Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Gun Owners, Any Here?

I carry my guns everywhere I go.
    /flexes
    We're bringing purple back.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Let me start with this, I am not a gun owner but am actually looking into buying a 12 gauge since I always use my dad's guns for hunting.
    I also fully support gun ownership although I won't join any groups like the NRA.

That said people who honestly think their guns are going to be taken away are a little of their rockers.
    Every election I hear the same exact thing.
    Clinton put a ban on assault type weapons and I though the sky was going to fall.
    Do people realize the supreme court overruled a ban against HANDGUNS in D.C.
    Handguns not hunting weapons, they're are plenty of gun supporting Dems in the senate.
    So the Senate would have to pass a bill banning guns even though non of them would get re-elected, then the president would have to sign the bill even though he wouldn't get re-elected, and then the supreme court would have to not over rule the bill even though they overruled the hand gun ban in D.C.
    Then the only way to change the court would be to impeach the justices which would have to go past congress again which would compound the whole thing of them not being re-elected and a wave of senators being elected on gun rights alone.

Might there be some restrictions in our future, sure, but just like the assault ban they'll be overturned and repassed depending on who is in office.

Personally I want to buy an authentic Colt .45 from WWII, I wouldn't mind having that on display.

Articnv is offline Coach

i own
    remigton 12 gauge 1100 semi auto 2 3/4 "
    - My dads firts shotgun when he was a kid.
    I Modified with
    syenthetic
    stock and forarm.
    Also have one of the ose
    low visaiblity open site fromw hen
    i sue to duck hunt and goose hunt,
    it
    makeas a load difrence now when i pheasent hunt i get a better bead on a bird.

I aslsdp own a
    gauge 3 1/2 "
    1100 semi auto
    Remington from when i sue to early
    goose hunt.
    Now i dotn ahve the tiem to
    waterfowl hunt

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I own:

12 ga Beretta ExtremaII
    semi auto shotgun 3.5"
    12 ga winchester ranger pump shotgun
    12 ga Marlin 512 slugmaster bolt action slug gun
    16 ga Remington o/u shotgun
    20 ga Remington o/u shotgun
    .243 WSSM Browning A-Bolt varmint stalker.
    .22 LR Ruger 10/22

This is the time of year when I pheasant hunt every day I can. My go-to gun has become my 16ga o/u. (I am reloading the purple federal hulls
    ;D )

This year I also bought a reloader to reload all of my 12, 20 and 16 ga shells and the dies to reload the .243 wssm. Then I bought myself an electronic trap thrower and we shoot trap and targets out at a friends house all summer long. My 8 yo son also started shooting trap and targets with the .243 this summer and he is very good. Of course my friend and I are right there and give him constant supervision and instruction from
    both directions and he only touches the firearms under adult supervision.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I own a 12 GA Remington Wingmaster shotgun, a 12 GA Mossberg 500 shotgun & a Remington .22 caliber rifle.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Jilly is offline Coach

I own a marshmallow shooter. It's bad ass...has rapid fire. The dogs used to be afraid when I loaded that thing up but now they just try to catch the mallows as they come out.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"VikingMD" wrote:
    I own a marshmallow shooter. It's bad jiggly butt...has rapid fire. The dogs used to be afraid when I loaded that thing up but now they just try to catch the mallows as they come out.
    Ha!!! that's cool. I've had BB, and pellet guns, but when my mother passed a couple years ago I got a couple of her shotguns, a 16 gauge, and a 410 with a pistol grip, both have been modified for home protection. I don't know if they are legal but they are under the bed with ammo for both in the night stand.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I own:

12 ga Beretta ExtremaII
    semi auto shotgun 3.5"
    12 ga winchester ranger pump shotgun
    12 ga Marlin 512 slugmaster bolt action slug gun
    16 ga Remington o/u shotgun
    20 ga Remington o/u shotgun
    .243 WSSM Browning A-Bolt varmint stalker.
    .22 LR Ruger 10/22

This is the time of year when I pheasant hunt every day I can. My go-to gun has become my 16ga o/u. (I am reloading the purple federal hulls
    ;D )

This year I also bought a reloader to reload all of my 12, 20 and 16 ga shells and the dies to reload the .243 wssm. Then I bought myself an electronic trap thrower and we shoot trap and targets out at a friends house all summer long. My 8 yo son also started shooting trap and targets with the .243 this summer and he is very good. Of course my friend and I are right there and give him constant supervision and instruction from
    both directions and he only touches the firearms under adult supervision.
    Nice collection of shotguns.
    I would like to get an O/U for pheasant hunting.
    They are sweet and I love the feel drawing them up on a bird.

That's cool your son likes to shoot.
    I think it's good for young boys to learn how to handle a gun and all the safety that goes along with that.
    My boys (12 &
    7) have shot before and love it.
    Actually, I got my 12 year old a Mossberg .22 Plinkster bolt action for Christmas.
    It was on $99 and is a good starter gun.
    My 7 year old got a compound bow.
    He is in Cub Scouts and he really likes shooting the bow.

AKViking is offline Rookie

"Schutz" wrote:
    Let me start with this, I am not a gun owner but am actually looking into buying a 12 gauge since I always use my dad's guns for hunting.
    I also fully support gun ownership although I won't join any groups like the NRA.

That said people who honestly think their guns are going to be taken away are a little of their rockers.
    Every election I hear the same exact thing.
    Clinton put a ban on assault type weapons and I though the sky was going to fall.
    Do people realize the supreme court overruled a ban against HANDGUNS in D.C.
    Handguns not hunting weapons, they're are plenty of gun supporting Dems in the senate.
    So the Senate would have to pass a bill banning guns even though non of them would get re-elected, then the president would have to sign the bill even though he wouldn't get re-elected, and then the supreme court would have to not over rule the bill even though they overruled the hand gun ban in D.C.
    Then the only way to change the court would be to impeach the justices which would have to go past congress again which would compound the whole thing of them not being re-elected and a wave of senators being elected on gun rights alone.

Might there be some restrictions in our future, sure, but just like the assault ban they'll be overturned and repassed depending on who is in office.

Personally I want to buy an authentic Colt .45 from WWII, I wouldn't mind having that on display.
    You are as optomistic as you claim others to be off their rocker. So I guess that makes you off your rocker as well son. I don't think anyone here thinks their guns will be taken away in the next couple years. However, it is clear that those who have little to no knowledge of firearms are making more attempts to ban them( next it will be ammunition, after all, what good is a gun with no bullets?). Be it state of federal bans. The supreme court left it open for states to restrict/ban guns. Which means the supreme court will not overturn anything somewhat "constitutional". Slowly the rights of law abiding gun owners are being eroded, by ignorance, violent FELONS and people who have no idea why someone would need a firearm. If guns are banned from private ownership then I say ban them from all, including law enforcement and the government(meaning the military as well). Now that wouldn't make much sense would it? Our country would be invaded in hours. Well fortunately our for fathers envisioned this coming repression, and did their best to keep it from happening. But if ignorant fools keep saying it won't happen and continue to support bans, it will come to pass. I pray none of us or our loved ones live to see that horrible day.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Damn, let's not turn this into a political thread...just a gun thread.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast