, like the teachings of confucious a chinese Philosopher who wrote for every action there is a reaction.

this is a point in alot of folks minds that always happens exactly where you are in school (so your not alone) let call it growing pains should I or shouldn't I maybe the first choice we all start to make in our path of life. Congratulations for realizing it takes some... ALL their life to figure it out and by that time it's over..., not knowing your relationship with family, I would seek parential advise along with your advisors at school (coaches, teachers, consulors) they can help you and believe it or not really want you to communicate with them about things like this...

If you are good at what you do in football or sports..... study you @$$ off as was wisely put however pratice pratice pratice, build your body to take the pain build your mind to carry you through After the game, concentrate on being the best and you will be

as was put girls will be a thing of the future, NOW is the time to strike whilel the iron is hot and you are young. sit down and split a page into two part one side WHY TOO the other side WHY NOT if after you have wrtten down decide which one out weights the other...

I personal had other things to do in life, school was not hard, I played Ball (Football and Baseball) ran track... But I wanted to see the world... I made up my mind to be the best I could be NOT like the rest and joined the US Marines, and I was...my point is make up your MIND what YOU want to do and DO it....believe me IF you put your mind to it, your mind will and can do anything... YOU can and will suceed... but you have to believe in your self...most important

Good Luck and let us know how you get on...
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Guys i need help

Well if you think you can handle both then go for it. If not, then think to yourself if its really worth the time. Think about how good of a coach you have and how good of a chance you could be a starter for the team.

But ive always learned its better to play defense then being on offense since you are the one to make the hit instead of getting rolled by guys twice your size and then wake up the next morning with a lot of aches and pains in your body from taking shots in the pocket from d-line men all the time.

I was almost in the same situation as you were when i was playing ball. Played tackle by the way. I chose concentrating on school more then football since i knew that i wasnt going to college on a football scholarship and didnt enjoy going to practice either.

Personally i would choose grades over football if you dont have a chance to go to college on a football scholarship. IN the long run, grades will come in handy.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast